Anyone Else Feel Scammed?

#51Gamerater66Posted 1/10/2013 7:43:49 PM
Nope. Never played Skyrim.
#52FredCat07Posted 1/10/2013 7:45:37 PM
Elprede007 posted...
ALLENO31 posted...
you would choose horse armor over hearthfire?

You know what I meant, Horse Armor is the only DLC I didn't get.

Reasons Skyrim's DLC blows:
Content: Subpar
Rewards: S***
Unique Weapons & Armor: A little less than adequate. Ex: Deathbrand Armor, good enchants, not unique in looks. Ex 2: Glass Bow of the Stag Prince. Couldn't have made it unique glass? Not Stag themed in any way, just crap glass. Nice enchantmet though.

And that also killed Shadowmere - permanently!
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#53capcat123Posted 1/10/2013 7:59:33 PM
Thats what you get for buying it on xbox
---
My Body Is Ready
#54babiesinoupPosted 1/10/2013 8:02:13 PM
This isn't the PS3 board...
#55krono069Posted 1/10/2013 8:20:29 PM
Aw man, this topic is filled with a bunch of stinky opinions I don't agree with. Funny thing about opinions: They're just like butt-holes; everybody has one and they all stink.
__
---
PSN: krono069/Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks. My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#56Perma-n00bPosted 1/10/2013 8:21:14 PM
He be trollin.... He baitin...... He be comin into this board tryin to get yall butt hurtin. Tryin to get yall butt hurtin. Tryin to get all but hurtin. When he the only one butt hurtin.
#57a687947Posted 1/10/2013 9:10:18 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Arn544 posted...
Skyrim doesn't measure up to it's predecessors in terms of story/writing and acting. It was however a lot of fun to play. The story had incredible concepts but they were horribly implemented.

You compare the teaser trailer to the actual game, they make it seem epic and then the story itself is very boring.

Considering you can easily do 300 hours a save on the main game, it's worth the money. Dawnguard/Heartfire/DB add a lot of content so for 45$ it's not such a bad deal. I wouldn't give 2 dollars for the weak story/scripts/presentation of those but gameplay wise it's well worth it.

Because Morrowind and Oblivion had the best story/writing/acting

that's why skyrim won awards for the story and oblivion didn't
#58darkportal785Posted 1/10/2013 9:15:51 PM(edited)
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Dragonborn>SI
Hearthfire> Four house dlcs
Dawnguard>KOTN
MR has no equal as of right now however Bethesda has more dlc coming out

This.
---
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#59CTBradumsPosted 1/10/2013 9:25:14 PM
I own all Oblivion DLC. Knights of the Nine was decent, but short and not worth the full cost. The horse armor was a complete joke. The housing DLC was decent, but kinda pointless and not worth the money. I think the only DLC that was really great was Shivering Isles, which was exactly what DLC should be. Not horse armor, not that crap Dragon Age: Origins shoved in peoples' faces, but actual content created with care and quality to justify the cost.

I, being an owner of Skyrim on the PS3 and not my 360, haven't played the DLC yet, but from what I've read and heard from friends who have: Dawnguard was decent, but short and didn't really add a lot aside from a few weapon additions and a really short questline. Hearthfire was a fun little addition, but was basically the free "build your own house" mod ported and turned into paid DLC by Bethesda. Dragonborn is the DLC that people seem to be equating to Shivering Isles in terms of quality and quantity of content.

So, to me, it seems like they're following a familiar pattern. Super-short, interesting questline DLC -> small filler/gimmick DLC -> large-scale DLC. I'm naturally going to wait until I can get my hands on Dragonborn to see how it equates, since Shivering Isles was what I'd consider to be perfect DLC for a game: hours of gameplay, new content to explore, and quality scripting and artwork behind it.
#60Arn544Posted 1/10/2013 9:28:13 PM
Anybody can win an award for something lowsy because mass audiences have absolutely no taste, they'll throw at awards at anything if it's popular.

I didn't say it was all bad, in fact I said it had great concepts but it was poorly delivered. The teaser trailer is more epic than any part of the story in the entire game, they could have done much better.