Would you buy the next Elder Scrolls if...

#11AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:47:34 PM
Well, what about The Witcher's combat, guys? Do you think it would fit in a TES game? I just want something different, I love the games but the combat is so freaking bad. :(
#12JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 12:27:19 AM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Well, what about The Witcher's combat, guys? Do you think it would fit in a TES game? I just want something different, I love the games but the combat is so freaking bad. :(

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim

Take a look at those ratings. Obviously the combat is either completely forgivable or is not as bad as you claim.
---
Where the **** are my hard boiled eggs?!
#13AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:04:35 AM
JohnRyan1228 posted...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim

Take a look at those ratings. Obviously the combat is either completely forgivable or is not as bad as you claim.

It's pretty bad in my opinion, but obviously some people enjoy it or think it fits the style of this game best, I just wanted to know if people would prefer to have a different combat, similar to Dark Souls/The Witcher or not, that's all. I'm not trying to bash the game, I love Skyrim but I hate it's combat.
#14PathlessBulletPosted 1/22/2013 8:23:07 AM
Xydru posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Lol no

Why? Please don't tell me you think Skyrim's combat is actually good.

It's more because Dark Souls combat is over rated, and also because it doesn't fit into TES style of games.

Whoa. So much wrong in your opinion.....

You no longer get to have one. Next.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#15JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 8:27:58 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
Xydru posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Lol no

It's more because Dark Souls combat is over rated, and also because it doesn't fit into TES style of games.

*facepalm* I don't agree therefore your argument is invalid
---
#16PathlessBulletPosted 1/22/2013 8:30:43 AM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Xydru posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Lol no

*facepalm* I don't agree therefore your argument is invalid

Ignorant and ill formed opinions don't get to be opinions. What he said is something referred to as "blabbered nonsense".
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#17JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 8:34:38 AM
Or maybe that its just how he feels and some ppl agree with him. To be fair I never played ds so I domt have an opinion on it, but he is entitled to his.
---
#18auldfhartePosted 1/22/2013 9:36:33 AM
I don't want all my games to have similar combat. They would lose their individual flavor. I play dark souls ,but I'm fine with TES combat
---
"I have a cunning plan..." Blackadder
#19WhereDidItGoPosted 1/22/2013 9:52:18 AM
Nope. I picked up Dark Souls cheap at a K-mart going out of business sale to see what all the hype was about, and honestly I wasn't that impressed by it.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#20chicken8orPosted 1/22/2013 9:53:44 AM
GriffRoberts posted...
I've never played Dark Souls, but if I did, the experience is probably ruined for me because I'll forever be comparing it to Skyrim.

I enjoyed Dark Souls more than Skyrim. That being said, The Elder Scrolls is still a better series when EVERYTHING is considered.

I like the combat and initial difficulty of Dark Souls more though. After you get used to the combat you can start making the game fight itself though. After about 15 playthroughs I can walk through the game with very, very little resistance now, but that will happen with any game given enough time.

I highly recommend giving Dark Souls a playthrough. Some people are butthurt for no reason when it comes to Dark Souls.

Is it the best game ever made? No.
Is it a welcomed diversion from mainstream crap that holds the players hand the whole time? Yes.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8