This has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

#91Cvdf3Posted 1/12/2013 8:09:13 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
Pretty much everything you said was true, even if you said it in an unnecessarily combative tone.

This
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#92ZekunPosted 1/12/2013 8:21:01 PM(edited)
I can name a number of games that are just as overrated in my opinion. I don't think this is a *bad* game, but it definitely could've been better in ways already specified.
---
PSN: Zekunlu
#93XydruPosted 1/12/2013 8:31:43 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Xydru posted...
CRK44 posted...
jammymacster posted...
It got lots of awards and such because it's a good game. You not liking it doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's over-rated, it means you just don't like it. Unless of course your opinion is more important than other peoples.

If you don't like it then play another game, when I buy a game I don't like instead of making a fuss about it I'll sell it, buy another game and continue enjoying my hobby.

Wait, so you're saying that other people's opinion are more important than TC's? Because you basically stated as fact that Skyrim is a good game..kind of hypocritical.

I think he's saying the (vast) majority opinion is the right one, or something to that effect, and saying that TC's opinion is just an opinion.
Basically an enlongated version of "your opinion =\= fact".

And to stop whining and move on.

Vast majority is the right one? So, Call of Duty is actually the best game series ever, right?

Vast majority, awards, recognition=/=fact but does=opinion.
Case and point: The Walking Dead, an interactive comic, was voted GOTY by many. Good game? Sure. Best game of the year? Well, the revolver is on your side of the table.

I don't think you actually understood what my post was saying, because I didn't say that I have that opinion.

Cool mini-rant though.
---
Kyne called on Parthurrnax, who pitied man. Together they taught Men to use the Voice. Then Dragon War raged, Dragon against Tongue.
#94FamdamamdamamPosted 1/12/2013 8:31:44 PM
TC's first mistake was playing it on 360 where it can never be fixed or improved with mods
#95Carruth81Posted 1/12/2013 8:35:06 PM
Famdamamdamam posted...
TC's first mistake was playing it on 360 where it can never be fixed or improved with mods

And your mistake was thinking that everyone has a machine that can handle it on the high settings, if at all.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#96Ajd_KingPosted 1/12/2013 8:42:59 PM
Zipperbars posted...
3. The story is quite mediocre. It's not horrible, but it certainly isn't good either. Some people love to mention the "lore" of this game. I consider said lore to be a huge cluster**** of random names and locations mashed together to make it seem deep. "Akatosh of blah blah blah 24H Secunda giants Nirvana and Greybeards thus RandomBookNo919 Vol.II blah blah blah". THAT is the lore that fanboys love so much.

4. The exploration/roleplay aspect is very lacking. I love how fanboys constantly bring up "b-but it has ROLEPLAYING! and EXPLORATION! ignore the terrible gameplay!". How can you roleplay in a game where your actions have literally no impact at all? You kill the emperor, and what happens after such a major event? A few new guard voice lines! Also, what's the thrill of exploring the same old snowy environment repeated over and over again?

I agree with these to a degree.

It does annoy me that a lot of the cool stuff is left out of game, whilst only the bland things are included. The Dunmer in Windhelm are an example, they could've done a lot more with that 'culture' than chuck some flags up and say "Hey look guys! Culturally distinct!"

And yeah, heh, I don't even consider Skyrim a roleplaying game, so I agree with that last point about the consequences. However, I thought the exploration was pretty good, so we disagree there.
#97turn_basedPosted 1/12/2013 8:43:03 PM
Halo 4 is overrated. Skyrim? Not so much...
---
Redguards Rule!
#98youshallbeasgodPosted 1/12/2013 8:44:38 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Famdamamdamam posted...

And your mistake was thinking that everyone has a machine that can handle it on the high settings, if at all.

You don't need a beast PC to run Skyrim on high.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#99RetneugPosted 1/12/2013 8:45:10 PM
I'm not saying that anyone is wrong...

But I don't get the 7/10s. I don't get looking at Skyrim and saying "meh, it was probably made in a year". I don't get finding the graphics bad or being generally unimpressed with it.

The level of quality is superb. I have never felt so immersed in a game's world; I often take breaks from adventuring and just canter around the countryside on my horse because the world is so beautiful... So detailed.

Yes, the game has flaws, and I ackowledge them. I still like Morrowind the best, and my fanboy heart aches for what we've lost... But to me, Skyrim is still head-and-shoulders above nearly any other game I could care to mention, just like every TES I've played.
---
I tend to go on.
#100FamdamamdamamPosted 1/12/2013 8:54:38 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Famdamamdamam posted...

Dude Gamebryo is the most ancient tech right now next to Source and the Telltale Tool. A toaster could run this game and still have access to decent mods to make the game more worthy of one's time