Do none Circle members of the Companions know about Lycantrophy?

#11Zero BeatPosted 1/19/2013 11:44:58 AM
Yep, they enjoy fighting and the power of being a werewolf, but without needing either.

That and I think they use Lycanthropy as a backup more than anything, like when they're outnumbered 20 to 1.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>
#12Sierra-G719(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:51:14 AM
Zero Beat posted...
Yep, they enjoy fighting and the power of being a werewolf, but without needing either.

That and I think they use Lycanthropy as a backup more than anything, like when they're outnumbered 20 to 1.

It varies amongst members, Skjor and Aela reveled in it, ingame dialogue implies the two of them would hunt in Beast Mode at night, while Kodlak wanted to get rid of it with Farkas and Vilkas following through.

Farkas just so happened to use it as a last resort.
#13Zero BeatPosted 1/19/2013 12:15:29 PM
Yeah, those two are the exceptions, though they are still smart about it. Only killing animals and bandits and such. They also remain in control of themselves.

The only completely feral werwolf in Vanilla is the one in Hircine's quest.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>
#14Billy-De-KidPosted 1/19/2013 12:30:14 PM
Zero Beat posted...
Yeah, those two are the exceptions, though they are still smart about it. Only killing animals and bandits and such. They also remain in control of themselves.

Were Wolves that can control themselves in beast form and can turn on will=Companions.

Were Wolves that can NOT control themselves in beast form nor control when they turn= Orignal Were Wolves. (ones that are more in control, turn under certain circumstances, such as a full moon, or during the night)

Were Wolves who turns to often(?) and can't turn back to normal, nor control him/herself= feral Were Wolves.

The guy in the Hircine's quest was an Original Were Wolf.
---
Check out the Star Fox Story on the Star Fox Assault board! Even if you aren't a Star Fox fan, it's still a good read!
The Wolf has spoken!
#15RampagingwalrusPosted 1/19/2013 1:11:12 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Anyway, you can hear some ambient dialogue between the companions that implies that it's a secret outside of the Circle. I think something between Aela and... Ria?

That dialogue has nothing to do with lycanthropy, that has to do with rumours of sexual activity.
Skjor and Aela always go out alone together at night "hunting," so those who do not know they are wolfing it up, just think that they are off getting their humpies on.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#16Leviathan412Posted 1/19/2013 2:33:47 PM
Feral werewolves are the ones that are still alive in the Silver Hand lairs.
#17Zero BeatPosted 1/19/2013 5:43:32 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Zero Beat posted...

Were Wolves that can control themselves in beast form and can turn on will=Companions.

Were Wolves that can NOT control themselves in beast form nor control when they turn= Orignal Were Wolves. (ones that are more in control, turn under certain circumstances, such as a full moon, or during the night)

Were Wolves who turns to often(?) and can't turn back to normal, nor control him/herself= feral Were Wolves.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
---
#18Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 1/19/2013 5:53:18 PM
Zero Beat posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Zero Beat posted...

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

But the whole reason he couldn't controll himself was because of the cursed ring. He seemed pretty in countroll after he gave it to the PC.
---
Teacher: "We're gonna' turn this class around, 360 degrees!"
Me: -_- *facepalm*
#19SlayerslugPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:48 PM
I remember hearing some chatter from the non-circle members, they were saying something about having the gift being lorded over them.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#20Omni024Posted 1/20/2013 3:19:31 AM
One of the dialogues that you hear is Nadja asking Aela if there is truth to the rumor of "Aela and Skjor seeing each other." Aela dispels the notion, but it gives you an idea that the two of them are close.
Aela prefers the hunt, so much so that she would rather go to Hircine's realm then Sovongarde and that combined with happens to Skjor is a driving factor when she sends you out to fight the Silver Hand. She is not without a code of honor though, as she probably views the companions, especially those within the circle as family.
If your questioning the Silver Hand's honor though, they quite simply have none. Why they are after werewolves is a question not really fully answered. For some reason, they are also trying to collect the fragments of Wuuthrad. One suspicion is that werewolves have excellent pelts. Or maybe an ex- companion leads them.