i know how bethesda will explain the next elder scrolls game having shouts

#1clarifyerPosted 1/14/2013 12:02:32 AM
so as any person with a sense of the gaming world would tell you, creating a sixth elder scrolls game and removing the ability to learn shouts would be a terribly bad decision by the developers. considering the lore implies that the main character of skyrim is "the last dragonborn" how could they explain the next elder scrolls character also learning shouts.

there are a few ways they could explain it. it is certainly possible for normal mortals to slay an elder scrolls dragon if they worked together thus meaning that many dragons souls would not be getting absorbed by a dragonborn. it could simply mean that a new generation of dragonborns are on the way and the last dragonborn part of the prophecy was simply referring to the last possible reborn dragon soul of that generation.

however its also possible that the greybeards will get more involved in the world and accept those willing to learn the "way of the voice" thus giving us one more faction to join and also making shouts optional and learned thru different means. this could be interesting since guild storylines are lengthy and usually involve some major historical event

or maybe ulfric had a child whom he taught to use the voice and they created a place for dedicated people to learn the power of shouting. this could be an interesting way of creating a guard faction since this type of group would likely be controlled by the authorities and used as a type of security force

random thought i had while finishing off the college of winterhold questline and i wanted to know how other people think they will be put in the next game
---
"Somebody fetch me a nipple"PSN:King_of_Games-SP
SF4 cody, zangief MVC3 Zero(y)Dante(a)Dormammu(a)
#2RebelElite791Posted 1/14/2013 12:05:20 AM
A) No.

B) You have no "experience in the gaming world."

C) Only Nords can learn to Shout without being Dragonborn.

D) It takes years to master a single shout.

E) You are indeed THE. LAST. Dragonborn aren't just created for no reason. You were there specifically to stop Alduin. Next time he comes back around fiending for some dead-god-chunks, he's going to do his business without a Dovahkiin in the way.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3EklundzPosted 1/14/2013 12:08:19 AM
Or they could not include shouts and include some other mysterious power.

Problems solved, same outcome.

However, I like shouts so I would be happy I they did include them.

Best of all would be if they just evolved Skyrim instead, with at least another 5 DLC, one which let you travel to a fully fleshed out province, like the swamp, the isles, the desert or the Orc province.

I would gladly pay 50 for a DLC like that, it's a win win for everybody, larger Skyrim, and more profit.

That would be preferable to a new Elderscrolls to me.
---
Dark Souls ruined gaming
#4RebelElite791Posted 1/14/2013 12:09:47 AM
Vibliribland posted...
Or they could not include shouts and include some other mysterious power.

Problems solved, same outcome.

However, I like shouts so I would be happy I they did include them.

Best of all would be if they just evolved Skyrim instead, with at least another 5 DLC, one which let you travel to a fully fleshed out province, like the swamp, the isles, the desert or the Orc province.

I would gladly pay 50 for a DLC like that, it's a win win for everybody, larger Skyrim, and more profit.

That would be preferable to a new Elderscrolls to me.

You'd take the same game with more area, over a new game with better performance, more npcs on screen, better graphics, better mechanics, better scripts and coding, etc etc? lol.....

Anyways, if it's Hammerfell at all, I'd put my money on shehai.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#5Ubergrim3Posted 1/14/2013 12:11:00 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
A) No.

E) You are indeed THE. LAST. Dragonborn aren't just created for no reason. You were there specifically to stop Alduin. Next time he comes back around fiending for some dead-god-chunks, he's going to do his business without a Dovahkiin in the way.

Is it that only nords can shout without being dragonborn, or that, the greybeards being in Skyrim and deeply rooted in Nordic tradition, only nords HAVE ever learned to shout? Would the greybeards deny a person who wanted to use the thu'um for worship just because they aren't a nord?

And yea, having shouts in the next game would be stupid.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#6RebelElite791Posted 1/14/2013 12:12:28 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
A) No.

Is it that only nords can shout without being dragonborn, or that, the greybeards being in Skyrim and deeply rooted in Nordic tradition, only nords HAVE ever learned to shout? Would the greybeards deny a person who wanted to use the thu'um for worship just because they aren't a nord?

Just Nords. They alone were gifted with the ability by Kyne.
---
#7Ubergrim3Posted 1/14/2013 12:14:02 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
A) No.

Isn't the ebony warrior a redguard though? He can shout.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#8INFRARED PYTHONPosted 1/14/2013 12:16:42 AM
Shouts aren't coming back, period. Go home...
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#9clarifyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:17:20 AM
nice try but i actually do know what im talking about . i probably have more experience than you since ive been studying game design for over a year now. now if you want to add to the discussion than please share with us how you think they would make a loophole in the lore to allow for shouts to be learned in future elder scrolls games. if not than why waste your time typing
---
"Somebody fetch me a nipple"PSN:King_of_Games-SP
SF4 cody, zangief MVC3 Zero(y)Dante(a)Dormammu(a)
#10RebelElite791Posted 1/14/2013 12:17:25 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
A) No.

Isn't the ebony warrior a redguard though? He can shout.

It might be an oversight. Someone on uesp pointed out that they might have just wanted to use the Redguard skill set. Plus, he mentions wanting to go to Sovngarde as far as I'm aware, and is literally the only Nord ever mentioned to Shout (which I didn't know, my highest character is 44, lol).
---