Where Do You Want The Next ES Game?

#1GruffyMcGuinessPosted 1/22/2013 12:02:34 PM
I'm hoping for Valenwood even though I highly doubt that will happen. How cool does this sound? (from UESPWiki) "Before man or mer came to Valenwood, it was home to a salmagundi of creatures and strange civilizations. Centaurs, hippogriffs, satyrs, minotaurs, giants, basilisks, fairy folk, hydra, and intelligent apes all flourished there before the first Aldmeri stepped onto its shores."

I've always played as a Wood Elf and would love being in a foresty/jungle like province much more than mountains and snow.

What do y'all think?
#2TheBestFallerPosted 1/22/2013 12:04:05 PM
Seeing as how Bosmer and Khajiit are my favs, Valenwood or Elswyr would be great. I'd even accept them together in one game if there too small to support their own game.
---
I shoulda listened to 'em cause it all made sense, burn the bodies, burn the clothes, burn up all the evidence.
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 1/22/2013 12:06:00 PM
Summerset Isles.
#4GruffyMcGuiness(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:07:06 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Seeing as how Bosmer and Khajiit are my favs, Valenwood or Elswyr would be great. I'd even accept them together in one game if there too small to support their own game.
I'd be fine with that. I'd also like the Black Marsh but it doesn't seem like they could do anything with it. Plus I think I read only Argonians can live there.
#5chicken8orPosted 1/22/2013 12:15:02 PM
Unfortunately, the only way they can do Valenwood or Black Marsh is by taking away from the lore. They would have to have something happen so that they could disregard many of the aspects that make those provinces unique.

They won't be able to incorporate the migrating forests of Valenwood or the creatures that make Black Marsh so amazing.

Seriously, look into the lore of Black Marsh. There are some terrifying things living in those swamps. All of the races can live in Black Marsh, they will just have one hell of a time actually surviving and living a reasonable life.

Vvardenfell was an alien looking area in Morrowind, but that came from textures and building architecture. They didn't really incorporate anything near what Black Marsh and Valenwood would need. Netches were cool though.

I just think they have written themselves into a corner and that's why we have visited Skyrim and an altered Cyrodiil. They were easy to render. They turned Cyrodiil from a swamp region into a medieval forest just so they could render it for gaming purposes.

I don't know what to expect from the next games.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#6RebelElite791Posted 1/22/2013 1:46:53 PM
Hammerfell and/or High Rock.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#7TheeKingOsirisPosted 1/22/2013 1:49:48 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Summerset Isles.

With boats you can sail around in.
---
...zzz...
#8HaganPosted 1/22/2013 1:58:20 PM
TheBestFaller posted...

---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#9DzxSaintsPosted 1/22/2013 3:24:17 PM
I would definitely like Valenwood, considering how the Bosmer get no love in Skyrim.

By the time that Elder Scrolls VI comes out, I would hope that the migrating city/tree would be possible, but you never know...
---
Xbox GT: lGunterl
#10nytecrawlaPosted 1/22/2013 3:29:17 PM
I would like to think that they could render Valenwood with the new unreal tech, but if they get sloppy and try to make it a launch title for a system it will be underwhelming to say the least.

I want to see Valenwood, Blackmarsh or Hammerfell, but I think they need to wait until the new tech is at least 2 years old before they start trying to develop on it. If we can assume that Xbox 720 drops in 2014 or 2015, that gives us a 2018 release, around 6 years or so, which is close to the wait we had from Oblivion to Skyrim.

But I think they will try to force it out early, like Oblivion, and it will be subpar compared to what the tech is capable of.

Just an opinion, no more or less important than what any one else will post. Have a great day.
---
Well don't that just beat all?