Vampire Lord, Followers, Hidden Vampire Lord Armor

#1theonyxphoenixPosted 1/23/2013 11:45:19 AM
When attempting to see if the werewolf/follower glitch would work with Vampire Lord (which it does) I discovered that when you transform you are equipped with hidden Vampire Lord Armor. This armor has 0 armor, a weight of 1, no enchantments, but can be enchanted. The best part is that you can equip it with another set of armor without any special action. Give the armor to your follower and then revert and take it back. Just select them both in your menu. The Vampire Armor is invisible if worn alone and does not inhibit Mage Armor from activating. It seems to create a new set each time you transform if you don't have one in your inventory.

Trying to figure out the logistics here but...

It is the golden spinal adornment and belt/loincloth that can be removed. If you have it in your inventory equipped prior to transforming then you will transform normally. If you do not have it equipped then you will automatically equip it but will have an armor value of 0 in Vampire Lord form unless you use the glitch to remove it in the trading menu and reequip it.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#2ilapostaPosted 1/23/2013 11:50:45 AM
Can you please explain to me how to remove it exactly so I can try this myself. Also is it enchantable after it is removed?

If one can enchant the armor then this could potentially make for 1 bad ass Mother F*****
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#3theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:57:17 AM
ilaposta posted...
Can you please explain to me how to remove it exactly so I can try this myself. Also is it enchantable after it is removed?

If one can enchant the armor then this could potentially make for 1 bad ass Mother F*****

Have Vampire Lord selected on your powers button. Have a follower that won't attack you upon transformation (and do it in a secluded area, obviously). I used Lydia.

Face Lydia and simultaneously press A to initiate dialogue with her and press your transformation button. You should begin conversing and then see the "shockwave". It may take a few tries.

You can then access the "I need to trade some things with you" menu. At this point you can equip any and/or all of your carried equipment at the same time with no limits and gain benefits from them all. 10 rings...necklaces, armor, whatever.

Here you can see the Vampire Lord Armor. Just elect to give it to your follower. Cancel the trading menu, and then revert. Reengage with your follower and take the armor from their inventory.

Again, it provides no armor or enchantments but you can custom enchant it yourself. When you transform it will be equipped but you will lose it from your inventory when you revert. I'm not sure if the custom enchantments will remain in VL form or when you retransform.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#4ilapostaPosted 1/23/2013 12:04:33 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
ilaposta posted...

Have Vampire Lord selected on your powers button. Have a follower that won't attack you upon transformation (and do it in a secluded area, obviously). I used Lydia.

Face Lydia and simultaneously press A to initiate dialogue with her and press your transformation button. You should begin conversing and then see the "shockwave". It may take a few tries.

You can then access the "I need to trade some things with you" menu. At this point you can equip any and/or all of your carried equipment at the same time with no limits and gain benefits from them all. 10 rings...necklaces, armor, whatever.

Here you can see the Vampire Lord Armor. Just elect to give it to your follower. Cancel the trading menu, and then revert. Reengage with your follower and take the armor from their inventory.

Again, it provides no armor or enchantments but you can custom enchant it yourself. When you transform it will be equipped but you will lose it from your inventory when you revert. I'm not sure if the custom enchantments will remain in VL form or when you retransform.

Thanks. You are a great resource of information. I think it was you also on the bound weapon conversation as well. I might be mistaken but it seems like it gets stronger as you upgrade conjuration.

At any rate thank you and you really are a good man for helping us out as we need it. Love the sticky too!!
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#5theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:07:43 PM
It also appears to be what gives you your increase in health as a vampire lord.

As for enchantments. If you have a VLA with enchantments when you transform you will lose the enchantments on them as they will be replaced by a normal set.
---
#6agentspoonPosted 1/23/2013 1:02:43 PM
Interesting find.

Naked Vampire Lord FTW!
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#7clownsePosted 1/23/2013 1:38:36 PM
Phoenix, could you test this please?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65137419?page=1

Or if you have any real knowledge on the matter, could you please enlighten me?

I've seen it talked about, but it seems no one has actually tested it before.

Thank you.
#8clownsePosted 1/23/2013 1:45:09 PM
Also, on the subject of the actual exploit, could you in theory equip all the amulets/necklaces you want, including the Gauldur amulet, revert form, drink a fortify restoration 500%+ potion, and equip an amulet of Talos?

Would I be able to wear 2+ amulets/necklaces this way and have unlimited shouts?

Thanks for any input.
#9clownsePosted 1/23/2013 2:22:47 PM
Bump.
#10theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:22:57 PM
clownse posted...
Also, on the subject of the actual exploit, could you in theory equip all the amulets/necklaces you want, including the Gauldur amulet, revert form, drink a fortify restoration 500%+ potion, and equip an amulet of Talos?

Would I be able to wear 2+ amulets/necklaces this way and have unlimited shouts?

Thanks for any input.

You can stack up to three amulets, the Gauldur glitch won't work. Check the UI sticky page 3 to find out how.
---