Things Fallout 4 Should Add From This Game...

#41youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 8:05:05 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

this. Especially number 1 that would destroy half of what Fallout is. It's already hard enough to keep characters from becoming untouchable but that would destroy it. Along with the possibility to keep calling it an RPG. and vehicles wouldn't work if you know anything about the lore in FO.
If these changes happend they'd have to call the game TES VI:Fallout

Is been a very long time since I played the originals. What about the lore prevents vehicles?

Also wasnt there a car in fo2?

Instead of gasoline, FO cars use nuclear reactors or something. It's highly unstable and most people didn't give 2 craps about their nuclear cars once the bombs fell.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#42JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 8:08:25 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

this. Especially number 1 that would destroy half of what Fallout is. It's already hard enough to keep characters from becoming untouchable but that would destroy it. Along with the possibility to keep calling it an RPG. and vehicles wouldn't work if you know anything about the lore in FO.

Is been a very long time since I played the originals. What about the lore prevents vehicles?

Instead of gasoline, FO cars use nuclear reactors or something. It's highly unstable and most people didn't give 2 craps about their nuclear cars once the bombs fell.

Well they could find a new power source. Assuming the next game is in the Commonwealth they probably have some insane tech lying around. Plus the enclave was was utilizing a pre war airforce base. Maybe they could use something like that.
---
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo
#43namewitheldPosted 1/16/2013 8:18:30 PM(edited)
All we need is Scaleform 2.0

For the rest Beth should take a hard look at F2 and NV.

edit: Fallout is about influencing events. TES is a dungeon crawler (not derogatory). They are only similar on the surface.
#44TaigaWilliamPosted 1/16/2013 8:13:51 PM
Dual wielding perks could be related mostly to accuracy and aiming at multiple things in VATS. Aiming two weapons isn't easy, even when shooting at the same thing. The recoil is a much more significant. factor when two hands are taking alternating or irregular recoil. There could also be one handed vs two handed melee.
#45tzar_666Posted 1/16/2013 8:18:19 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
No.
No.
Hellzno.
^what he said.
Meh, whatever.
Hahahaha, no.
Stop being stupid.
Sure.
Whatever.

fision batteries

---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#46levyjl1988Posted 1/16/2013 8:19:17 PM
-Add sprint
-No stuck quest items
-No misc quests
-Things not respawning except enemies.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#47youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 8:21:03 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Well they could find a new power source. Assuming the next game is in the Commonwealth they probably have some insane tech lying around. Plus the enclave was was utilizing a pre war airforce base. Maybe they could use something like that.

Not just a new power source, cars (and its parts) go bad if they stay on the same spot for too long (and we're talking 200+ years here). You could get a car or bike if you find some mechanic family enthusiast working on the with vehicles for generations... I have no problem with that, I think it would be a great reward for a difficult quest but that's it. Number 3 and 4 from your list are good ideas too.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#48tzar_666Posted 1/16/2013 8:21:42 PM
ukillable kids that... oh they had those in 3
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#49JohnRyan1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 8:22:05 PM
Tzar it seems you misplaced your comment lol. But like I said, I think it still could be done
---
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo
#50RampagingwalrusPosted 1/16/2013 8:22:36 PM
Vehicles also requires a decent level of infrastructure to properly function.
Bridges, roads, et cetera.

People are not using cars/trucks/bikes not because they do not know how to make them, but because operating one becomes a deathtrap.
Everybody with a weapon within range to hear a vehicle is going to attack and kill the operator, and possibly destroy the vehicle in the process.
That is the reason why only those with personal armies use vehicles.

The only vehicles people are likely to use are massive, hard to destroy, easy to arm/armour ones.
Like the NCR with its trains.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.