The Bloodskaal Blade

#1WretchedOwlPosted 1/16/2013 8:56:39 AM
So, I just got this pretty awesome two-hander from the quest in the Dragonborn DLC, and I'm looking on UESP and it says you need a silver ingot to upgrade it, but it doesn't say which perk affects its upgrading. I'm thinking about making it part of my normal two-handed set, but if I can't upgrade it to anywhere near my dragonbone weapons, warhammer currently doing 697, I'll just keep it on display in my house..

Anyone know which perk double the upgrade for this?
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 1/16/2013 9:00:31 AM
With enough Fortify Smithing effects (enough to get smithing to 168, I think, which is easy) you can smith any item to legendary.

And Dragonbone will always be the strongest, but only marginally so when everything's upgraded by the same amount.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 1/16/2013 9:13:52 AM
If you have all perks in smithing and you still can't make it as strong then it may not be affected. Whereas perk-smithed weapons maintain marginal differences in power you will see a considerable decrease from a weapon unaffected by perks.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#4KoRiy5000Posted 1/16/2013 9:25:15 AM
not to be an ass, but why do you need 700 damage?
#51qaqa1Posted 1/16/2013 9:29:20 AM
But do dragonbone weapons have SWORDBEAMS?
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#6AlabamaLovePosted 1/16/2013 9:39:19 AM

this
i have a weapon near 180 and i can't use it anymore on master because it kills too quickly
---
http://i.minus.com/ibnTHWS4wt2Imh.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif
#7turn_basedPosted 1/16/2013 10:45:07 AM
KoRiy5000 posted...

Kids think it's cool, like breaking the damage limit in Final Fantasy.
---
Redguards Rule!
#8WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 11:10:53 AM
turn_based posted...
KoRiy5000 posted...

Kids think it's cool, like breaking the damage limit in Final Fantasy.

that's not necessarily true.. I like to try and push the damage to its limit without abusing loops from alchemy, and technically, it could still get a lot higher, but I'm too lazy and too OCD to even attempt it. And I have different characters for when I wanna play fair for the NPC's, or when I just wanna rape everything.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin.
#9krono069Posted 1/16/2013 11:19:33 AM
I set my bloodskal blade at 98 damage, and then I stopped there. With the extra 30 damage from the beam, I get around 128 damage per power attack. I feel this is perfect. Not too much damage so as to not one hit kill everything, but not too week either.

I've got a ring that puts one-handed/two handed damage into the millions. It's fun sometimes, but I don't usually wear it.
_
---
Currently reading the final book of the Wheel of Time series. Just over 200 pages now. Mind = Blown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU