Would you buy the next Elder Scrolls if...

#41lightfighterPosted 1/22/2013 11:55:34 AM
No
#42MixorzPosted 1/22/2013 11:56:50 AM
lightfighter posted...
No

Yup, don't be mad, play some big boy RPGs then you might learn Skyrims place.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#43Gamer_X27Posted 1/22/2013 11:58:13 AM
Mixorz posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...
Mixorz posted...
If you don't want an RPG go play GTA or Cowadoody. It's people like you are why games are being dumbed down these days.

Slightly off topic, what RPG's do you enjoy?

All types. Some are different, some are better than others. Skyrims like bottom of the barrel stuff.

...examples?
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#44MaroziPosted 1/22/2013 11:59:25 AM
Hell the &*Q@ no.
---
Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#45MixorzPosted 1/22/2013 12:00:49 PM
Gamer_X27 posted...
Mixorz posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...
Mixorz posted...
If you don't want an RPG go play GTA or Cowadoody. It's people like you are why games are being dumbed down these days.

Slightly off topic, what RPG's do you enjoy?

All types. Some are different, some are better than others. Skyrims like bottom of the barrel stuff.

...examples?

Think of an RPG. I've played it. Mad bro?
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
#46PathlessBulletPosted 1/22/2013 12:04:42 PM
Mixorz posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Mixorz posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
Mixorz posted...
Hells to the yeah. Dark Souls was epic and deep and awesome. More than th R mashing fest. Time TES became an actual RPG again.

Because it hasn't always had the current combat system or a more mediocre version of it.

Not really, Morrowind was more about dice rolls, which are at RPG roots. It's okay that TES has become a mindless hack and slash meant for the CoD bro crowd. Just call a duck a duk here.

Morrowinds combat was absolutely horrid. You want to revamp combat, fine. But that combat system was nonsense.

Was the best and most RPGesque combat in the series. Again Bethesda wanted to attract non gamers and dumbed the combat down to baddlefeel and Cowadoody levels. Even leveling up has been replaced with perks. So yeah Skyrim is an open world button masher. God forbid we want gameplay with actual depth.

I think Perks can add potentially more depth than other more traditional systems.... they just have to.... ya know.... not be +100% damage 1337 uber YOLO perks.

FO:NV did it right.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#47Gamer_X27Posted 1/22/2013 12:10:11 PM
Mixorz posted...

Gamer_X27 posted...
...examples?

---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#48TheBestFallerPosted 1/22/2013 12:13:27 PM
Forget Dark Souls. If you want to re-vamp the combat, Bethesda could learn a thing or two from Dead Island's Analog controls. IMO, that would be a welcome improvement that would still mesh with the rest of the experience.
---
I shoulda listened to 'em cause it all made sense, burn the bodies, burn the clothes, burn up all the evidence.
#49MixorzPosted 1/22/2013 12:14:38 PM
Gamer_X27 posted...
Mixorz posted...

Gamer_X27 posted...
...examples?

I'm not going to list every RPG I've ever played, I've played over 1,000 including pen and paper RPGs. I know what an RPG is and Skyrim is not an RPG. Sorry kid next time you want to buy an RPG with your allowance find out what an RPG is and stop defending non RPGs.
---
#50JohnRyan1228Posted 1/22/2013 12:15:52 PM
darkportal785 posted...
JohnRyan is literally arguing with Mixorz.

A known troll.

/popcorn

I cant keep track of who all these trolls are. I need u to b my eyes on this stuff.
---
Where the **** are my hard boiled eggs?!