Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#101RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 3:07:02 PM
TurboReaper posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Literally asked a f***ing question and you call it dick waving.

And you say you don't go into every topic trying to start fights.

I don't. I am accusing you of dick waving however.

Seriously, the whole post reeks of "Hey. What don't you like about the lore? I'll talk to you about it. Maybe you'll like it after I explain it to you. Seriously, no one knows more than me. So ask away about anything you don't like so I can explain it to you, because if you don't like something, I'm certain it's because you don't understand it!"

You kind of sound like you're begging people to allow you to posit information.

Yesterday people were crying about Rebel not being a nice, helpful guy.

Today I see people crying about him trying to be a nice, helpful guy.

I don't understand you people.

Trolls gon troll.

And ask away Necro.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#102LithiumLegendPosted 1/15/2013 3:14:15 PM
Ahem!

*in a movie narrator's voice*

Previously on gamefaqs.

RebelElite791 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Schesparn posted...
Torlovsk posted...
Ehhhh.....In general, I suppose. There are many parts of it I enjoy immensely, but more than a few aspects I dislike a great deal.

This for me too. There are just certain aspects I don't like.

Elaborate!

I'm genuinely curious. A lot of times when I see people say this it's because they don't understand the concepts (such as people who "hate" CHIM because they think it's a 4th wall thing and don't understand it's relevance to the lore).

Rebel gonna wave that **** around.

I like a lot about the Lore. But some aspects about it are stupid as hell to me.Like pretty much any gameplay related lore where it hangs on being ambiguous so that whatever stupid choice you make up eventually isn't valid because they either don't know what happened, or in some capacity they all happened simultaneously to make sure no one is "wrong."

Of course I'm coming from a Fallout perspective, where they'll often outright tell you the canon results.

Literally asked a f***ing question and you call it dick waving.

And you say you don't go into every topic trying to start fights.

Stay tuned for the epic conclusion! Get it now only on Paaayy-per-view!
---
No one speaks and no one tries and no one flies around the sun.
#103Nathypants(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 3:15:14 PM
Yes, hello.

Hi everyone.

What's up?
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#104Necro_Fear89Posted 1/15/2013 3:17:17 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
What the hell is going on in this topic? I was actually gonna ask some questions I had about the lore and stuff but I see someone's fighting Rebel yet again. Must be tough being popular Reb <_<

If only I could be so grossly incandescent...

Ask away. I'll have your answer straight away. I'm home all day :p

Lazy butt.

Umm...let's see...

Well in Morrowind, you could fight Amalexia(sp?) And Vivec right? Well obviously they didn't really get killed by the Nerevarine in the lore did they? So what ultimately happened to them? I played Dragonborn and one of the priests in the temple in Solstheim mentions how the past Tribunal was false, and how Vivec and the rest had deceived the people. So ultimately, since Azura I'm sure knew why allow it to happen in the first place?

Also,

Was the Nerevarine really the true Nerevar? Or was it just a random individual deceived by Azura to do her bidding to destroy the heart of Lorkhan and Dagoth Ur? And was Dagoth Ur truly evil to begin with? It seemed to me he got majorly screwed.

Either Reb or Scotch could answer, hope they're not noob questions haha.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#105RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 3:20:35 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Lazy butt.

Umm...let's see...

Well in Morrowind, you could fight Amalexia(sp?) And Vivec right? Well obviously they didn't really get killed by the Nerevarine in the lore did they? So what ultimately happened to them? I played Dragonborn and one of the priests in the temple in Solstheim mentions how the past Tribunal was false, and how Vivec and the rest had deceived the people. So ultimately, since Azura I'm sure knew why allow it to happen in the first place?

Also,

Was the Nerevarine really the true Nerevar? Or was it just a random individual deceived by Azura to do her bidding to destroy the heart of Lorkhan and Dagoth Ur? And was Dagoth Ur truly evil to begin with? It seemed to me he got majorly screwed.

Almalexia is canonically dead, as it was part of the expansion.

Vivec is still kicking around somewhere or another. Faced with the imminent loss of his divinity, he was finally able to achieve CHIM, and is alive up to at least the 5th Era according to Michael Kirkbride.

It's a "theory" that Azura just deceived you, but as far as canon goes, the Nerevarine is in fact truly Nerevar incarnate or someone who mantled him (since it's stated at one point that "you aren't the Nerevarine yet, but you might be someday", paraphrasing).

You can debate evil as always, I'm sure. Regardless of the end goal, and his mental state, I don't think anyone would disagree that his methods were decidedly evil.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#106LithiumLegendPosted 1/15/2013 3:21:08 PM
Nathypants posted...
Yes, hello.

Hi everyone.

What's up?

Ah nothin'. Just ah... ya know. Watchin' a flame war. Well... more like a... a.. ya know. Mild argument argument between to people who absorb themselves into these topics and take the written word cereally.. I mean seriously. Cereal. Does anybody want some Honey Oats? They taste like crap but they're good for you.
---
#107LithiumLegendPosted 1/15/2013 3:23:08 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Lazy butt.

Umm...let's see...

Also,

Vivec is still kicking around somewhere or another. Faced with the imminent loss of his divinity, he was finally able to achieve CHIM, and is alive up to at least the 5th Era according to Michael Kirkbride.

It's a "theory" that Azura just deceived you, but as far as canon goes, the Nerevarine is in fact truly Nerevar incarnate or someone who mantled him (since it's stated at one point that "you aren't the Nerevarine yet, but you might be someday", paraphrasing).

You can debate evil as always, I'm sure. Regardless of the end goal, and his mental state, I don't think anyone would disagree that his methods were decidedly evil.

How is an official Bethesda expansion not canon? You no maka sense.
---
#108The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 3:27:00 PM(edited)
Oh tribunal lore.

I'm a Vivec whore, not to sure about almexia so ill defer to rebel on that.

Vivec just kind of disappeared, he is rumored to have by kidnapped by the daedra, but considering he litey skull f***** azure I doubt that, chances are he's off being Vivec in some remote corner of the world

Though iirc almexia went crazy and killed with a sil.. And I think it's canon that almexia died in tribunal, whether by our hand or not.

Otherwise the three where made "saints" to ease the transition by the temple.

As for your Second question. It's open to interpretation. Some people believe he was the nerevar incarnate, and that's how he fulfilled the prophecy. Others believe he mantled nerevar BY fulfilling the prophecy.

Personally i believe since only he nerevar could wear the sun and moon ring... That he is the nerevar incarnate, or at least a fully mantled nerevar.

I am unable to cite sources as typing on my phone currently, but rebels probably already beat me to that anyway.
---
To be announced
#109RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 3:24:14 PM
LithiumLegend posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Lazy butt.

Umm...let's see...

Also,

How is an official Bethesda expansion not canon? You no maka sense.

"Almalexia is canonically dead, as it was part of the expansion."

I dont even all of my what now
---
#110Joe_CobbsPosted 1/15/2013 3:25:17 PM
LithiumLegend posted...
Nathypants posted...
Yes, hello.

Hi everyone.

What's up?

Ah nothin'. Just ah... ya know. Watchin' a flame war. Well... more like a... a.. ya know. Mild argument argument between to people who absorb themselves into these topics and take the written word cereally.. I mean seriously. Cereal. Does anybody want some Honey Oats? They taste like crap but they're good for you.

Honey Bunches of Oats are Gods gift to man. Accept no substitutes.