This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#31justaguyx2Posted 1/12/2013 3:37:54 PM
I was in the minority when I thought Mass Effect sucked. It just wasn't my style of game. I thought Oblivion had better missions and story but I still love Skyrim too. Maybe because I grew up with a 8 bit systems I don't look too closely at graphics. Just isn't as important as other things I guess
#32nugmanagogoPosted 1/12/2013 3:39:59 PM(edited)
*tosses TC a sweetroll.
Enjoy, troll.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64824648
Inanity at it's best.
#331qaqa1Posted 1/12/2013 3:46:13 PM(edited)
Zipperbars posted...
Why? Because...

1. The graphics are ass. Seriously, look at the barrels in the towns. Have you ever seen such crappy textures? The mountains are incredibly hideous too.

2 The combat is god-awful. The animations are a joke, the overhyped dragon fights are very anticlimatic, and there's no real depth to it. Pong has better gameplay than this. And one thing really bugs me is the lack of variety in the enemies. You fight zombies, humans, and animals. Seriously, that's it? I'm not sure why the geniuses at Bethesda that fighting the same old things for a billion times wouldn't become redundant.

3. The story is quite mediocre. It's not horrible, but it certainly isn't good either. Some people love to mention the "lore" of this game. I consider said lore to be a huge cluster**** of random names and locations mashed together to make it seem deep. "Akatosh of blah blah blah 24H Secunda giants Nirvana and Greybeards thus RandomBookNo919 Vol.II blah blah blah". THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much.

4. The exploration/roleplay aspect is very lacking. I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!". How can you roleplay in a game where your actions have literally no impact at all? You kill the emperor, and what happens after such a major event? A few new guard voice lines! Also, what's the thrill of exploring the same old snowy environment repeated over and over again?

I went into this game expecting an amazing experience, but all I got was this. I'll never know how this game got such a high metacritic sore and so many GOTY awards when there are so much more deserving games out there.

I'll just compare these to Morrowind

1. Looks even worse than Skyrim after graphics Overhaul.
2.Swing sword directly into enemy.....Sword misses
3.That's always been true
4. The locales were dank and cramped. All there is is Ash and cliff racers and mushrooms. What do you get for saving Ash mountain? Oh thats right just a few points of disposition and a new greeting.

As you can see by your standards Skyrim>Morrowind.
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#34LostoutPosted 1/12/2013 3:50:15 PM
I have to say I 100%agree with the lore comment. Having such a good "backstory" is totally wasted if the writers do nothing with it and it#s only referenced in books etc. An example of a series that has a real history and engaging lore IMO is the legacy of Kain and to a lesser extent Dragon's Age Origins while another terrible example of "shallow lore " is Kingdoms of Amalur. Remember the game Spyro the Dragon? That had more interesting/well thought out dragonlore than Skyrim.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#35WinkingBalotellPosted 1/12/2013 4:02:27 PM
Everything TC said is true pretty much, but Skyrim is still a pretty good game.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#36kamahl25Posted 1/12/2013 4:15:23 PM
Made a really long reply then my browser messed up and deleted it so but my post basically said the story was great, the actual implementation was lackluster, still in my top 5 games ever played though
#37ZerdarkPosted 1/12/2013 4:30:27 PM
Zipperbars posted...
Why? Because...

1. The graphics are ass. Seriously, look at the barrels in the towns. Have you ever seen such crappy textures? The mountains are incredibly hideous too.

2 The combat is god-awful. The animations are a joke, the overhyped dragon fights are very anticlimatic, and there's no real depth to it. Pong has better gameplay than this. And one thing really bugs me is the lack of variety in the enemies. You fight zombies, humans, and animals. Seriously, that's it? I'm not sure why the geniuses at Bethesda that fighting the same old things for a billion times wouldn't become redundant.

3. The story is quite mediocre. It's not horrible, but it certainly isn't good either. Some people love to mention the "lore" of this game. I consider said lore to be a huge cluster**** of random names and locations mashed together to make it seem deep. "Akatosh of blah blah blah 24H Secunda giants Nirvana and Greybeards thus RandomBookNo919 Vol.II blah blah blah". THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much.

4. The exploration/roleplay aspect is very lacking. I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!". How can you roleplay in a game where your actions have literally no impact at all? You kill the emperor, and what happens after such a major event? A few new guard voice lines! Also, what's the thrill of exploring the same old snowy environment repeated over and over again?

I went into this game expecting an amazing experience, but all I got was this. I'll never know how this game got such a high metacritic sore and so many GOTY awards when there are so much more deserving games out there.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! No one hates on Skyrim on MY watch! I'm confiscating you karma. Now pay your fine, or it's off to jail.
---
Official Cave Johnson of the Ace Attorney boards. Wait, I'm not in this game?
#38The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/12/2013 4:34:02 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Admit it guys. Everything TC said is technically and undeniably true.

We also have to acknowledge, however, that the game still manages to somehow be incredibly enjoyable in spite of being flawed and/or mediocre in every category.

Ins saving this for the next time you troll:p
---
To be announced
#39stephen93030Posted 1/12/2013 4:47:27 PM
I hate this game so much I'm gonna tell everyone so they will wise up and stop wasting there time playing!!!! /sarcasm
---
Hello internet!
#40The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/12/2013 4:51:10 PM
Lostout posted...
I have to say I 100%agree with the lore comment. Having such a good "backstory" is totally wasted if the writers do nothing with it and it#s only referenced in books etc. An example of a series that has a real history and engaging lore IMO is the legacy of Kain and to a lesser extent Dragon's Age Origins while another terrible example of "shallow lore " is Kingdoms of Amalur. Remember the game Spyro the Dragon? That had more interesting/well thought out dragonlore than Skyrim.

Remember that 15 year old franchise all about dragons? It's dragon lore is way better than this franchises dragon lore that overall has not much to do with dragons!
---
To be announced