This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#81WinkingBalotellPosted 1/12/2013 7:59:42 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Oh boy. Another troll complaining about how much Skyrim sucks. On the Skyrim board. And everyone taking the bait. I can't contain my excitement. Yay. *Takes a pull from bottle of scotch*

It's funny that this is considered a troll topic, since most of TC's points are valid.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#82youshallbeasgodPosted 1/12/2013 7:59:52 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Oh boy. Another troll complaining about how much Skyrim sucks. On the Skyrim board. And everyone taking the bait. I can't contain my excitement. Yay. *Takes a pull from bottle of scotch*

Not just taking the bait, everyone is agreeing with the troll. It's sad.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#83Xtreme-VoidPosted 1/12/2013 8:01:45 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
While most of these posts bashing the game are from Screen names I don't recognize, it seems like this board doesn't know whether it's a blind fanboy or willing to accept that the game is deeply flawed.

One day Oblvion is the worst game ever made, the next Oblivion is leagues ahead of Skyrim in every aspect. It's just plain weird.

I happen to agree with most of what's said. Everything about Skyrim except the world is just plain mediocre IMO. Awful writing, boring and plain combat, awful variety of EVERYTHING.... it just goes on and on.

On it's own, it is a decent game. It IS overrated however. And when compared to Oblivion it's just.... wow it's like all they cared about was graphics and that's it. They took too much out.

IDK, it's like Bethesda doesn't play their own games. I really do not understand how they could poop Skyrim out and not see how LACKING it is compared to every single other Gamebryo sandbox game (TES AND FO) they made. I don't get how they did the bare minimum and are so proud, as though they somehow managed to make the best game ever made.

The one thing that really gets me is how people seem to think this game was in development for 5 years. It was "in development" as in - they were planning on making it. I'm no expert but I am pretty damn sure they had JUST started to actually make the game shortly before it was announced. Which gives us about a year of actual working on it. Again, no expert, but I am damn sure a lot of time was spent on remaking Gamebryo so it wasn't a big giant turd of an engine (and failed, should have gotten a new one). Oh btw, when beth said they had a new engine they lied. It's gamebryo, they just bought the piece of crap and renamed it instead - ta da! It's a "new" engine!

Basically, the whole thing was rushed, like Oblivion was, and Oblivion was still a better game. It really makes no sense either that it was rushed. It's not a launch title, there was no competition, people are used to waiting for big games.... it just made no sense. OH except 11/11/11..... it's just like, wow, that is truly pathetic.

Compare Beth to Rockstar. Do it. Rockstar makes Bethesda look like a bunch of lazy money grabbers who do not give a s*** about their product. The core mechanics of both companies games never change, but somehow Rockstars games get better and better while Bethesdas just use the same ol crappy tech and stay the same.

/end rant

I was reading his crap seriously until he bring up Rockstar,

How can he compare crappy GTA to this Skyrim,
if he compare GTA to Skyrim then, Skyrim is not overrated at all.
#84daddydivinePosted 1/12/2013 8:07:18 PM
WinkingBalotell posted...
Carruth81 posted...

It's funny that this is considered a troll topic, since most of TC's points are valid.

Confusing valid with subjective....
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle
#85Carruth81Posted 1/12/2013 8:07:52 PM
WinkingBalotell posted...
Carruth81 posted...

Valid maybe. But there aren't any complaints here that havent been discussed over and over again ad nauseum. Thats why it's a troll topic, because there isn't any new contibution to the board, and it was placed to start an argument. Yes Skyrim is over-rated, but that doesn't equal bad.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#86MoonlightJustPosted 1/12/2013 8:14:55 PM
You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think that it means.
#87SomboSteelPosted 1/12/2013 8:22:02 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think that it means.

Inconceivable!
#88LaserGunPyewPosted 1/12/2013 8:22:12 PM
MetalJ471 posted...
Anyone else notice that the TC hasn't posted at all since his first post?

Obvious troll.
Stop feeding the troll.
Ignore troll.

This is sage advice i've been given many times and now i give it to all

I'm gonna go ahead and bump his topic and feed him anyway.
#89MrCalcetoPosted 1/12/2013 8:24:59 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
While most of these posts bashing the game are from Screen names I don't recognize, it seems like this board doesn't know whether it's a blind fanboy or willing to accept that the game is deeply flawed.

One day Oblvion is the worst game ever made, the next Oblivion is leagues ahead of Skyrim in every aspect. It's just plain weird.

I happen to agree with most of what's said. Everything about Skyrim except the world is just plain mediocre IMO. Awful writing, boring and plain combat, awful variety of EVERYTHING.... it just goes on and on.

On it's own, it is a decent game. It IS overrated however. And when compared to Oblivion it's just.... wow it's like all they cared about was graphics and that's it. They took too much out.

IDK, it's like Bethesda doesn't play their own games. I really do not understand how they could poop Skyrim out and not see how LACKING it is compared to every single other Gamebryo sandbox game (TES AND FO) they made. I don't get how they did the bare minimum and are so proud, as though they somehow managed to make the best game ever made.

The one thing that really gets me is how people seem to think this game was in development for 5 years. It was "in development" as in - they were planning on making it. I'm no expert but I am pretty damn sure they had JUST started to actually make the game shortly before it was announced. Which gives us about a year of actual working on it. Again, no expert, but I am damn sure a lot of time was spent on remaking Gamebryo so it wasn't a big giant turd of an engine (and failed, should have gotten a new one). Oh btw, when beth said they had a new engine they lied. It's gamebryo, they just bought the piece of crap and renamed it instead - ta da! It's a "new" engine!

Basically, the whole thing was rushed, like Oblivion was, and Oblivion was still a better game. It really makes no sense either that it was rushed. It's not a launch title, there was no competition, people are used to waiting for big games.... it just made no sense. OH except 11/11/11..... it's just like, wow, that is truly pathetic.

Compare Beth to Rockstar. Do it. Rockstar makes Bethesda look like a bunch of lazy money grabbers who do not give a s*** about their product. The core mechanics of both companies games never change, but somehow Rockstars games get better and better while Bethesdas just use the same ol crappy tech and stay the same.

/end rant

kid please, GTA: San Andreas is one of the funniest games ive played
GTA 4 is a gaming masterpiece, honestly
and simply put, Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever made
---
I made this sig just so people wouldn't ignore my posts...
#90Carruth81Posted 1/12/2013 8:29:55 PM
MrCalceto posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

/end rant

kid please, GTA: San Andreas is one of the funniest games ive played
GTA 4 is a gaming masterpiece, honestly
and simply put, Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever made

I'll give you Reed Dead, but I never understood the appeal of pretending you live in the sh**ty parts of LA. And its pretty sad that even though Rockstar's apparently such a great company they'll only be remembered for three games.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters