So, as a pure mage, how good of an idea is vampirism? *small Dawnguard spoilers*

#11lalallaalalPosted 1/18/2013 7:15:56 AM
I'm so torn on which side to pick. On the one hand I really want to pair an armored troll with Rayya. On the other, the vampire gets awesome powers and items.
#12Mick65Posted 1/18/2013 9:26:43 AM
lalallaalal posted...
I'm so torn on which side to pick. On the one hand I really want to pair an armored troll with Rayya. On the other, the vampire gets awesome powers and items.

It really only depends on what type of character you have. Not so much mage vs warrior, but more of, do you see your character actually becoming a blood sucking abomination or someone that would fight against this evil for greater good.
---
Casually Hardcore
#13mudrunner777Posted 1/18/2013 9:37:08 AM
If you join the Dawnguard you can hire a husky dog companion. Though as a spellcaster you will probably ended up killing him eventually.

Anyways, don't decide which side to join based on whether you want to become a vampire. Once you complete the DLC on the Dawnguard side Serana can turn you into one if you really want it.
#14SlayerslugPosted 1/18/2013 9:43:03 AM
The companions really aren't that great. Stick with vamps for your mage. The Vamp lord uses mainly magic to fight so you will have a advantage there. Plus Ring Of Erudite man.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#15lalallaalalPosted 1/18/2013 10:38:38 AM
Mick65 posted...
lalallaalal posted...

It really only depends on what type of character you have. Not so much mage vs warrior, but more of, do you see your character actually becoming a blood sucking abomination or someone that would fight against this evil for greater good.

My character would become a blood sucking avatar of evil AND own an armored troll.
I'm so torn :(
#16KingPeng113Posted 1/18/2013 10:46:13 AM
lalallaalal posted...
Mick65 posted...
lalallaalal posted...

My character would become a blood sucking avatar of evil AND own an armored troll.
I'm so torn :(

You can become a vampire lord if you side with the Dawnguard, just later on.
---
I'm not a narcissist, I just know that I'm better than everybody else! -Me
#17lalallaalalPosted 1/18/2013 10:54:30 AM
What about some of these sweet magic items like the erudite ring? I use a lot of magic and that sounds like a good item to have.
#18Mick65Posted 1/18/2013 11:07:07 AM
The faction specific rewards are acquired through several radiant quests you can access while going through the main quest for each faction. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to get the vamp jewelry while siding with the dawnguard and no way to get the rune items siding with the vamps.
---
Casually Hardcore
#19SlayerslugPosted 1/18/2013 11:48:29 AM
Mick65 posted...
The faction specific rewards are acquired through several radiant quests you can access while going through the main quest for each faction. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to get the vamp jewelry while siding with the dawnguard and no way to get the rune items siding with the vamps.

You can acquire dawngaurd specific spells though by calming the guy who sells them during the radiant vamp quest to kill the dawngaurd leaders
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#20GriffRobertsPosted 1/18/2013 12:01:12 PM
I'd stick with the Volkihar for a mage. You get some pretty sweet stuff.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.