how to make bound sword viable?

#1KoRiy5000Posted 1/23/2013 11:38:51 AM
i want to make a char that only uses bound weapons but the sword is so weak im getting manhandled by bandit chiefs.

i have 1 fortify one handed enchant on my gauntlets and one hand at 100 with the 5 perks to boost damage but it still only does around 60 damage.

also already have the conjuation perk to boost the weapons but still real weak.

and tips/suggestions?
thanks in advance
#2jammymacsterPosted 1/23/2013 11:44:18 AM
Add more Fortify One-handed enchantments. You can apply the enchantment to amulets, rings, gauntlets/gloves and boots.

Or you could use Fortify One-handed potions in difficult situations.
---
AKA: Valadez
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 1/23/2013 11:46:58 AM(edited)
Dual Wield them.

60 x 2 = 120 Damage
#4ilapostaPosted 1/23/2013 11:46:28 AM
Get your conjuration up higher and you will get more damage out of your weapon. I use bound bow and when you max out the magic skill you do good damage. Add the enchated gear and you will 1 shot bandits in no time.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#5turn_basedPosted 1/23/2013 11:47:33 AM
Dual-wield is a must. I don't have any problems.

Since when is 60 damage so bad anyway???
---
Redguards Rule!
#6jammymacsterPosted 1/23/2013 11:47:58 AM
ilaposta posted...
Get your conjuration up higher and you will get more damage out of your weapon. I use bound bow and when you max out the magic skill you do good damage. Add the enchated gear and you will 1 shot bandits in no time.

The Conjuration skill itself doesn't raise bound weapon damage. Just the Mystic Binding perk.
---
AKA: Valadez
#7XydruPosted 1/23/2013 11:48:58 AM
There's also poison.
---
CharDee MacDennis, the Game of Games
#8theonyxphoenixPosted 1/23/2013 11:53:25 AM
With Dragonborn DLC and no looping you can achieve fortify one handed +224%. With a One-Handed Skill of 334 that gives you a +167% damage increase which is around 37 damage or 74 with Armsman 5/5. Dual wield them for increased damage.

You can also use poisons as mentioned.

(I think my math is right)
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#9ilapostaPosted 1/23/2013 12:00:33 PM
jammymacster posted...
ilaposta posted...

The Conjuration skill itself doesn't raise bound weapon damage. Just the Mystic Binding perk.

I cant say for sure that this sounds wrong but when I initially get bound bow, regardless of archery perks used, it is weaker than when I level up conjuration. It might be my imagination but that is how it seems to work for me. If I remember correctly the bow changes as you level up the skill. You start with a normal bow but by level 100 it is a deadric bow which does more damage than a long bow.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#10KoRiy5000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:04:47 PM
turn_based posted...
Dual-wield is a must. I don't have any problems.

Since when is 60 damage so bad anyway???

endgame 60 is the equivalent of using a dagger for full on combat. i just need it around 100, nothing crazy