Things Fallout 4 Should Add From This Game...

#31JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:28:40 PM(edited)
Also to be clear I didnt mean scrapping the SPECIAL system. I just mean reworking the skill side. You should still have the special system to determine your base skills, since there are no races, coupled with tag skills.

I get why some ppl would disagree. It is just my preference. But im fine either way
---
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo
#32youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 7:27:51 PM
Bows.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#33dinosaur-123Posted 1/16/2013 7:28:29 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
dinosaur-123 posted...
1. so you wanna ruin FO leveling system then ? that's how the game was made and i hope that beth doesn't change it , you know exp leveling is a fallout thing , progressive skills a TES thing so don't mix it up or it will end up being bad
2. don't have an argument about his one but i don't like this
3.no dual wielding ,wtf are you thinking , and even worse is your idea of dual wielding big guns
4.well I've played FO NV with project nevada so it can be well implemented into the games main features , maybe even using action points , also WTF were you thinking when you said scrap the ability to carry items ?! are just nuts or forgetting the hole point of how to survive ?
5.could be made depending on the character's strength attribute and maybe charisma
6.I'm all in for variety in this ,maybe it wil be even implemented as an essential feature if fast travelling is disabled in hardcore mode
7.not funny
8. as long as it doesn't get ridiculous okay
9.depends on the situation but it would be okay to have different choices for player's homes

Like i said, personal leveling preference. Dont get why dual wielding is such a heinous thing to you. And you misunderstood what I meant by carry items.

well then it's fine if you meant carrying items in that sense , i tough you meant scraping an inventory system ,my bad
---
''Power, my dear friend. I seek power, and so I acquire and study those who have some degree of it,''
#34JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:30:55 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

this. Especially number 1 that would destroy half of what Fallout is. It's already hard enough to keep characters from becoming untouchable but that would destroy it. Along with the possibility to keep calling it an RPG. and vehicles wouldn't work if you know anything about the lore in FO.
If these changes happend they'd have to call the game TES VI:Fallout

Honestly if you cant level up by 20 skill points in something as soon as you level up, then I would think it is harder to become untouchable.
---
#35Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/16/2013 7:35:56 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Honestly if you cant level up by 20 skill points in something as soon as you level up, then I would think it is harder to become untouchable.

Except in Skyrim you don't even have to do any exploits or do something specific or buy dlc to get everything to 100. All you have to do is just pick up some random skill you never used and just use it until your 100 at it and then just move onto the next. I'm just saying have TES use it's system and let Fallout keep using what they always have. We want variety not just the same game taking place in a different world.
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#36youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 7:36:25 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

this. Especially number 1 that would destroy half of what Fallout is. It's already hard enough to keep characters from becoming untouchable but that would destroy it. Along with the possibility to keep calling it an RPG. and vehicles wouldn't work if you know anything about the lore in FO.

That's how you specialize. Also, some of the best perks require multiple skills.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#37JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:42:23 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...

Except in Skyrim you don't even have to do any exploits or do something specific or buy dlc to get everything to 100. All you have to do is just pick up some random skill you never used and just use it until your 100 at it and then just move onto the next. I'm just saying have TES use it's system and let Fallout keep using what they always have. We want variety not just the same game taking place in a different world.

Fair enough, they would have to find a workaround. But it would still be harder to do in fo4 game than skyrim. To level your guns skill for example you would actually have to go out and kill stuf, not just... shoot yourself in the foot. Just instead of leveling some kind of overall exp bank it would be specific to guns. Get rid of immorals so you can't just pump rounds into an irradiated shadowmere and I think it would actually up the challenge significantly.

But like I said im okay with exp. I just prefer this system
---
#38The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/16/2013 7:54:25 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
1. Leveling system: Skyrim learned from fallout 3 with chooseable perks. Now I think that they should add the skill progression system the elder Scrolls has. Not saying that the exp system doesn't work, but i prefer this way. You wanna get better at guns? Use guns. This would also probably mean expanding the capabilities of certain skills to make then easier to level (like science) and adding trainers. But I feel it would be better.

2. "Clear" tags for locations

3. Dual Wielding: I think it could be done well. i think it would be pretty sweet to have grenades in my left hand and an smg in my right. They can make it so there are perks to dual wield bigger weapons.

4. Sprint button: Seriously, how much would it improve the fallout games if it had sprinting? Just move the the 1st/3rd person toggel to the right stick

5: A range of body types: you have the technology, Bethesda.

6: Fast travel alternatives: Carriages, mounts, etc. Maybe even a motorcycle or a vertibird or something, if the tech can handle it. This will probably depend on if it comes out on the current gen or not, which it probably will.

7. Dragons: Just kidding.

8.Crafting: crafting should expand big time from fallout 3. Obsidian did a great job expanding it and so did this game, so I would love the return of stuff like a survival skill, and weapon mods and such.

9. Multiple homes: Something the elder scrolls does and obsidian did. There should be more than 1.

Feel free to critique or add to my list. Im sure there are a number of people who disagree with number 1.

Also yes I capitalize titles. Deal with it

Yes to 1-4 I don't care with 5... Then 8 and 9 YES!
#39JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:59:52 PM(edited)
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

Is been a very long time since I played the originals. What about the lore prevents vehicles?

Also wasnt there a car in fo2?
---
#40NailbombPosted 1/16/2013 8:03:37 PM
Here's something I hope it adds from Morrowind:

Droppable quest items.

They could also take a bit from Dragon's Dogma:

Oh, you realized that thing you got rid of was important? Well, someone found it and sold it on the black market.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer