Things Fallout 4 Should Add From This Game...

#61NicodaemosPosted 1/16/2013 8:44:56 PM
Beth probably couldn't implement a vehicle even if they wanted to.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#62RampagingwalrusPosted 1/16/2013 8:47:03 PM
namewitheld posted...
People USE extent technology but only two groups are known to be able to PRODUCE pre-war (quality) technologies (and only because F3 says so).

There arent too many missile launchers around either.

Id personally feel much safer in a buggy of some sort than on foot.

3 says nothing about the Gun Runners, or the numerous other factions in New Vegas making weapons and technology.

Despite how you felt, you would not be safer.
Raiders are actually semi-intelligent.
They are not going to randomly attack people if they have nothing to gain from it.
But they will attack some guy riding around in a buggy, because that is definitely something worth stealing.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#63Flow_149Posted 1/16/2013 8:53:39 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
The war lasted for 2 hours and the game stuff happens 200 years later. It's enough time to reconstruct a few roads.

Rebuilding roads requires motivation, and a purpose to do so.
As there are no vehicles that require roads, there is no reason to waste time/resources to rebuild roads.
As there are no roads, there is no reason to waste time/resources to build vehicles.

Think they have some roads in NCR territory and in some other areas.
But yeah as for the majority of america not so much.
#64charon78auPosted 1/16/2013 8:54:42 PM
1. I don't think they should change to TES's levelling system.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but should have a huge penalty to accuracy in VATS without perk investment.

4. Fine with that.

5: Yes. But body types should be limited by stats, or vice-versa. IE no fatties with 10 endurance. For example.

6: Maybe. Not sure if it's needed.

7. *crickets chirp*

8. I imagine it will.

9. Of course.

I would add the random encounter variety and frequency of this game. It was too limited in FO3.

I'd actually like them not to include the follower mechanic from Skyrim. It was quantity over quality. FO3's followers were better, FONV's followers were miles better. I'd prefer fewer, more fleshed out followers, or none at all.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#65namewitheldPosted 1/16/2013 8:55:28 PM
namewitheld posted...
People USE extent technology but only two groups are known to be able to PRODUCE pre-war (quality) technologies (and only because F3 says so).

There arent too many missile launchers around either.

Id personally feel much safer in a buggy of some sort than on foot.

3 says nothing about the Gun Runners, or the numerous other factions in New Vegas making weapons and technology.

Despite how you felt, you would not be safer.
Raiders are actually semi-intelligent.
They are not going to randomly attack people if they have nothing to gain from it.
But they will attack some guy riding around in a buggy, because that is definitely something worth stealing.

Gun runners have (old world) blue prints and empire (NCR) backing. No one (for a given value of no one...) whos gonna share knows how to make a combustion engine.

Raiders are strung out on potent barbituates and amphetamines. They also dont have sophisticated technology. I wouldnt suggest driving past them but I also wouldnt suggest walking a brahmin past them.
#66Flow_149Posted 1/16/2013 8:58:11 PM
There need to be a option to push your followers out the way. VERONICA STOP BLOCKING THE FREAKING DOOR!
#67RampagingwalrusPosted 1/16/2013 9:01:31 PM
namewitheld posted...
Gun runners have (old world) blue prints and empire (NCR) backing. No one (for a given value of no one...) whos gonna share knows how to make a combustion engine.

Raiders are strung out on potent barbituates and amphetamines. They also dont have sophisticated technology. I wouldnt suggest driving past them but I also wouldnt suggest walking a brahmin past them.

Not all Raiders are druggies.
However, just look at the variety of Raiders in Vegas... some do have high tech, like those in Vault 3, or those on Black Mountain, or the Ghouls at REPCONN, or the Brotherhood.

If you have anything that puts you above the common folk, you become a target, especially if it is a useful technology.
---
#68namewitheldPosted 1/16/2013 9:11:37 PM(edited)
Not all Raiders are druggies.
However, just look at the variety of Raiders in Vegas... some do have high tech, like those in Vault 3, or those on Black Mountain, or the Ghouls at REPCONN, or the Brotherhood.

If you have anything that puts you above the common folk, you become a target, especially if it is a useful technology.

Being a raider means taking drugs and raping and murdering. Its the job description.

Ghouls and super mutants are NOT raiders.

Neither are the BoS.

In a motorised vehicle you are safer from most of the threats of post nuclear USA. The only Fallout game where you could get a car was safer for you when/if you got it.
#69RampagingwalrusPosted 1/16/2013 9:11:56 PM
namewitheld posted...
Being a raider means taking drugs and raping and murdering. Its the job description.

No, being a Raider just means that you are not a farmer/herder/townsperson.
Everybody who lives outside of "society" is a Raider.
---
#70namewitheldPosted 1/16/2013 9:14:16 PM
namewitheld posted...

No, being a Raider just means that you are not a farmer/herder/townsperson.
Everybody who lives outside of "society" is a Raider.

Thats not true at all.

Raiders are the people who attack merchants/towns...they raid.