Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#111RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 3:26:40 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
LithiumLegend posted...
Nathypants posted...
Yes, hello.

Hi everyone.

What's up?

Ah nothin'. Just ah... ya know. Watchin' a flame war. Well... more like a... a.. ya know. Mild argument argument between to people who absorb themselves into these topics and take the written word cereally.. I mean seriously. Cereal. Does anybody want some Honey Oats? They taste like crap but they're good for you.

Honey Bunches of Oats are Gods gift to man. Accept no substitutes.

Indeed. God tier cereal.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#112Necro_Fear89Posted 1/15/2013 3:28:24 PM
And what exactly is CHIM?

Is it kinda like the Elder Scrolls version of Nirvana from Buddhism?
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#113SchesparnPosted 1/15/2013 3:29:31 PM
Ah, heck. I had a question, but even as I was typing it it sounded stupid to me, so I can only imagine how idiotic it would have come across to other people. -_-;
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#114LithiumLegendPosted 1/15/2013 3:29:34 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
LithiumLegend posted...
Nathypants posted...
Yes, hello.

Hi everyone.

What's up?

Ah nothin'. Just ah... ya know. Watchin' a flame war. Well... more like a... a.. ya know. Mild argument argument between to people who absorb themselves into these topics and take the written word cereally.. I mean seriously. Cereal. Does anybody want some Honey Oats? They taste like crap but they're good for you.

Honey Bunches of Oats are Gods gift to man. Accept no substitutes.

At first I read "accept no subtitles". I was like "wat-da-faq?"
---
No one speaks and no one tries and no one flies around the sun.
#115RampagingwalrusPosted 1/15/2013 3:30:04 PM
I dislike the lore... having Daedric Princes that have boobs just makes me feel all squiggly inside, and leads me to question my sexuality.
Anything that makes me leave the house and go trawling for transvestite hookers is bad in my book.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#116Necro_Fear89Posted 1/15/2013 3:31:05 PM
Schesparn posted...
Ah, heck. I had a question, but even as I was typing it it sounded stupid to me, so I can only imagine how idiotic it would have come across to other people. -_-;

There's nothing stupid about asking questions, what's stupid is not asking anything and staying ignorant.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#117WayavasPosted 1/15/2013 3:31:41 PM
I usually spend a long time reading books sometimes when I get bored of decapitating dragons and drinking skooma.
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#118LithiumLegendPosted 1/15/2013 3:31:55 PM
Schesparn posted...

I'll give you the confidence to ask

In Skyrim, why is the sky?

Cant be stupider than that.... on second thought can anyone answer that for me?
---
No one speaks and no one tries and no one flies around the sun.
#119aDominationPosted 1/15/2013 3:32:47 PM
Yes I enjoy it, But the problem with video game lore is the developer can change it anytime they want.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#120RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 3:34:58 PM(edited)
Necro_Fear89 posted...
And what exactly is CHIM?

Is it kinda like the Elder Scrolls version of Nirvana from Buddhism?

Everything in the Aurbis (universe-ish), all of existence is the dream of an insane, sleeping Godhead.

CHIM is realizing that you are a part of everything, and have no individual identity, and thus insignificant, yet possessing such a sense of self-love that you retain the ability to say "I am" in the face of all logic to the contrary, and realizing that because you are a part of everything, everything is also a part of you.

Failing to achieve that act of doublethink would result in zero-summing, being removed from existence.

In a very simple way, CHIM is love, for everything, because you love yourself and everything is you. "I am all are we."

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.