Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#141CyhortI82Posted 1/15/2013 6:31:44 PM
rodman870 posted...
I was gonna vote until I read the post.. so.. yea (leaves thread)

---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#142pauljc1Posted 1/15/2013 6:44:53 PM
The in-game stuff (especially the history) is really interesting.

When we start drifting into the ramblings of Michael Kirkbride (Talos mantled Lorkhan and sits at the center of the Wheel holding together the kalpa on the back of the giant turtle. Also, towers, or something) I start to zone out.

I guess my big problem with Kirkbride is how he turns the Thalmor from interesting antagonists (medieval fascists on an inquisition, what would Tamriel look like ruled by them?) into cartoon villains ("We want to genocide humans and Destroy the World(tm)! Muahahahaha!").
#143The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 6:54:45 PM
pauljc1 posted...

When we start drifting into the ramblings of Michael Kirkbride (Talos mantled Lorkhan and sits at the center of the Wheel holding together the kalpa on the back of the giant turtle. Also, towers, or something) I start to zone out.

I guess my big problem with Kirkbride is how he turns the Thalmor from interesting antagonists (medieval fascists on an inquisition, what would Tamriel look like ruled by them?) into cartoon villains ("We want to genocide humans and Destroy the World(tm)! Muahahahaha!").

Highly untrue, think of the thalmor as elves from middle earth.

They just want to return home, except returning home in this world DOES mean destroying the world
---
To be announced
#144The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 6:56:46 PM
Schesparn posted...
Wait, hang on, this article implies the singers left Yokuda after the battle at Hattu Mountain. So who was left behind to sink the continent?

Or did they just do too much structural damage all along, and the sinking was inevitable after a certain point?

There where also renegade bands of sword singers who likely hung around.

Also Yokuda wasn't fully destroyed, at least not as of Cyrus the red guards time.
---
To be announced
#145SpiritofpowerPosted 1/15/2013 7:14:28 PM
For the most part I enjoy the lore, but a couple bits just grate. For example, the fate of the Dwemer. I honestly preferred it when it wasn't known what happened, because I liked the sense of mystery it gave them. And then I learn that we do know what happened, and it turns out someone was watching way too much Neon Genesis Evangelion >_>
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
#146RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 7:19:10 PM(edited)
pauljc1 posted...

See, this is just an example of someone not understanding the lore.

I think "wanting to undo Creation and return to their divine status before the flawed mortal experiment" is far more interesting than "Let's just kill and enslave mankind for the lulz."

But that's just me.

Also that's not just MK. That's what they want. The Thalmor wouldn't even exist without him, as he gave Kurt the idea for the renewed Dominion and the WGC.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#147MaxStar360Posted 1/15/2013 7:44:08 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Literally asked a f***ing question and you call it dick waving.

And you say you don't go into every topic trying to start fights.

I don't. I am accusing you of dick waving however.

Seriously, the whole post reeks of "Hey. What don't you like about the lore? I'll talk to you about it. Maybe you'll like it after I explain it to you. Seriously, no one knows more than me. So ask away about anything you don't like so I can explain it to you, because if you don't like something, I'm certain it's because you don't understand it!"

You kind of sound like you're begging people to allow you to posit information.

So? I would honestly love it if Rebel had the time to explain ALL of the lore to me in great detail. I would lap it up, so to speak. Why? Because he is *willing* to help people enjoy one of the best RPG series of all time even more! What do you do to help people like that? Are you going around sharing your knowledge as all wise people should?

Chin up Rebel. Kudos to you, my good man! :)
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#148Nathypants(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:48:15 PM
Rebel is delicious.

But so are a lot of people here.

I picture us all as a big family, that goes on picnics sometimes.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#149RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 7:48:42 PM
MaxStar360 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Literally asked a f***ing question and you call it dick waving.

And you say you don't go into every topic trying to start fights.

I don't. I am accusing you of dick waving however.

Seriously, the whole post reeks of "Hey. What don't you like about the lore? I'll talk to you about it. Maybe you'll like it after I explain it to you. Seriously, no one knows more than me. So ask away about anything you don't like so I can explain it to you, because if you don't like something, I'm certain it's because you don't understand it!"

You kind of sound like you're begging people to allow you to posit information.

So? I would honestly love it if Rebel had the time to explain ALL of the lore to me in great detail. I would lap it up, so to speak. Why? Because he is *willing* to help people enjoy one of the best RPG series of all time even more! What do you do to help people like that? Are you going around sharing your knowledge as all wise people should?

Chin up Rebel. Kudos to you, my good man! :)

<3
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#150RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 7:48:52 PM
Nathypants posted...
Rebel is delicious.

But so are a lot of people here.

I picture us all as a big family, that goes on picnics sometimes.

One big, incestuous family.
---