Can't get the Jarl of Falkreath to offer the plot of land

#1drumble89Posted 1/16/2013 6:54:14 PM
I've got the letter from the courier and read it. The quest directs me to him but no option appears with him, just the generic background information on him :(
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#2DarkSeraphMPosted 1/16/2013 6:58:21 PM
Try talking to the steward; I can't remember what her name is offhand.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#3The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/16/2013 7:01:50 PM
Do you have any "Find X item" quests, the quest to get the land requires you to do two quests for him first
#4drumble89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:07:19 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Do you have any "Find X item" quests, the quest to get the land requires you to do two quests for him first

I've had those types of quests in my other playthroughs and still managed to get the plot of land. I've been browsing though and I may know why I can't get it. In this playthrough I've actually spoken to a fair few people in Falkreath and gotten 2 quests (for Runil and Sinding). This is the only thing I've done differently in this playthrough so I have to assume that this is the problem?
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#5The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/16/2013 7:08:25 PM
drumble89 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

I've had those types of quests in my other playthroughs and still managed to get the plot of land. I've been browsing though and I may know why I can't get it. In this playthrough I've actually spoken to a fair few people in Falkreath and gotten 2 quests (for Runil and Sinding). This is the only thing I've done differently in this playthrough so I have to assume that this is the problem?

It just does it with some find X quests... Seriously try doing them and come back if it does not work
#6ben_foxPosted 1/16/2013 7:09:35 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Rare_Gifts

Siddgeir's first quest is one of the "Rare Gifts" type of quests, of which only one can be active at a time. Early in the game, the most likely culprit is needing to bring a Mammoth Tusk to Ysolda. Check to see if you have a quest in your Miscellaneous quests that matches the one on the list and complete it. Once you have, Siddgeir should give you the "You're the Jarl? I'm looking for work" dialogue option.
#7dagophPosted 1/16/2013 7:24:49 PM
he usually has you clear out a bandit camp. However, you may have already cleared out the one that he was scripted to give you, so youll have to wait for it to respawn. (this can take a while)
#8Talon5967Posted 1/16/2013 8:07:17 PM
drumble89 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Including the one you get from the jarl, there are six quests that interfere with each other. It's the Rare Item Hunt quests. If you have one, you won't see the dialogue for the other five until it's completed.

I'll list them by the quest giver, location, and the item they want you to find:

Jarl Siddgeir - Falkreath- Black Briar Mead (this is the one you're having trouble getting, and he basically sends you on a beer run)

Captian Aldis - Solitude - book "The Mirror"

Torbjorn Shatter-Shield - Windhelm - Amulet of Arkay

Ysolda - Whiterun - Mammoth tusk

Rustleif - Dawnstar - book "Night Falls on Sentinel"

Lami - Morthal - book "Song of the Alchemists"

You should check your quest log for each of these. If you have one, then that's your problem. It is possible that there is another rare bug that could be causing the issue, but in every instance I've seen of someone having this problem so far (at least since I figured it out myself), they had one of these quests active.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#9jammymacsterPosted 1/16/2013 8:09:43 PM
Have you done the Dark Brotherhood quest to kill his steward Helvar? If so that will lower his disposition so that he won't sell you the property.
---
AKA: Valadez
#10Talon5967Posted 1/16/2013 8:18:15 PM
There's also one last option: If you side with the Stormcloaks and install Dengeir as steward of Falkreath, he should sell you the property right away.

The requirements to buy the Hearthfire properties are also part of the process for becoming thane (which is what lead people to believe you had to become thane first, since it's easy to do both at the same time). If Dengeir is jarl, you'll only be required to do the Friend of the City quests to become thane, which is the next step after the favor quests Siddgeir gives you.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega