Do you actually enjoy the lore?

#71IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 2:47:30 PM
Not to mention, in all three games, most of the lore is hidden inside books (literally), which doesn't do any favors for VIDEO GAME.

Sure it does. It's there for people who want it, not there for people who don't.

Could use MORE implementation in game sure, but too much would be overkill.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
"Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy
#72RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 2:48:05 PM
chicken8or posted...
I read these boards on almost a daily basis and the quality of the topics has gone down so fast lately. When are the keyboard warriors going to lay aside their differences and actually get back to the topics being proposed?

Rebel, 13rian, Scotch, and Dark need to stop feeding into these people. I come on here to read what you all have to say about the lore and mechanics. I don't even play Skyrim right now and I still come on here because I want to learn from you guys. Don't let every single topic degrade into a total mess.

I have played through Morrowind A LOT of times, Oblivion at least 3 or 4 times and Skyrim twice. I have also completed all of the expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm still working up the initiative to beat DG and DB in Skyrim. I still have a seeming infinite amount of questions regarding the world and the lore, but I can't get any more information.

This topic could have been enlightening and informational, but you all let it spiral out of control...again.

We let it? I literally asked a genuine question and got attacked for it.

Victim shaming is bad sir.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#73Mick65Posted 1/15/2013 2:48:49 PM
I like the fact that the lore is there, I feel it adds 'weight' to things. By no means do I study it but I will refer to it if I come across something that piques my interest.
---
Casually Hardcore
#74IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 2:49:19 PM
This topic could have been enlightening and informational, but you all let it spiral out of control...again.

So, WE'RE to blame, not them?
---
#75darkportal785Posted 1/15/2013 2:52:34 PM
IamI3rian posted...

So, WE'RE to blame, not them?

Yep. We're the board vets. Apparently people care about what we say and judge us for it.
---
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#76IamI3rianPosted 1/15/2013 2:54:36 PM(edited)
No one cares what we say!
---
#77The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/15/2013 2:55:16 PM
chicken8or posted...
I read these boards on almost a daily basis and the quality of the topics has gone down so fast lately. When are the keyboard warriors going to lay aside their differences and actually get back to the topics being proposed?

Rebel, 13rian, Scotch, and Dark need to stop feeding into these people. I come on here to read what you all have to say about the lore and mechanics. I don't even play Skyrim right now and I still come on here because I want to learn from you guys. Don't let every single topic degrade into a total mess.

I have played through Morrowind A LOT of times, Oblivion at least 3 or 4 times and Skyrim twice. I have also completed all of the expansions for Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm still working up the initiative to beat DG and DB in Skyrim. I still have a seeming infinite amount of questions regarding the world and the lore, but I can't get any more information.

I don't feel I've said anything wrong, I've also continued to chat about the lore with the same person who has kind of derailed the topic.

If there's anything you want to learn, post it or make a topic about it, I appreciate that some people prefe to lurk, but if everyone lurks and nobody new contributes, the boards will be stale with the same peoe posting the same stuff :)

What the board needs is people like yourself to come forward with new questions and new perspectives IMO.
---
To be announced
#78RebelElite791Posted 1/15/2013 2:56:14 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
chicken8or posted...

I don't feel I've said anything wrong, I've also continued to chat about the lore with the same person who has kind of derailed the topic.

If there's anything you want to learn, post it or make a topic about it, I appreciate that some people prefe to lurk, but if everyone lurks and nobody new contributes, the boards will be stale with the same peoe posting the same stuff :)

What the board needs is people like yourself to come forward with new questions and new perspectives IMO.

Also that.

We're always happy to answer questions, trolls aside.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#79chicken8orPosted 1/15/2013 2:57:37 PM
I read over my post and saw that it did come off as though I was blaming you guys for the problems. That is not the case. There are new posters here that are butt-hurt for some reason and just jump on you all. Rebel can come off a little coarse some times, but those who have been on these boards long enough know to expect that.

There is nothing wrong with you guys. Just let their comments slip by. They are doing it to get you to attack them back. They are doing it for attention. Just stick to the lore and the games and these boards will correct themselves. They will get bored when they don't get attention and we can go back to posting about things that we all enjoy (lore).

I enjoy all of your posts (as long as they are game related or at least just fun conversations) and I truly do learn a lot from you all. I appreciate the knowledge that you bring to this board and I, as well as countless others, are better off after reading your posts about the lore and world of The Elder Scrolls.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#80darkportal785Posted 1/15/2013 3:00:44 PM
chicken8or posted...
I enjoy all of your posts (as long as they are game related or at least just fun conversations)

So nothing I post >.>

And you name dropped me too >.>

Jerk.
---
Whose eyes are those eyes?