Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#21kylekillgannonPosted 1/15/2013 1:47:22 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Your first comment was unnecessarily hostile.

It wasn't even inherently hostile. Surely out of derision, but I'm not picking fights, merely telling him he's coming on strong.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#22SchesparnPosted 1/15/2013 1:48:20 PM
What springs to mind is HoonDing, actually. It's basically built to be a deus ex machina and literally nothing else. I don't like it.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#23RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 1:48:24 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Literally asked a f***ing question and you call it dick waving.

And you say you don't go into every topic trying to start fights.

I don't. I am accusing you of dick waving however.

Seriously, the whole post reeks of "Hey. What don't you like about the lore? I'll talk to you about it. Maybe you'll like it after I explain it to you. Seriously, no one knows more than me. So ask away about anything you don't like so I can explain it to you, because if you don't like something, I'm certain it's because you don't understand it!"

You kind of sound like you're begging people to allow you to posit information.

I asked him because I like him as a user and, as such, was genuinely curious and interested in having a nice conversation about a subject I enjoy.

Seriously, grow the f*** up.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#24kylekillgannonPosted 1/15/2013 1:51:49 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
I asked him because I like him as a user and, as such, was genuinely curious and interested in having a nice conversation about a subject I enjoy.

Why are you being so childishly defensive? You sound like I was trying to invalidate your entire reason to exist or something. I was only telling you you sound a little too eager to tell people what you know.

In fact, since it's on the subject why don't you contribute to the conversation now and explain what you don't like about the lore if you're so interested in speaking about it to others?
---
#25The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 1:56:27 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Why are you being so childishly defensive? You sound like I was trying to invalidate your entire reason to exist or something. I was only telling you you sound a little too eager to tell people what you know.

In fact, since it's on the subject why don't you contribute to the conversation now and explain what you don't like about the lore if you're so interested in speaking about it to others?

The topic is also about enjoying the lore, and finding out why some people don't.

So attacking him for being too eager to be on topic... If not just a bored (successfull) attempt a picking a fight... Is rather... Strange.
---
To be announced
#26Nathypants(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:57:22 PM
Oh my lord.

This is silly. Ya'll are being stupid poop nuggets. Stop the hate, yo. Surely you don't go picking fights with everyone else in real life?
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#27IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 1:57:26 PM
Schesparn posted...
What springs to mind is HoonDing, actually. It's basically built to be a deus ex machina and literally nothing else. I don't like it.

There's one of those awful names I mentioned. HoonDings were discontinued anyway. Hostess is gone. = )
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
"Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy
#28thermopylaePosted 1/15/2013 1:58:58 PM
i enjoy the lore it makes it more fun if i refresh my lore when i start a quest such as the wolf queen.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#29kylekillgannonPosted 1/15/2013 1:59:34 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
The topic is also about enjoying the lore, and finding out why some people don't.

So attacking him for being too eager to be on topic... If not just a bored (successfull) attempt a picking a fight... Is rather... Strange.

I wasn't attacking him, boyo. I was just telling him he sounds like he's coming on too strong. Like Jehovah's Witness strong.
---
#30The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 2:00:00 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Schesparn posted...

There's one of those awful names I mentioned. HoonDings were discontinued anyway. Hostess is gone. = )

Silly name aside, the hoon ding is actually a pretty fun and mostly well used concept.

Of course most of that comes from the slightly unofficial lore posts about Cyrus done by mk, but Like Cyrus V Vivec...
---
To be announced