Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#121RampagingwalrusPosted 1/15/2013 4:33:15 PM
LithiumLegend posted...
In Skyrim, why is the sky?

Why is the sky.... what?
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#122RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 4:33:45 PM
LithiumLegend posted...
Schesparn posted...
Ah, heck. I had a question, but even as I was typing it it sounded stupid to me, so I can only imagine how idiotic it would have come across to other people. -_-;

I'll give you the confidence to ask

In Skyrim, why is the sky?

Cant be stupider than that.... on second thought can anyone answer that for me?

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/cosmology

The sky is another visual phenomenon caused by mortal mental stress, the night sky in particular. The sky is as impossible as planets; in essence, when you look into the sky, 'you look outside the material plane'. At night, Nirn is surrounded by Oblivion. The day sky is the multicolored elemental cloak of Magnus the sun. It changes colors as elemental influences rise and fall. Thus, when one looks at the day sky, they see into the raiments of Aetherius, and stare at magic.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#123SchesparnPosted 1/15/2013 4:36:11 PM
I warned you. >_>;

Is there any chance that the sinking of Yokuda and the collapse of Winterhold were caused by the same thing?
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#124CressetPosted 1/15/2013 4:36:29 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Yes. And it puzzles me to no end when people don't/whine about the lore that actually makes it a unique series/want it to be another cookie cutter fantasy series instead of what it is.

I dunno...the lore itself is interesting, but it is never put to good use in the games themselves. Mehrunes Dagon, for example, was turned into Satan in Oblivion, even though he's supposed to be more complex than that.
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#125Necro_Fear89Posted 1/15/2013 4:37:13 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
And what exactly is CHIM?

Is it kinda like the Elder Scrolls version of Nirvana from Buddhism?

Everything in the Aurbis (universe-ish), all of existence is the dream of an insane, sleeping Godhead.

CHIM is realizing that you are a part of everything, and have no individual identity, and thus insignificant, yet possessing such a sense of self-love that you retain the ability to say "I am" in the face of all logic to the contrary, and realizing that because you are a part of everything, everything is also a part of you.

Failing to achieve that act of doublethink would result in zero-summing, being removed from existence.

In a very simple way, CHIM is love, for everything, because you love yourself and everything is you. "I am all are we."

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor

CHIM sounds pretty awesome, thanks a lot dude you're always helpful. This stuff is sort of poetic in a sense, its pretty sweet stuff haha.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#126RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 4:38:31 PM
Schesparn posted...
I warned you. >_>;

Is there any chance that the sinking of Yokuda and the collapse of Winterhold were caused by the same thing?

Yokuda was sunk by Redguards using Pankratosword, a form of Shehai (sword-singing) practiced by the Ansei at one point. It essentially amounts to an atom bomb blowing s*** up. It's since been largely forgotten (sword singing as well).

Winterhold was most likely just magical meddling.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#127RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 4:39:00 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Everything in the Aurbis (universe-ish), all of existence is the dream of an insane, sleeping Godhead.

CHIM is realizing that you are a part of everything, and have no individual identity, and thus insignificant, yet possessing such a sense of self-love that you retain the ability to say "I am" in the face of all logic to the contrary, and realizing that because you are a part of everything, everything is also a part of you.

Failing to achieve that act of doublethink would result in zero-summing, being removed from existence.

In a very simple way, CHIM is love, for everything, because you love yourself and everything is you. "I am all are we."

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor

CHIM sounds pretty awesome, thanks a lot dude you're always helpful. This stuff is sort of poetic in a sense, its pretty sweet stuff haha.

It really is quite poetic. Gotta love it.
---
#128SchesparnPosted 1/15/2013 4:40:32 PM
Can you explain sword-singing to me? I've heard people (you among them) mention it as a possible "gimmick" for the hypothetical TES6, like Shouts in Skyrim.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#129The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 4:41:04 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...

To simplify it...

The elder scrolls world is all just the dream of a "godhead".

The godhead dreams, and things happen.

Achieving CHIM is to realise this, and accept this.

If you realise it, you logically deduce that you do not exist, this causes you to "zero-sum", which is basically to pop out of existence.

To achieve CHIM, you need to have such belief in yourself, that you go "I know I don't exist, but I do exist", and to keep those two contradictions in balance. This allows the person the power to change anything within the dream.

However it also affords the person the knowledge that everything is an extension of themselves, causing a great deal of apathy.

That's a horribly simplified explanation, and there's a lot more to it, but I've purposely made it simple, CHIM is one of those head**** things that requires a fair bit of reading to truly understand :p
---
To be announced
#130BardockpwnsjooPosted 1/15/2013 4:41:04 PM
My Grand Slam was supposed to be with sausage....
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?