Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#31Joe_CobbsPosted 1/15/2013 2:01:49 PM
I don't like it because I could never keep up with what it all meant. Everytime a lore topic comes up I see a ton of names I've heard before but I am clueless about what they actually mean.

Like Shezzarine, HoonDing, kalpa, mantle, and what not.
#32IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 2:01:54 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
The topic is also about enjoying the lore, and finding out why some people don't.

So attacking him for being too eager to be on topic... If not just a bored (successfull) attempt a picking a fight... Is rather... Strange.

I wasn't attacking him, boyo. I was just telling him he sounds like he's coming on too strong. Like Jehovah's Witness strong.

In this topic, mano, or all the others too? Since this is your thing and all, I was just curious if you meant here, or EVERY TIME you do this.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
"Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy
#33The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 2:02:18 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
The topic is also about enjoying the lore, and finding out why some people don't.

So attacking him for being too eager to be on topic... If not just a bored (successfull) attempt a picking a fight... Is rather... Strange.

I wasn't attacking him, boyo. I was just telling him he sounds like he's coming on too strong. Like Jehovah's Witness strong.

Then saying that would be sufficient, but the way you portrayed it, there's a few people who got he impression your just attacking him again.

Sometimes rebel digs his own hole and deserves the comments he gets.

This is not really one of them :/
---
To be announced
#34Carruth81Posted 1/15/2013 2:02:37 PM
Actually it sounded like he was going out of his way to make sure you knew he wasn't coming off as the hostile know-it-all he always gets accused of being. Seriously you're reading more into it then probably necessary.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#35RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 2:02:37 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
I asked him because I like him as a user and, as such, was genuinely curious and interested in having a nice conversation about a subject I enjoy.

Seriously, grow the f*** up.

Why are you being so childishly defensive? You sound like I was trying to invalidate your entire reason to exist or something. I was only telling you you sound a little too eager to tell people what you know.

In fact, since it's on the subject why don't you contribute to the conversation now and explain what you don't like about the lore if you're so interested in speaking about it to others?

Because I asked another poster a question (nicely, and I respect his opinion, so no I'm not "coming on strong"), and you decided to make a problem out of it, like you do EVERY time you post.

And, nothing, other than the fact that there isn't enough of it presented in the games as much as I'd like it to be.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#36kylekillgannonPosted 1/15/2013 2:02:44 PM
Silly name aside, the hoon ding is actually a pretty fun and mostly well used concept.

I agree. I love Redguard lore, and subsequently the HoonDing. Even if it can broach on the Deus Ex "I Win" Button on paper.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#37RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 2:03:18 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Actually it sounded like he was going out of his way to make sure you knew he wasn't coming off as the hostile know-it-all he always gets accused of being. Seriously you're reading more into it then probably necessary.

Also that. I made sure to write it that way so people wouldn't get the wrong idea like they sometimes do.

Guess that was futile.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#38IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 2:03:37 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Schesparn posted...
What springs to mind is HoonDing, actually. It's basically built to be a deus ex machina and literally nothing else. I don't like it.

There's one of those awful names I mentioned. HoonDings were discontinued anyway. Hostess is gone. = )

Silly name aside, the hoon ding is actually a pretty fun and mostly well used concept.

Of course most of that comes from the slightly unofficial lore posts about Cyrus done by mk, but Like Cyrus V Vivec...

No doubt.

Many of the worst names ARE the cooler parts of the lore (except Chu'bacca... that's just...)
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
"Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy
#39The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 2:04:29 PM
kylekillgannon posted...

And really, by that logic, everyone should just vote and not comment, as you are taking issue with elaboration... that's a bit pointless, don't you think?
---
To be announced
#40kylekillgannonPosted 1/15/2013 2:05:35 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Because I asked another poster a question (nicely, and I respect his opinion, so no I'm not "coming on strong"), and you decided to make a problem out of it, like you do EVERY time you post.

And, nothing, other than the fact that there isn't enough of it presented in the games as much as I'd like it to be.

I don't every time I post Usually I'm talking about having sex with Dunmer or about the fact that Khajit are the scourge of Nirn. But then again, the world revolves around you still, doesn't it?

But you don't dislike anything? Not even the massive plot vortexes that occurred in the second era?
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.