---
To be announced
#162darkportal785Posted 1/15/2013 8:45:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9YSKDJJp0
---
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#163RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 8:57:58 PM
Ubergrim3 posted...
I probably like it less now that I know more of it. It's not bad, but there's a lot of concepts involved that I find stupid, either a) because they have absolutely no relevance to the games themselves, or b) because they are just a stupid idea. Also, the lore seems to be lacking in likable characters. I can't bring myself to care much for a universe where literally everyone that matters is a huge ass-hat.

But it has it's upsides too. It may not be my favorite fictional universe, but I still find it interesting.

Not a Song of Ice and Fire fan I'm guessing? Lol.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#164nugmanagogoPosted 1/15/2013 9:23:07 PM
Good to see this back on track.

I like the idea of the flawed character, be it pro/an-tagonist. It makes the character appear human. Or Mer, as the case dictates.
It's appeals to my baser instincts.

And I would actually eat at Hooter's once, to see that.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64824648
Inanity at it's best.
#165Nathypants(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:24:36 PM
nugmanagogo posted...

I like the idea of the flawed character, be it pro/an-tagonist. It makes the character appear human. Or Mer, as the case dictates.

It's probably because all the silly little children who dislike Reb have bedtimes.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#166RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 9:26:20 PM
nugmanagogo posted...

Somehow I read that as "eat out hooters" or something, and that sentence suddenly seemed very different.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#167SpiritofpowerPosted 1/15/2013 9:38:09 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

Oh, ASoIaF, how I hate thee. Try massive overdose on Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy. After the last one I read (fairly sure it's the latest, think it was Feast for Crows), I had an Eight Deadly Words moment and decided "Screw this" after the author killed off Jon Snow, the only character I even liked anymore, and asked myself; "Why am I still reading this?" And then I realized:

I don't care what happens to these people.

And then I decided not to read that stuff anymore, and subsequently read several much better works, which have an actual plot instead of "These people exist, and their lives steadily get worse until they die, unless they're an amoral a-hole, and even then."

...*sigh* Sorry about that little rant. Suffice to say, works in which angst and everything being terrible (without either of those problems being resolved at some point) are the main attractions are not ones I like. I can see that ASoIaF is an excellent work, seeing as it manages to effectively juggle stupid amounts of protagonists to present a living, changing picture of the world as a whole, astonishingly without neglecting any of them, but that doesn't make me hate it any less.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
#168nugmanagogoPosted 1/15/2013 9:41:10 PM
Spiritofpower posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Oh, ASoIaF, how I hate thee. Try massive overdose on Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy. After the last one I read (fairly sure it's the latest, think it was Feast for Crows), I had an Eight Deadly Words moment and decided "Screw this" after the author killed off Jon Snow, the only character I even liked anymore, and asked myself; "Why am I still reading this?" And then I realized:

I don't care what happens to these people.

And then I decided not to read that stuff anymore, and subsequently read several much better works, which have an actual plot instead of "These people exist, and their lives steadily get worse until they die, unless they're an amoral a-hole, and even then."

...*sigh* Sorry about that little rant. Suffice to say, works in which angst and everything being terrible (without either of those problems being resolved at some point) are the main attractions are not ones I like. I can see that ASoIaF is an excellent work, seeing as it manages to effectively juggle stupid amounts of protagonists to present a living, changing picture of the world as a whole, astonishingly without neglecting any of them, but that doesn't make me hate it any less.

I completely respect that. Well put. I don't agree, but who cares nice read.
---
Yo, seriously, the spice must flow.
#169RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 10:06:08 PM
Welp, that's fun. I was randomly highlighting things while I read and just got that spoiled for me. Happy happy joy joy.

God I need to stop doing that...

Dance spoilers Though, it's not clear that he's actually dead apparently so I guess I'm not totally screwed =/
---
#170nugmanagogoPosted 1/15/2013 10:07:59 PM
That sucks. I was impressed he spoilered it honestly.
---
Yo, seriously, the spice must flow.