Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#171RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 10:10:23 PM
nugmanagogo posted...
That sucks. I was impressed he spoilered it honestly.

Yeah, just bad luck/stupid habit on my part -__-
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#172chicken8orPosted 1/16/2013 8:26:00 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
nugmanagogo posted...
That sucks. I was impressed he spoilered it honestly.

Yeah, just bad luck/stupid habit on my part -__-

I did the exact same thing. Oops.

I like the books, but there is something about them that makes me quit reading about half way through. I don't think I'm getting bored with the stories...I don't know what it is. The writing is decent, the story is pretty good, and the characters are likeable (I love Brand). I don't know what it is about the books, but they take me forever to read.

I read through the Belgariad series extremely quickly and loved every minute of it, but those books are just missing something, but I can't figure it out.

ON TOPIC:

I have been debating the whole Nerevarine being an actual Nerevarine, just mantling Nerevar, or just fulfilling a prophecy and therefore being, by definition, the Nerevarine (sort of mantling).

What are your thoughts on this? I can't decide whether Azura actually chose you as the Nerevarine or if you just happened to fulfill the prophecy after fitting some background that Azura found acceptable.

I believe there were some before you that attempted the prophecy, but failed. Did Azura push them to attempt the prophecy? Or were they just seeking adventure and fame through fulfilling a well documented prophecy?
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#173Ajd_KingPosted 1/16/2013 8:29:41 AM
Jon's as dead as Dany is intelligent.

Anyway, I do like the lore, but my biggest gripe is that much of the cool stuff isn't included in game. Probably doesn't help that I'm an Argonian fan and the only place you could do them justice is Black Marsh or southern Cyrodiil (which they could've done, but eh).
---
At least I'll die holding a lovely arse.
- Vernon Roche, Temerian Superhero.
#174chicken8orPosted 1/16/2013 8:39:00 AM
Ajd_King posted...
Jon's as dead as Dany is intelligent.

Anyway, I do like the lore, but my biggest gripe is that much of the cool stuff isn't included in game. Probably doesn't help that I'm an Argonian fan and the only place you could do them justice is Black Marsh or southern Cyrodiil (which they could've done, but eh).

I love the Argonian lore, but I do not see Bethesda doing any justice to Black Marsh (if they ever even attempt it). There would just be too many factors at play and, as many have said on this board before, you would almost have to play as an Argonian to truly accomplish anything within Black Marsh.

I love the flesh-flies, but only Argonians are able to resist them thanks to their scales (may be wrong). Black Marsh is full of behemoth and grotesque monsters, but it's the little things that really worry the inhabitants. I believe the land would be hard to do, justly.

One thing Black Marsh has going for it are the worms that travel along the roots of the Hist trees. That would make an interesting fast-travel option.

One thing that Black Marsh really has going against it are the winged predators (names are escaping me). They will attack and retreat and allow you to bleed out before they devour you. I just see this as a return of the dreaded Cliff Racers. Unless Jiub can come back and take them out also.
---
#175Ajd_KingPosted 1/16/2013 8:41:22 AM
chicken8or posted...
I love the Argonian lore, but I do not see Bethesda doing any justice to Black Marsh (if they ever even attempt it). There would just be too many factors at play and, as many have said on this board before, you would almost have to play as an Argonian to truly accomplish anything within Black Marsh.

I love the flesh-flies, but only Argonians are able to resist them thanks to their scales (may be wrong). Black Marsh is full of behemoth and grotesque monsters, but it's the little things that really worry the inhabitants. I believe the land would be hard to do, justly.

One thing Black Marsh has going for it are the worms that travel along the roots of the Hist trees. That would make an interesting fast-travel option.

One thing that Black Marsh really has going against it are the winged predators (names are escaping me). They will attack and retreat and allow you to bleed out before they devour you. I just see this as a return of the dreaded Cliff Racers. Unless Jiub can come back and take them out also.

Yeah that's true, I suppose they've kind of written themselves into a corner with Black Marsh.

And I suppose it equally doesn't help that the government is probably just as or more oppressive than the Thalmor, so a big time jump would be required to give the other races a presense.
---
At least I'll die holding a lovely arse.
- Vernon Roche, Temerian Superhero.
#176chicken8orPosted 1/16/2013 9:27:08 AM
^ Very true. I think they did write themselves into a corner when it comes to Black Marsh. I think they did the same thing with Valenwood and the giant, mobile forests. I don't see them accomplishing this in-game and think that both provinces will get the Cyrodiil finish where they change the landscape to match what they can accomplish.

They did have a very "alien" world in Morrowind, but that was just textures and architecture. I don't know if they can accomplish what they wrote in as lore. I just don't see it...
---