Things you can mess up/miss .spoilers

#1MavestinoPosted 1/20/2013 11:36:27 AM
Is there anywhere a list of things you can permanently miss or mess up? Like how for litany of larceny, if you hand items in before the eye, he won't accept the eye and after a certain level you cant find poison resist gear etc
#2Mavestino(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:04:06 PM
Any help?
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 1/20/2013 6:29:55 PM
I don't know that there is a list, however it would be beneficial if there was.

You can obtain poison resistance, disease resistance, waterbreathing, etc. at any level. I don't know if this was changed with Dragonborn but I have found all of those enchants at level 81.

Off the top of my head:

- You cannot complete the Wolf Queen Awakened quests at level 81.
- You cannot obtain Fine Armguards from Bryling if you Destroy the Dark Brotherhood
- Obviously you can only obtain Ulfric's Clothes or General Tullius' but not both. Ulfric's Clothes are just named garments that can be Perfect Touched from Bryling however Tullius' Armor is unique.
- If you do the Ill Met by Moonlight quest you will permanently miss Bolar's Oathblade.
- If you lose the Glenmoril Witch Heads they don't respawn and can prevent completion of some quests.
- Removing quest items like Beacon of Meridia from chests before the quest would direct you to do so can cause them to be unable to be completed.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#4thekosmicfool part 2Posted 1/20/2013 6:42:26 PM
Of course, the Meridia quest is one that ISN'T affected in that way. Find the shrine first, or pick up the beacon. It matters not; one directs you to the other.

But Leifnar? Stay the hell away until told to find him, because you're screwed otherwise.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#5Mavestino(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:00:15 AM
This is good stuff, but about poison resistance last time i played you cant get that enchantment after a certain level because gear with that which spawns gets replaced by disease resist.

If anyone else knows anything else along these lines, including common bugs, like do not pick up books from boss chests if you dont have the quest, please post it
#6Talon5967Posted 1/21/2013 6:38:19 AM
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
But Leifnar? Stay the hell away until told to find him, because you're screwed otherwise.

Who's Leifnar? UESP doesn't recognize the name.

One thing that can be messed up (or several things) is leveled items. There are several, and how good they are depends on your level when you find them. Most of them come from the Thieves Guild questline (three weapons that cap at level 46, and four armor pieces that cap at 32). You get one from the main quest (caps at 46). Two from the Forbidden Legend side quest (cap at 36). One from The Pale Lady side quest (caps at 27). And one from The Wolf Queen Awakens (caps at 40).

Personally, I think the TG and main quest items are the only ones worth caring about. I just avoid doing those until I hit 46.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#7jammymacsterPosted 1/21/2013 6:41:32 AM
It's Leifnarr. And yea, if you find Leifnarr without getting the quest first, it may not update when you speak to Grosta, making it unable to be completed.
---
AKA: Valadez
#8son_of_jorelPosted 1/21/2013 6:51:17 AM
Reporting leifnars death, the keening quest, giving esbern a dragon bone and visiting the college of winterhold are all glitched on my game.
---
I've been chugging cows blood - worked for Dracula, he's fast as crap!
#9FalletarisPosted 1/21/2013 7:34:30 AM
Actually, I killed the guy and got the savior's hide (in Hircine's quest). Then when I came back, I got Bolar's Oath Blade.
---
XBL GT: iamRevan117
I worship the tenth divine, SKOOOOOOMA!!!
#10jammymacsterPosted 1/21/2013 7:39:02 AM
Yea, it's ok if you kill Sinding, if you let him live though then Bloated Man's Grotto doesn't revert back to it's pre-Ill Met By Moonlight version.
---
AKA: Valadez