This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#51KotomineKireiPosted 1/12/2013 5:28:43 PM
jammymacster posted...
It got lots of awards and such because it's a good game. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's over-rated, it means you just don't like it. Unless of course your opinion is more important than other peoples.

If you don't like it then play another game, when I buy a game I don't like instead of making a fuss about it I'll sell it, buy another game and continue enjoying my hobby.

I want to say it's a good game, but I'd be lying.

Skyrim is a downgrade in almost all directions(except for features and detail in the meshes/textures; e.g. sprinting and dual-wielding) compared to it's predecessors which were games truly worthy of the Game of the Year titles.

As for buying another game instead of saying why it's bad, that is a petty thing to say, and personally why I believe that the video game industry is taking a turn for the worse.

Developers will just keep churning out terrible games, and soon enough every game will be bad and there won't be "another game" to turn to.

Though, while I support the idea of feedback, posting on GameFaqs probably doesn't help in any way other than getting others to join in giving feedback on the right sites(where Bethesda or some other developer actually pays attention)
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#52DiviDudePosted 1/12/2013 5:36:37 PM
drakor180 posted...
It's like FF7 in that yes, it is a very good game, but it gets WAY more attention than it deserves.
#53LaManoNeraIIPosted 1/12/2013 5:42:45 PM(edited)
Aside from the beautiful and well designed world, I found Skyrim to be pretty soulless. Completely uninteresting story, no memorable or dynamic characters, the worst itemization of any Elder Scrolls (didn't they same they were going to add MORE items? There's a lot LESS of them), static, unrewarding combat, imbalanced skill trees, less variety in enemies and quests, etc. To top it off, I found it to be much less optimized than Oblivion. Plenty of bugs and random performance dips.

People will always disagree on comparisons between Morrowind and Oblivion but at least both of them had their own unique charm and plenty of memorable moments and experiences. Skyrim (for me at least) had none of that.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#54ReDxVaLoOPosted 1/12/2013 5:41:45 PM
Point me to a better Open-world fantasy game and I might agree with you. It's popular because they're aren't many other games like it, despite it's flaws.
---
You have not experienced pain until you have gone toe-to-toe with a Spiny Lobster
#55FOGEDABOUDITPosted 1/12/2013 5:42:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#56LaManoNeraIIPosted 1/12/2013 5:45:37 PM
ReDxVaLoO posted...
Point me to a better Open-world fantasy game and I might agree with you. It's popular because they're aren't many other games like it, despite it's flaws.

I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma much more than I enjoyed Skyrim, if you're talking games released in 2012.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#57UndietakerPosted 1/12/2013 5:48:41 PM
I used to care about what trolls like the OP posted.......

.....then I took an arrow in the knee.
#58SSJ3Goku222Posted 1/12/2013 5:50:17 PM
ReDxVaLoO posted...

Fallout: New Vegas even though i like Skyrim
---
Sage as of 08/09/2011
X-Box Live GT: YoungReezy1337
#59CaIiber345Posted 1/12/2013 5:56:04 PM
TC, I can honestly say that I have no problem with you disliking the game. You state your case and displeasure with many aspects of the game in an understandable way.

Until you reference Pong having "better gameplay". And calling anyone that says that game has Roleplaying and exploration "fanboys." After that, whatever point you were making is null and void because those two statements are absurd. Those are troll statements, plain and simple.

Sorry that Skyrim wasn't for you. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
---
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
Hail HYDRA!
#60hyjinx17Posted 1/12/2013 6:05:18 PM
I geuss I'm the only one who enjoyed combat in Skyrim
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.