Where Do You Want The Next ES Game?

#21MoonBoundPosted 1/29/2013 2:57:36 AM
I want a new fantasy but if it has to be another elder scrolls Mty biggest concern is balance and make fix the exploit problem bring back spell crafting but balance it, and add some new trees for crying out loud, magical bard abilities or pet mastery something we need more flavor and bring a better melee system I want some freaken combos every free roam rpg is doing this now time to update besthedia and more melee moves oh and more thing add magical arrows ice fire and lightning.

Ps add some real unique and epic armors ans weapons that stand out and add one with purple pulsing flames.
#22SoulOfFaythPosted 1/29/2013 2:59:52 AM
Valenwood or Black Marsh but that won't happen. It'll probably be High Rock or Hammerfell.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#23Ajd_KingPosted 1/29/2013 3:11:56 AM(edited)
Hammerfell.

- Easy to make a map out of (squarish, none of High Rock's juttiness).
- Potential to make the Dominion the main enemy.
- Potential for another 'special PC'.
- Plenty of environments to use.
- Human, easy to handle the culture of the place.

In my ideal world it'd be a Black Marsh game done right, but I doubt that will ever happen, so I'd rather them do human provinces.
#24nathraxhPosted 1/29/2013 3:35:13 AM
I'd hate another "Special PC." What I loved about Oblivion was that, despite all the questions surrounding your origins and the whole appearing-in-Patric-Stewart's-dreams, you seem, for the most part, to be completely normal. Every achievement you make, every fight you win, is won off the back of your own ability. The only thing setting you above the average bandit is your skill and determination.

Being Dragonborn means that every fight you win, you win because you're the goddamned Dragonborn. Any time you succeed at anything, it's because of Akatosh, not your own ability. You are weak and pathetic, and your achievements count for nothing. Even if you don't use shouts, the prophecy exists. The most fun thing to do in Skyrim is to never tell the Jarl about Helgen. No dragons means no Greybeards and no Greybeards means no shouts. You continue to be Average Joe, but Average Joe with his own achievements.

Even being the Nerevarine pisses me off a bit.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#25RebelElite791Posted 1/29/2013 12:03:57 PM
nathraxh posted...
I'd hate another "Special PC." What I loved about Oblivion was that, despite all the questions surrounding your origins and the whole appearing-in-Patric-Stewart's-dreams, you seem, for the most part, to be completely normal. Every achievement you make, every fight you win, is won off the back of your own ability. The only thing setting you above the average bandit is your skill and determination.

Being Dragonborn means that every fight you win, you win because you're the goddamned Dragonborn. Any time you succeed at anything, it's because of Akatosh, not your own ability. You are weak and pathetic, and your achievements count for nothing. Even if you don't use shouts, the prophecy exists. The most fun thing to do in Skyrim is to never tell the Jarl about Helgen. No dragons means no Greybeards and no Greybeards means no shouts. You continue to be Average Joe, but Average Joe with his own achievements.

Being Dragonborn gives you no special powers aside from shouting.

That aside, no, that's not why you win fights.

And every Hero is more than the average person, including the CoC. So you should hate him too.

If you don't like the "chosen Hero" aspect, maybe you should find a new series.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#26nathraxhPosted 1/29/2013 1:25:42 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
nathraxh posted...

Being Dragonborn gives you no special powers aside from shouting.

That aside, no, that's not why you win fights.

And every Hero is more than the average person, including the CoC. So you should hate him too.

If you don't like the "chosen Hero" aspect, maybe you should find a new series.

Shouting, on its own is way, way too much extra power for me. Personal preference.

It might not be be why you win fights, but it's how you win fights, and is completely inseparable from why you have the confidence to get into fights in the first place. Sure, there's nothing forcing you to use it, but logically, if a character was losing a fight and he had the ability to do that, he's gonna do it. If one has a death ray in one's pocket and one gets into a life-or-death knife fight, were one to start losing, one would pull out the death ray. More over, it's debatable whether most people would even risk getting into a knife fight without the comfy reassurance of a death ray in their pocket. But ultimately, you'd never know, because they can't just put down the death ray.

I'm fully aware of the CoC's status, but why should I hate him? He's the lesser of the three "evils" (bit strong, but you get the idea) I mentioned (I haven't properly played Arena or Daggerfall), so hating him is like hating the bullet hole that's spurting the least blood. I preferred him because he doesn't have quite as large a death ray as the Dragonborn, or even, from what I can tell so far from my limited adventures across Vvardenfell, the Nerevarine.

As for your last point, this is the one I'm gonna call ridiculous on. Abandoning the series because I don't like one aspect? I'm sure there's loads of people who've played an Elder Scrolls game for a few weeks, got to one specific quest and said "that sucks! I'm gonna ignore everything I love about this game and its series, every fantastic, unique aspect of choice and character-building, and never play it again! All because of this one little thing that I hate!" Sure, the "chosen Hero" thing is an important part of how the story works, but it still pales in comparison to every drop of awesome pouring from this game.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#27ggrissomPosted 1/29/2013 1:56:55 PM
In my pants.
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#28mandalore2385Posted 1/29/2013 2:22:46 PM
nathraxh posted...

...As for your last point, this is the one I'm gonna call ridiculous on. Abandoning the series because I don't like one aspect? I'm sure there's loads of people who've played an Elder Scrolls game for a few weeks, got to one specific quest and said "that sucks! I'm gonna ignore everything I love about this game and its series, every fantastic, unique aspect of choice and character-building, and never play it again! All because of this one little thing that I hate!" Sure, the "chosen Hero" thing is an important part of how the story works, but it still pales in comparison to every drop of awesome pouring from this game.

But being the "chosen one" is is what The Elder Scrolls is all about. The Elder Scrolls contain prophecies of some catastrophe that only the main character can prevent/halt/delay. Only the Nerevarine could have defeated Dagoth Ur. Only the CoC could have brought about the events to allow Martin/Akatosh to defeat Mehrunes Dagon. Only the Dragonborn could have defeated Alduin.
#29nathraxhPosted 1/29/2013 2:27:44 PM
mandalore2385 posted...
nathraxh posted...

...As for your last point, this is the one I'm gonna call ridiculous on. Abandoning the series because I don't like one aspect? I'm sure there's loads of people who've played an Elder Scrolls game for a few weeks, got to one specific quest and said "that sucks! I'm gonna ignore everything I love about this game and its series, every fantastic, unique aspect of choice and character-building, and never play it again! All because of this one little thing that I hate!" Sure, the "chosen Hero" thing is an important part of how the story works, but it still pales in comparison to every drop of awesome pouring from this game.

But being the "chosen one" is is what The Elder Scrolls is all about. The Elder Scrolls contain prophecies of some catastrophe that only the main character can prevent/halt/delay. Only the Nerevarine could have defeated Dagoth Ur. Only the CoC could have brought about the events to allow Martin/Akatosh to defeat Mehrunes Dagon. Only the Dragonborn could have defeated Alduin.

I'm going to assume you didn't fully read the paragraph you quoted.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#30songofish99Posted 1/29/2013 2:55:45 PM
I understand how Valenwood might be tough to render - but at least it'll be a fresh environment.

We've seen plains and mountains and all that. High Rock and Hammerfell would be more of the same. We've never had a jungle or desert setting really.