This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#1ZipperbarsPosted 1/12/2013 12:12:17 PM
Why? Because...

1. The graphics are ass. Seriously, look at the barrels in the towns. Have you ever seen such crappy textures? The mountains are incredibly hideous too.

2 The combat is god-awful. The animations are a joke, the overhyped dragon fights are very anticlimatic, and there's no real depth to it. Pong has better gameplay than this. And one thing really bugs me is the lack of variety in the enemies. You fight zombies, humans, and animals. Seriously, that's it? I'm not sure why the geniuses at Bethesda that fighting the same old things for a billion times wouldn't become redundant.

3. The story is quite mediocre. It's not horrible, but it certainly isn't good either. Some people love to mention the "lore" of this game. I consider said lore to be a huge cluster**** of random names and locations mashed together to make it seem deep. "Akatosh of blah blah blah 24H Secunda giants Nirvana and Greybeards thus RandomBookNo919 Vol.II blah blah blah". THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much.

4. The exploration/roleplay aspect is very lacking. I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!". How can you roleplay in a game where your actions have literally no impact at all? You kill the emperor, and what happens after such a major event? A few new guard voice lines! Also, what's the thrill of exploring the same old snowy environment repeated over and over again?

I went into this game expecting an amazing experience, but all I got was this. I'll never know how this game got such a high metacritic sore and so many GOTY awards when there are so much more deserving games out there.
---
GameFAQs moderators are always right.
u're
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 1/12/2013 12:13:53 PM
Indeed. Skyrim sucks.
#3jammymacsterPosted 1/12/2013 12:17:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4BigE363Posted 1/12/2013 12:18:16 PM
Have you seen Armand Christophe?
---
#5fat_irish_guyPosted 1/12/2013 12:19:23 PM
BigE363 posted...

10/10
lmfao
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#6fat_irish_guyPosted 1/12/2013 12:20:12 PM
Zipperbars posted...
Why? Because...

1. The graphics are ass. Seriously, look at the barrels in the towns. Have you ever seen such crappy textures? The mountains are incredibly hideous too.

2 The combat is god-awful. The animations are a joke, the overhyped dragon fights are very anticlimatic, and there's no real depth to it. Pong has better gameplay than this. And one thing really bugs me is the lack of variety in the enemies. You fight zombies, humans, and animals. Seriously, that's it? I'm not sure why the geniuses at Bethesda that fighting the same old things for a billion times wouldn't become redundant.

3. The story is quite mediocre. It's not horrible, but it certainly isn't good either. Some people love to mention the "lore" of this game. I consider said lore to be a huge cluster**** of random names and locations mashed together to make it seem deep. "Akatosh of blah blah blah 24H Secunda giants Nirvana and Greybeards thus RandomBookNo919 Vol.II blah blah blah". THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much.

4. The exploration/roleplay aspect is very lacking. I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!". How can you roleplay in a game where your actions have literally no impact at all? You kill the emperor, and what happens after such a major event? A few new guard voice lines! Also, what's the thrill of exploring the same old snowy environment repeated over and over again?

I went into this game expecting an amazing experience, but all I got was this. I'll never know how this game got such a high metacritic sore and so many GOTY awards when there are so much more deserving games out there.

What is your major malfuction Numnuts!
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#7jammymacsterPosted 1/12/2013 12:22:15 PM
It got lots of awards and such because it's a good game. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's over-rated, it means you just don't like it. Unless of course your opinion is more important than other peoples.

If you don't like it then play another game, when I buy a game I don't like instead of making a fuss about it I'll sell it, buy another game and continue enjoying my hobby.
---
AKA: Valadez
#8Macdaddyruss1Posted 1/12/2013 12:26:10 PM
I know how you feel I felt the same way until I installed on my HD.
---
Satanism in Skyrim-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7q2B-yhkk
#9CRK44Posted 1/12/2013 12:26:30 PM
jammymacster posted...
It got lots of awards and such because it's a good game. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's over-rated, it means you just don't like it. Unless of course your opinion is more important than other peoples.

If you don't like it then play another game, when I buy a game I don't like instead of making a fuss about it I'll sell it, buy another game and continue enjoying my hobby.

Wait, so you're saying that other people's opinion are more important than TC's? Because you basically stated as fact that Skyrim is a good game..kind of hypocritical.
---
Jarl Ballin'
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's) Temporary GT: RetainedPrism18
#10Macdaddyruss1Posted 1/12/2013 12:27:01 PM
Yed to update the graphics glitch was fixed in an old patch dude. Your pretty late to the party.
---
Satanism in Skyrim-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7q2B-yhkk