Things Fallout 4 Should Add From This Game...

#81Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/16/2013 11:01:24 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
and with cars you wouldn't be able to get through Boston too much wreckage and debris to go anywhere. And driving out in the wastes? You wouldn't get 50ft before you got a flat tire. Plus if someone shot your car up KABOOM mini mushroom cloud

The war lasted for 2 hours and the game stuff happens 200 years later. It's enough time to reconstruct a few roads.

play Fallout 3 you'll see why that just isn't going to happen
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#82ChargrilledPosted 1/16/2013 11:07:01 PM
I agree with it all.

I just want a massive world filled with places. Todd did hint that they almost put too much in skyrim, i hope he forgets that and puts more locations in fallout 4.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#83youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 11:32:00 PM
and with cars you wouldn't be able to get through Boston too much wreckage and debris to go anywhere. And driving out in the wastes? You wouldn't get 50ft before you got a flat tire. Plus if someone shot your car up KABOOM mini mushroom cloud

The war lasted for 2 hours and the game stuff happens 200 years later. It's enough time to reconstruct a few roads.

? You mean cars?
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#84delta873Posted 1/16/2013 11:35:11 PM
I for one think dual wielding revolvers would be awesome, or any type of pistol and maybe smg's but dual wielding assault rifles...no.
---
GT- Delta squad 100 Psn-hunter873
destruction is what i am good at.
#85FaycelessPosted 1/16/2013 11:36:44 PM
REVISION:

1. Fus Roh Dah

Best game ever?
#86youshallbeasgodPosted 1/16/2013 11:48:36 PM
delta873 posted...
I for one think dual wielding revolvers would be awesome, or any type of pistol and maybe smg's but dual wielding assault rifles...no.

Maybe change things a bit: Handguns and SMGs are all Small Guns; Miniguns, Famethrower, Assault rifles and sniper rifles are Big Guns. Then in early game you can get the dual weild perk, only for small guns, with 100% aim penalty(meaning a 95% shot would be a 47ish%shot at optimal range, but you can increase that at point blank range) and then in lategame you can get another perk to reduce the aim penalty to 50%.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#87synthetiksinPosted 1/16/2013 11:53:38 PM
Fallout leveling has always been from the original fallouts. Although I would like a proficiency skill progression that sorta adds a bit of an advantage during "dice rolls".

Grenade keys have always been implemented in the ultra mods for FO3 and FONV, not sure why they never took that from FWE since they did take aiming down sight and weapon mods just to name a few. I would love a dual wield option though, with less accuracy as a balancing trait. It could be tied to strength as a factoring trait.

Again, sprinting was in FWE and should have been added to FONV. There were a few problems with the mod though and I'm guessing they either were too lazy to add animation for it (since the mod just adjusted player speed and used a sprint bar) or just didn't have the know how at that point. Bullet time was also a pretty cool feature, it used up the VATS bar so during super intense 20+ (Mutant mod) super mutant battles, you had to choose between ultra accuracy or faster reflexes.

The option for a range of body types would be nice but it doesn't really make much of a difference unless it was tied to inherent skills but even then having high strength shouldn't mean you would turn into some disgusting roid user. I WOULD definitely like a food effect though, so if you eat when not hungry (for example, low HP), the player would get fat.

In FO2 there was a car, so it would be nice to have something like that. It would even double as a mobile chest of some sort. Would make fast traveling much faster and I guess would be placed outside settlements. Energy packs were also used as fuel for the cars. Unlike FO2, where you were traveling the whole of the west coast (and then some), a first person open world must be much smaller, which is probably why they got rid of the idea in the first place. It would be nice to have different areas to travel though like in FO3's Pittsburgh and stuff.

Also, there are mods for the game for in game vehicles that you can ride, vehicles that even have weapon systems built in. I guess the biggest problem with it is that it would be truly unbalanced in a setting where only the player has the vehicle. What would happen if it gets destroyed?

Crafting is in FONV, not as well as in FWE (where almost everything had some kind of use) but it was basically modeled the same way. Should be an expanded much more though.

Player homes in the current FOs are basically where you dump your crap. There are actually a ton of places where there are beds and containers so you can call them your home, although they are unofficial, it's more true to the setting rather than having an actual home in a post apocalyptic world.
#88Ajd_KingPosted 1/17/2013 12:27:37 AM

Many areas of america aren't in the post-apocalyptic stone age that the Capital Wasteland is.
---
At least I'll die holding a lovely arse.
- Vernon Roche, Temerian Superhero.
#89themissingmanPosted 1/17/2013 12:34:14 AM
Did everyone forget that players could get a working car in the first Fallout?

Oh no, better keep with that lonesome and desolate feeling one can only achieve from walking everywhere.
---
Handsome Jack 2012
X-Box Live Gamertag: GandalfTheGreen
#90Ajd_KingPosted 1/17/2013 12:34:51 AM
themissingman posted...
Did everyone forget that players could get a working car in the first Fallout?

Oh no, better keep with that lonesome and desolate feeling one can only achieve from walking everywhere.

I think you mean F2.
---
At least I'll die holding a lovely arse.
- Vernon Roche, Temerian Superhero.