Can Other Races Go to Sovngarde?

#11nytecrawlaPosted 1/19/2013 5:09:46 AM
So what you are saying is that a Redguard child born of a Redguard/Nord union in Skyrim, raised as a Nord, with Nordic traditions cannot go to Sovngarde? Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Look, deeds and belief are the only thing qualifying a person to get into Sovngarde. You could be a Sload and be raised in the typical Nordic fashion, in Skyrim and believe as Nords do. That doesn't exclude you from going to Sovngarde.

Just a slight bit of thinking outside the box, that is all I ask of people. Everything that is written down isn't true.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#12Legendary_MusasPosted 1/19/2013 5:49:03 AM
nytecrawla posted...
So what you are saying is that a Redguard child born of a Redguard/Nord union in Skyrim, raised as a Nord, with Nordic traditions cannot go to Sovngarde? Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Look, deeds and belief are the only thing qualifying a person to get into Sovngarde. You could be a Sload and be raised in the typical Nordic fashion, in Skyrim and believe as Nords do. That doesn't exclude you from going to Sovngarde.

Just a slight bit of thinking outside the box, that is all I ask of people. Everything that is written down isn't true.

All we have is what is written down and what is shown ingame (you literally go there). Only Nords go to Sovngarde upon death, simple as that. If you have evidence against it then by all means show us.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#13nytecrawlaPosted 1/19/2013 5:57:51 AM
I'm not even gonna waste my time, because it seems like you just want to get into an internet shouting match about who is right. I'll say this though, just because a thing hasn't happened yet, or you haven't seen it happen does not mean it cannot happen. The whole idea that you MUST be a Nord to enter Sovngarde is thrown out of the window the minute a non Nord Dovahkiin walks in. By your logic it was impossible for the Dovahkiin to get there because he was not a Nord.

Sovngarde is just a plane of existence, as easily and readily accessible as any other. You might not be able to get into Shor's Mead Hall, but that isn't stopping you from heading to Sovngarde. Hell the very fact that Alduin is there completely obliterates what you say.

But since I can tell your type a mile away, I won't even bother to go into it any further. You want to feel good about yourself, fine you 'win' the 'argument' since there isn't anything written down in ES Lore that says a non Nord can go to Sovngarde.

I just wish people would spend less time focusing on what can't be done and learn to have a little imagination.
---
#14Legendary_MusasPosted 1/19/2013 6:04:38 AM(edited)
nytecrawla posted...
I'm not even gonna waste my time, because it seems like you just want to get into an internet shouting match about who is right. I'll say this though, just because a thing hasn't happened yet, or you haven't seen it happen does not mean it cannot happen. The whole idea that you MUST be a Nord to enter Sovngarde is thrown out of the window the minute a non Nord Dovahkiin walks in. By your logic it was impossible for the Dovahkiin to get there because he was not a Nord.

Sovngarde is just a plane of existence, as easily and readily accessible as any other. You might not be able to get into Shor's Mead Hall, but that isn't stopping you from heading to Sovngarde. Hell the very fact that Alduin is there completely obliterates what you say.

But since I can tell your type a mile away, I won't even bother to go into it any further. You want to feel good about yourself, fine you 'win' the 'argument' since there isn't anything written down in ES Lore that says a non Nord can go to Sovngarde.

I just wish people would spend less time focusing on what can't be done and learn to have a little imagination.

The Dovahkiin can enter because they are entering through a portal (that only Alduin can open which means the Portal hasn't been opened for millennia) still alive, their soul isn't being taken their on death -_-

The topic wasn't clear but it's obvious the TC meant can a none Nord go there when they die which they can't.

Also I'm only telling the truth, I find no enjoyment in correcting you but the truth is the truth and we can only go on what we are told ingame.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#15nytecrawlaPosted 1/19/2013 6:04:18 AM
It is as if you didn't even read what I wrote...
---
#16Legendary_MusasPosted 1/19/2013 6:07:00 AM
nytecrawla posted...
It is as if you didn't even read what I wrote...

It's as if you didn't.

A dead soul cannot go to Sovngarde upon death, there is no evidence to counter that point.

A person alive can enter Alduin's portal and walk around in Sovngarde yes but not only was that not the TC's questions its also an isolated incident (only Alduin can open that portal, only the Dovahkiin is shown entering. No one else in history has).
---
#17Ajd_KingPosted 1/19/2013 6:50:05 AM
If I'm remembering right, Tsun makes a comment about seeing you again, no matter your race.
#18clownsePosted 1/19/2013 7:08:43 AM
Ebony Warrior upon death: "At last, Sovngarde"

Race: Probably Redguard, but definitely not an ethnic Nord.

/Thread.
#19HuaBiaoPosted 1/19/2013 7:54:50 PM
Ajd_King posted...
If I'm remembering right, Tsun makes a comment about seeing you again, no matter your race.

This. Precisely this. All anyone needs for evidence is...you guessed it! THIS!!
---
Calm your damn panties.
GT: Huabiao
#20youshallbeasgodPosted 1/19/2013 8:00:18 PM
nytecrawla posted...
Sovngarde is like a fairy, if you believe in it hard enough, you will probably go there when you die. It isn't normal for a non Nord to be full of Nord traditional beliefs though, so the chances of it happening are slim. But as far as I can tell, there isn't any sign screaming 'Nords only' at the gate to Sovngarde, just like there isn't any sign screaming 'Daedra Only' at the entrance to the Deadlands, Apocryhpa, Cold Harbour, etc. You go where your deeds send you. If you live an unremarkable life of farming, eating and making babies you go to the Dreamsleeve.

But that's just my opinion, and it isn't anymore or less true than what anyone else will tell you.

I think Sovngarde is just how nords perceive the Dreamsleeve.
---
Relax, it's just a game.