So, as a pure mage, how good of an idea is vampirism? *small Dawnguard spoilers*

#21Malnourished(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:17:01 PM
Okay, did not know Necromage worked on yourself, for good things. I thought I'd just be lighting draugr and skeletons on fire with... you know, more ease. Follow-up question, I'd rather dual-cast spells than keep a ward up like a doofus, so any other good ways to level up restoration?

Aside from trying to heal in the middle of a fight, that's going to get me murdered.
---
One more time, with feeling!
#22Mick65Posted 1/18/2013 4:22:25 PM
Cast turn undead spells. They run away, and when they come back hit them again. Or if you have more magicka or good reng, trap them in a corner and pepper them.
Note; any turn undead spell will stagger any undead, even if it doesn't turn them.
---
Casually Hardcore
#23theonyxphoenixPosted 1/18/2013 4:30:20 PM
The skeletons in the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun are prime targets. The XP gained is only calculated by the strength of spell used, not the strength of the undead turned. Just keep using turning spells on them for the best opportunity for restoration experience.

Alternately you can take around 3000 gold and have the trainer in the College of Winterhold increase your level and either A) Pickpocket the gold back, which will require you to take pp perks at higher levels or B) Use the Ice Form shout on her and pickpocket her as she gets up to recover all of your gold with 100% success (but no pp XP)
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#24Malnourished(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 11:32:23 AM
Speaking of the college, I learned the mass paralysis spell and paralyzed nearly everyone in the area, and nobody cared. Not that I mind, but... what the hell?
---
One more time, with feeling!
#25Mick65Posted 1/20/2013 12:00:26 PM
I used Mayhem in raven rock mine and lit up every draugr in the place. Crazy AoE.
---
Casually Hardcore