Can Other Races Go to Sovngarde?

#1Apex1619Posted 1/18/2013 8:52:18 PM
Can they?
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 1/18/2013 8:53:32 PM
If they get an invitation/map with directions.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 1/18/2013 8:53:41 PM
They can to defeat Alduin, so its possible.
#4zeroboboPosted 1/18/2013 9:35:04 PM
think of it as a 1950's country club.
sure, its ok if they visit once in awhile under special circumstances, but they aint becoming a member!
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 1/18/2013 10:07:20 PM
Only nords and those that are dragonborn can go to sovngarde. Pretty much anyone that can master the thuum besides dragons.
---
Teacher: "We're gonna' turn this class around, 360 degrees!"
Me: -_- *facepalm*
#6Legendary_MusasPosted 1/18/2013 10:09:25 PM
Nords only and even then you have to die honourably.

The Dragonborn goes there through a portal and is alive, when that Dragonborn none Nord dies they won't be going to Sovngarde.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#7marathonplayer1Posted 1/19/2013 12:55:03 AM
obviously my alt hasn't heard of a thing called spoilers
---
There he roams, a lonely walker.
Doomed to be known as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
#8HuaBiaoPosted 1/19/2013 3:03:18 AM
Legendary_Musas posted...
Nords only and even then you have to die honourably.

The Dragonborn goes there through a portal and is alive, when that Dragonborn none Nord dies they won't be going to Sovngarde.

Untrue.
---
Calm your damn panties.
GT: Huabiao
#9nytecrawlaPosted 1/19/2013 4:25:52 AM
Sovngarde is like a fairy, if you believe in it hard enough, you will probably go there when you die. It isn't normal for a non Nord to be full of Nord traditional beliefs though, so the chances of it happening are slim. But as far as I can tell, there isn't any sign screaming 'Nords only' at the gate to Sovngarde, just like there isn't any sign screaming 'Daedra Only' at the entrance to the Deadlands, Apocryhpa, Cold Harbour, etc. You go where your deeds send you. If you live an unremarkable life of farming, eating and making babies you go to the Dreamsleeve.

But that's just my opinion, and it isn't anymore or less true than what anyone else will tell you.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#10Legendary_MusasPosted 1/19/2013 4:58:45 AM(edited)
Sovngarde is where Nords go to when they die honourably in battle. It's as simple as that.

When you enter Sovngarde the only residents you see are Nords.

According to the ancient writings and oral traditions of the Nords, going back as far as the Late Merethic Era, there exists a place so magnificent, so honored, that the entrance lies hidden from view. Sovngarde, it is called, built by the god Shor to honor those Nords who have proven their mettle in war. Within this "Hall of Valor" time as we know it has no meaning. The concepts of life and death are left on the doorstep, and those within exist in a sort of self-contained euphoria, free of pain, suffering and the worst malady a Nord could suffer - boredom.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do