What does Rayya look like with her hood off

#31Gamer_X27Posted 1/18/2013 12:20:05 AM
zerobobo posted...
you mean the form of "ammo" that overheated super quickly and easily unless you had crazy black ops spectre gear which is highly classified and rare to pretty much anyone thats not a spectre?

yeah...also theres codex entries that explain that perfectly reasonably.
also its an OBVIOUS gameplay change with lore supporting it. getting pissy about it is ridiculous.

I'm not really pissy about it, just throwing out another obviously answered with "it's a game" type questions, to be honest I didn't mind the change either.
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#32Gaming_EsquirePosted 1/18/2013 12:48:59 AM
No one is pissy Bobo. They are correct... There's no plausible "lore" reason, but as a game mechanic, we all love pushing X every now and again
---
From Dragon Warrior to Skyrim, by way of Final Fantasy and Mass Effect
#33VincentVega13Posted 1/18/2013 10:08:56 AM
Gamer_X27 posted...
Gaming_Esquire posted...
deadpool223 posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
strifechug2 posted...
There's Jack from Mass Effect...

But she was hotter in 3, when she had hair

i actually prefered when she was shaved. not that the other thing was particularly bad

How did her ponytail grow so fast? Human hair grows on average half an inch per month. There were only a couple of months between 2 and 3, so where did the 6 inch pony tail come from??

Yes I ask these questions in a game with blue tentacle-headed monosexual female aliens and such.

Better question how in a span of 2 years (if I remember correctly) between ME 1 and 2 did a entire galaxy go from using a form of ammo that lasted a ungodly amount of time too a far less effective "clip" type ammo. You would think that there would be some of the old ones lying around somewhere.

Don't get me started on Jacob's loyalty mission. If they've been stranded 10 years, why do the guns have clips?!??!
---
I'd rather my country turn Chinese than be a bunch of immoral d***shooters:- Eric Cartman
#34Cast_SupremacyPosted 1/18/2013 10:55:59 AM
VincentVega13 posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...
Better question how in a span of 2 years (if I remember correctly) between ME 1 and 2 did a entire galaxy go from using a form of ammo that lasted a ungodly amount of time too a far less effective "clip" type ammo. You would think that there would be some of the old ones lying around somewhere.

Don't get me started on Jacob's loyalty mission. If they've been stranded 10 years, why do the guns have clips?!??!

Just a simple game play change really. Funnily enough, I remember reading IN-GAME a codex entry or something with an in-universe viewpoint of a person ranting on this exact issue. Something like "Weapons developers took the easy way out, we regressed technologically from recharging weapons which could of been improved with research, to simple disposable ammo-clips"
#35VincentVega13Posted 1/18/2013 11:14:59 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
VincentVega13 posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...

Just a simple game play change really. Funnily enough, I remember reading IN-GAME a codex entry or something with an in-universe viewpoint of a person ranting on this exact issue. Something like "Weapons developers took the easy way out, we regressed technologically from recharging weapons which could of been improved with research, to simple disposable ammo-clips"

Oh, no. I read every codex entry every time I get them on every playthrough. I know why Shepard et al use guns with clips. It bugs me why the crew of a crashed ship who've beem out of Citadel space for a decade, stranded on a remote planet, have cutting edge weapons all of a sudden.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#36thermopylaePosted 1/18/2013 11:33:51 AM
and there you go with a form of gun control.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#37RoxtoyzPosted 1/18/2013 11:46:11 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Shaved head

no dude
---
I, guess... you, could... say..! I, have... something, to... prove!
#38ShockWav3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:02:16 PM
Why did this turn into a mass effect debate?!
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#39FatherSuperior7Posted 1/23/2013 8:28:28 PM
Found a picture of her without the hood-
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/075/5/2/mass_effect_3_tali_photo_by_unicron9-d4sysjb.jpg
#40RebelElite791Posted 1/23/2013 11:48:35 PM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
VincentVega13 posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...

They're actually thermal clips :3

As for the official lore on the subject:

It was long thought that personal weapons had plateaued in performance, but the geth proved all theories wrong. Mathematically reviewing their combat logs, the geth found that in an age of kinetic barriers, most firefights were won by the side who could put the most rounds down-range the fastest. But combatants were forced to deliberately shoot slower to manage waste heat, or pause as their weapons vented.

To eliminate this inefficiency, the geth adopted detachable heat sinks known as thermal clips. While organic arms manufacturers were initially doubtful this would produce a net gain, a well-trained soldier can eject and swap thermal clips in under a second. Faced with superior enemy firepower, organic armies soon followed the geth's lead, and today's battlefields are littered with these thermal clips.

---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.