i know how bethesda will explain the next elder scrolls game having shouts

#11RebelElite791Posted 1/13/2013 11:17:57 PM
clarifyer posted...
nice try but i actually do know what im talking about . i probably have more experience than you since ive been studying game design for over a year now. now if you want to add to the discussion than please share with us how you think they would make a loophole in the lore to allow for shouts to be learned in future elder scrolls games. if not than why waste your time typing

I won't, because they wouldn't, for reasons I already stated.

You might know something about game design, but I know far more about this series than you.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#12IamI3rianPosted 1/13/2013 11:20:55 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
shehai.

Point me in the right direction please... = D

Thanks.

RebelElite791 posted...
Just Nords. They alone were gifted with the ability by Kyne.

JUST Nords, or Just Nords so far?

Also, please, since I'm a bit vague... was it Kynareth who taught the Nords or Parthy.

Because (as usual) there is an overwhelming amount of Parthy love, and I've seen some things posted, and I remember the 'beards saying it was 'kyne... and the people who cry about Delphine saying Parthy.....

A little clarity would save me a lot of looking up.

Also, I get the impression you don't like me anymore. Any truth to that?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
"Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy
#13RebelElite791Posted 1/13/2013 11:22:26 PM
IamI3rian posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
shehai.

Point me in the right direction please... = D

Thanks.

RebelElite791 posted...

JUST Nords, or Just Nords so far?

Also, please, since I'm a bit vague... was it Kynareth who taught the Nords or Parthy.

Because (as usual) there is an overwhelming amount of Parthy love, and I've seen some things posted, and I remember the 'beards saying it was 'kyne... and the people who cry about Delphine saying Parthy.....

A little clarity would save me a lot of looking up.

Also, I get the impression you don't like me anymore. Any truth to that?

o.O Not at all^

As the current lore goes, Kyne gave them the ability to use it, Paarthurnax taught them *how* to use it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sword-singer For shehai/possible Hammerfell gimmick.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#14Ubergrim3Posted 1/13/2013 11:24:16 PM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
A) No.

B) You have no "experience in the gaming world."

C) Only Nords can learn to Shout without being Dragonborn.

D) It takes years to master a single shout.

E) You are indeed THE. LAST. Dragonborn aren't just created for no reason. You were there specifically to stop Alduin. Next time he comes back around fiending for some dead-god-chunks, he's going to do his business without a Dovahkiin in the way.

Is it that only nords can shout without being dragonborn, or that, the greybeards being in Skyrim and deeply rooted in Nordic tradition, only nords HAVE ever learned to shout? Would the greybeards deny a person who wanted to use the thu'um for worship just because they aren't a nord?

And yea, having shouts in the next game would be stupid.

Isn't the ebony warrior a redguard though? He can shout.

It might be an oversight. Someone on uesp pointed out that they might have just wanted to use the Redguard skill set. Plus, he mentions wanting to go to Sovngarde as far as I'm aware, and is literally the only Nord ever mentioned to Shout (which I didn't know, my highest character is 44, lol).

Huh... Would have expected the board's unofficial lore master to have a character a decent amount higher than that. >_>

But yea, he does mention sovngarde when he dies, so I guess he'd be a nord in lore if he even actually exists in lore. Still though, his skin is REALLY dark. If he's a nord, he must have one hell of a tanning addiction.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#15IamI3rianPosted 1/13/2013 11:23:23 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
clarifyer posted...
nice try but i actually do know what im talking about . i probably have more experience than you since ive been studying game design for over a year now. now if you want to add to the discussion than please share with us how you think they would make a loophole in the lore to allow for shouts to be learned in future elder scrolls games. if not than why waste your time typing

You might know something about game design, but I know far more about this series than you.

FWIW... Game design is not THIS game's design... though you know that already. MANY MANY things we love about Skyrim are regarded as anathema by 'game design' experts.... including the lack of direction, rules, and limits (through glitching). Still #1 though huh?
---
#16Carruth81Posted 1/13/2013 11:23:31 PM
yeah shouts were the gimmick for this game im sure theyll have something for the next one
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#17Ubergrim3Posted 1/13/2013 11:26:54 PM(edited)
Carruth81 posted...
yeah shouts were the gimmick for this game im sure theyll have something for the next one

Not necessarily, as there were no gimmicks in the games before this. Some might see a lack of a gimmick as a step back, but others might just call it a return to form. But there's no way to tell how they'll do it until they actually release some details about TES VI, which no doubt is still a few years away.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#18RebelElite791Posted 1/13/2013 11:26:27 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...

Huh... Would have expected the board's unofficial lore master to have a character a decent amount higher than that. >_>

But yea, he does mention sovngarde when he dies, so I guess he'd be a nord in lore if he even actually exists in lore. Still though, his skin is REALLY dark. If he's a nord, he must have one hell of a tanning addiction.

Hey now, I defer to Brenz on everything, and Xbox on a lot, lol.

It's mostly just due the limited skills I use, plus I only have about 180 hours on him and have finished literally not a single questline <__<

Maybe he's like the character on Chappelle's show and doesn't realize he's not actually white.
---
#19hufdvhPosted 1/13/2013 11:28:56 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
clarifyer posted...

I'm clearly more knowledgeable about Beth and its inner workings than both of you combined. In fact, I can tell you whether shouts will be in the next game or not. I can also tell you that if they did bring back shouts, they might or might not justify it in a way that might be similar to someone's guess in this topic. I have been studying game design and elder scrolls lore for years. I have more knowledge about this subject than anyone.

Claiming unproven things over the internet is fun.
#20IamI3rianPosted 1/13/2013 11:29:52 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sword-singer For shehai/possible Hammerfell gimmick.

First... that's kind. NOTE: Reb links me to UESP not Imperial Library because he knows I hate the format, and it's the same (in this particular case) information.

Second: OK... so Paarthy is now an irrelevant genocidal maniac. = D

Got it.

Seriously though, is it a Nord thing, a Skyrim "Landmass" thing, or a Nords IN Skyrim thing...

Because this is one of those things that the lore is very fuzzy about. Especially since, for at least a while, DragBorns were Imperials... and I know it's not the same, but it was the same with Tiber, and I know about the bloodlines... but still...

Martin could, or could not have absorbed a dragon soul, and stole it's knowlege?

Either way. Thanks. Too much reading not enough time, and I learned today that I'm only a half reasonable stand in for a lore master, even when I know what I'm saying is right.

= (
---