Would you buy the next Elder Scrolls if...

#21xoAxeloxPosted 1/22/2013 8:58:11 AM
if anybody thinks TES games have good combat you're either a blind fanboy or a str8 up idiot

demons/dark souls does have a good combat system but tbh i still dont think it would mesh well with a TES game
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#22NicodaemosPosted 1/22/2013 9:04:17 AM
demons/dark souls does have a good combat system but tbh i still dont think it would mesh well with a TES game

This. I think there are a lot of improvements that can be made to the combat, without having to turn it into something else entirely.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#23My_Momma_SaidPosted 1/22/2013 9:11:39 AM
xoAxelox posted...
if anybody thinks TES games have good combat you're either a blind fanboy or a str8 up idiot

Good thing your opinion carries no more weight than theirs then, cause you don't seem like quite the mental giant yourself there. Don't want you pulling anything.
#24plagueartPosted 1/22/2013 9:29:20 AM
Don't need to change the combat completely, just adjust the stupidly inflated HP values on enemies. And fix the god damn bugs.
---
The poodle bites. The poodle chews it.
#25MixorzPosted 1/22/2013 10:20:58 AM
Hells to the yeah. Dark Souls was epic and deep and awesome. More than th R mashing fest. Time TES became an actual RPG again.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#26JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 10:22:35 AM
Mixorz posted...
Hells to the yeah. Dark Souls was epic and deep and awesome. More than th R mashing fest. Time TES became an actual RPG again.

Because it hasn't always had the current combat system or a more mediocre version of it.
---
Where the **** are my hard boiled eggs?!
#27Ignignot_ErPosted 1/22/2013 10:25:02 AM
I like Dark Souls combat as much as the next guy but it wouldn't fit TES at all. That's not to say that I wouldn't like a revamped combat system as long as they don't spend too many resources on it.

The only thing id like to see from Dark Souls is the parry/riposte system.
#28MixorzPosted 1/22/2013 10:27:40 AM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Mixorz posted...

Because it hasn't always had the current combat system or a more mediocre version of it.

Not really, Morrowind was more about dice rolls, which are at RPG roots. It's okay that TES has become a mindless hack and slash meant for the CoD bro crowd. Just call a duck a duk here.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#29SKYR1MPosted 1/22/2013 10:28:28 AM
The Elder Souls
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#30JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 10:30:23 AM
Mixorz posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Mixorz posted...

Not really, Morrowind was more about dice rolls, which are at RPG roots. It's okay that TES has become a mindless hack and slash meant for the CoD bro crowd. Just call a duck a duk here.

Morrowinds combat was absolutely horrid. You want to revamp combat, fine. But that combat system was nonsense.
---
Where the **** are my hard boiled eggs?!