This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#71ValedictorianXDPosted 1/12/2013 6:53:33 PM
Xydru posted...
CRK44 posted...
jammymacster posted...
It got lots of awards and such because it's a good game. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's over-rated, it means you just don't like it. Unless of course your opinion is more important than other peoples.

If you don't like it then play another game, when I buy a game I don't like instead of making a fuss about it I'll sell it, buy another game and continue enjoying my hobby.

Wait, so you're saying that other people's opinion are more important than TC's? Because you basically stated as fact that Skyrim is a good game..kind of hypocritical.

I think he's saying the (vast) majority opinion is the right one, or something to that effect, and saying that TC's opinion is just an opinion.
Basically an enlongated version of "your opinion =\= fact".

And to stop whining and move on.

Vast majority is the right one? So, Call of Duty is actually the best game series ever, right?

Vast majority, awards, recognition=/=fact but does=opinion.
Case and point: The Walking Dead, an interactive comic, was voted GOTY by many. Good game? Sure. Best game of the year? Well, the revolver is on your side of the table.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#72leetmasterploxPosted 1/12/2013 6:55:02 PM
You know a troll is successful when he only needs to post once to make people rage.
#73shendudePosted 1/12/2013 7:37:40 PM
Skyrim. Really, is anyone here old enough to have played Morrowind? It blows it away
---
Xfire = crazycast2
#74MitsumanicPosted 1/12/2013 7:39:36 PM
Retneug posted...
1. I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

2. All true, except for the "Pong has better gameplay" line.

3. You're right about the story, but TES has the best lore in the industry. If you've seen better please share.

4. I agree, roleplaying potential is limited... But the exploration is fantastic. I'm sorry that you dislike typical Northern climates.

Exactly this.

While there aren't a ton of polygons, the art direction is ASTOUNDING. The color palette and atmosphere floored me when I went through my first playthrough.
#75BaradekaiPosted 1/12/2013 7:41:22 PM
IMO it's a good game, but hardly deserving of all the GOTY awards etc. The elder scrolls games seem to get worse every time they release a new one.
#76blakenickPosted 1/12/2013 7:42:41 PM
It is overrated, I think so too but...

The graphics are amazing. I mean there's some clipping and stuff but overall it's fantastic.

It still suffers from random floating items such as rocks and boulders, but that's basically a Bethesda staple.

I played primarily on PC and unlike other Bethesda titles it had been ported really badly, the UI was just terrible on PC and clearly a lazy console port. For a AAA title I expected better.

It also felt a bit messy and unorganised, some characters builds just did not work even those the guide suggests. Of course they've patched quite a few skills but it still isn't balanced well.

I still rate it highly, like a 4/5 or 8/10, but it's not a 10/10 game like some people claim.

It's not perfect, but it is really good.

Hence it being overrated, and from my viewpoint it's hard to claim that it's not the opinion of the community, with an average 4.5 rating here it basically means that lots of people do not think it's perfection either as others are rating it 4 or less.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#77Carruth81Posted 1/12/2013 7:51:18 PM
shendude posted...
Skyrim. Really, is anyone here old enough to have played Morrowind? It blows it away

I am. I have. And if the TC thinks the graphics for this game look bad, Morrowind won't do that well.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#78PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/12/2013 7:52:59 PM
While most of these posts bashing the game are from Screen names I don't recognize, it seems like this board doesn't know whether it's a blind fanboy or willing to accept that the game is deeply flawed.

One day Oblvion is the worst game ever made, the next Oblivion is leagues ahead of Skyrim in every aspect. It's just plain weird.

I happen to agree with most of what's said. Everything about Skyrim except the world is just plain mediocre IMO. Awful writing, boring and plain combat, awful variety of EVERYTHING.... it just goes on and on.

On it's own, it is a decent game. It IS overrated however. And when compared to Oblivion it's just.... wow it's like all they cared about was graphics and that's it. They took too much out.

IDK, it's like Bethesda doesn't play their own games. I really do not understand how they could poop Skyrim out and not see how LACKING it is compared to every single other Gamebryo sandbox game (TES AND FO) they made. I don't get how they did the bare minimum and are so proud, as though they somehow managed to make the best game ever made.

The one thing that really gets me is how people seem to think this game was in development for 5 years. It was "in development" as in - they were planning on making it. I'm no expert but I am pretty damn sure they had JUST started to actually make the game shortly before it was announced. Which gives us about a year of actual working on it. Again, no expert, but I am damn sure a lot of time was spent on remaking Gamebryo so it wasn't a big giant turd of an engine (and failed, should have gotten a new one). Oh btw, when beth said they had a new engine they lied. It's gamebryo, they just bought the piece of crap and renamed it instead - ta da! It's a "new" engine!

Basically, the whole thing was rushed, like Oblivion was, and Oblivion was still a better game. It really makes no sense either that it was rushed. It's not a launch title, there was no competition, people are used to waiting for big games.... it just made no sense. OH except 11/11/11..... it's just like, wow, that is truly pathetic.

Compare Beth to Rockstar. Do it. Rockstar makes Bethesda look like a bunch of lazy money grabbers who do not give a s*** about their product. The core mechanics of both companies games never change, but somehow Rockstars games get better and better while Bethesdas just use the same ol crappy tech and stay the same.

/end rant
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#79MonthOLDpicklePosted 1/12/2013 7:57:03 PM
Game is way overrated. Doesn't make it bad. The (very short sadly) main quest is pretty awesome.
#80Carruth81Posted 1/12/2013 7:58:07 PM
Oh boy. Another troll complaining about how much Skyrim sucks. On the Skyrim board. And everyone taking the bait. I can't contain my excitement. Yay. *Takes a pull from bottle of scotch*
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters