This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#111jammymacsterPosted 1/13/2013 4:03:26 AM
Zipperbars posted...
Oh boy, I've got a lot of responses. It'll be difficult to reply to all of them, since lolgamefaqs only allows 5 quote blocks at a time. Anyways, there's still these cool "board regulars" who will call anyone who doesn't like this game a troll at first sight? Funny, I've never seen people admit that a troll made valid points before. Still, I'm surprised I got so many civil responses, and some of them actually agreed with me for the most part. My appreciation to those people for not being like the majority of this nonsensical board.

It's not that you don't like the game that makes you a troll. That's fine, obviously not everyone is expected to like the same thing. Even in your initial post you're calling people that disagree with you fanboys. "THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much." "I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!""
It's not that people enjoy different aspects of the game to you or actually have an interest in the lore, it's that they're fanboys. Because you don't like it anybody that does is a fanboy.

You aren't giving constructive criticism or even expecting a discussion, you're just here to bash the game and the people that like it. That's it.
---
AKA: Valadez
#112Mu_NovaPosted 1/13/2013 4:23:21 AM
TC trying too hard.

Skyrim sure isn't perfect, but while some of those things were valid complaints...

Meh.
---
I like My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
#113daddydivinePosted 1/13/2013 4:26:04 AM
Zipperbars posted...
Oh boy, I've got a lot of responses. It'll be difficult to reply to all of them, since lolgamefaqs only allows 5 quote blocks at a time. Anyways, there's still these cool "board regulars" who will call anyone who doesn't like this game a troll at first sight? Funny, I've never seen people admit that a troll made valid points before. Still, I'm surprised I got so many civil responses, and some of them actually agreed with me for the most part. My appreciation to those people for not being like the majority of this nonsensical board.

Again... the word valid is being tossed around a lot on here. The way your initial post came across was less valid and more subjective. You dont make things well-grounded or justifiable by putting ass at the end. Its amusing how you'd like CIVIL responses after making such a combative post.
I'd just like to say that I respect your opinion, but I believe there are many people that believe Skyrim is worth the price of admission. Basically in your version of overrated people should not be enjoying this game as much as they are. So your issue is that people should only like this game as much as you like this game.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#114CRK44Posted 1/13/2013 4:27:14 AM
Wow, come back less than a day later and this is a 100+ topic. So what I see:

>Be TC
>Hear positive reviews
>Like really, really, fanboy-quality reviews
>From everyone
>Play game
>Outdated graphics
>Combat is...lackluster
>Compared to JRPGs/3rd person RPGs
>Pissed that I can't enjoy as much as fans
> Barrels

Understandable. I could never put the insane amount of hours into this game like others. To be honest, I haven't played this in weeks! The gem Dragon's Dogma has had my undivided attention :D
---
Jarl Ballin'
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's) Temporary GT: RetainedPrism18
#115daddydivinePosted 1/13/2013 4:33:12 AM
CRK44 posted...
Wow, come back less than a day later and this is a 100+ topic. So what I see:

>Be TC
>Hear positive reviews
>Like really, really, fanboy-quality reviews
>From everyone
>Play game
>Outdated graphics
>Combat is...lackluster
>Compared to JRPGs/3rd person RPGs
>Pissed that I can't enjoy as much as fans
> Barrels

Understandable. I could never put the insane amount of hours into this game like others. To be honest, I haven't played this in weeks! The gem Dragon's Dogma has had my undivided attention :D

Wait so everyone BUT the TC is wrong about really really liking the game and believing it to be stellar? What is understandable is that he didnt like the game. This game was not his cop of tea. I respect your opinion as well, but it seems like you want to blame those that like the game immensely for his dislike of the game.
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#116kentuckybobPosted 1/13/2013 4:39:01 AM
1) Cant disable kill cams

2) No respec before leaving helgen keep (forced to watch execution anytime I make new character)

3) Constant forced 3rd person (horse, werewolf, killcams, using workstations)

4) Poor horseriding, worse than Oblivions. Slow, glitchy sprint sound, awful sprint distance.

5) Bad journal system. No details to information, too reliant on quest markers.

6) Terrible world map, more like a satelite image than a crumpled up map in my back pocket.

7) Unnessesary camera shift when drawing a weapon in 3rd person. Please leave the cam where it is.

8) Immortal NPC's. Much worse than it was in Oblivion.

9) Awful delay when switching between bow/sword in hotkey. Aswell as glitchy draw sound/animation being played twice. A year later without patching this? seriously.

10) Linear dungeons. 90% of dungeons are just straight corridors with no sense of exploration or intimidation. A 2 hour long corridor does not a deep dungeon dive make.

11) Skooma... it could have been a really unique narcotic, but the best they could come up with was a weak stamina potion.

12) No mortar pestle, at the very least let us make basic potions out in the wild. I never carried a glass alymbic for RP reasons, but always had my trusty mortar and pestle.

13) No weapon degredation. Gear maintenence was a whole other dimension one had to consider when going on an adventure.. no reason to take it out.

14) Arrows dissapear after a certain distance. This did not happen in oblivion.

15) No hand to hand skill. And cant block when using the hand to hand you can do.

16) Not 1 single bookshop.

17) No handicaps in the game world. Ie I can walk into windhelm dressed as an imperial, or walk into whiterun as a khajiit. Dont be afraid to penalise players!

18) Blacksmiths cant upgrade gear for you. This is their job, they should be able to improve your gear for a small sum of gold.

19) Rain still passes through shelters. They managed to fix this in the Fallout new vegas expansion set in the canyons.

20) Nirnroots are too loud... in oblivion they were a gentle hum, now I pick them up just to make them sthu.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#117daddydivinePosted 1/13/2013 4:51:27 AM
kentuckybob posted...
20 things I dislike about Skyrim.

I respect your opinion and agree with some of your points. That doesnt mean that Skyrim is overrated. For a game to be rated highly means it is enjoyed by many people for many reasons. Maybe they enjoyed the game so much they did not notice the issues you noticed. Maybe they liked the map and the horseriding. Maybe two people can have two different set of tastes when it comes to a game. The issue I see is that overrated suggests that others dont know what they like but you do.

P.S. not you exactly sir, just staying on topic.
---