Two things I would like to see in future DLC

#81XydruPosted 1/26/2013 12:07:08 PM
vavaboom posted...
After seeing what happened to Alduin being thrown a few thousand (or hundred?) years into the future, it is possible something similar could happen with the dwemer.

Whether Bethesda would ever go down that route, I'm not so sure. The whole vibe with the Dwemer is their utterly mysterious disappearance which lends the ruins a sense of fascination at how the machinery and everything still works.

Please, learn to read the topic before you post.

We know what happened, it's not mysterious. The dwemer are never coming back.
---
... and that was the second time I got crabs.
#82SunsetPhantomPosted 1/26/2013 12:34:53 PM
It might as well still be mysterious since some people still don't know for whatever reason. They don't even have to go to TIL, the answer is all over this board...
---
http://tinyurl.com/aeadm3b
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. ~ Bill Cosby
#83XanderRingePosted 1/26/2013 2:25:12 PM
Okay, so I played both Morrowind and Oblivion for only a few hours before I fell off a 5 ft rock and died and lost most of my progress in Morrowind and all of it in Oblivion. I know. I'm an idiot and should have kept playing them before dropping them like a newb. But whatever.

I freaking love Skyrim, though. Insane fun. Minus all the grinding... Grr...

So, I have no idea about the lore or history of the world, and have no clue what is going on in this topic, but it is hilarious. People get so bent out of shape over a fantasy world. I get that the real one we live in sucks and it is so easy to get lost in some of these fantastic worlds, but the real world is, ya know, REAL. And Nirn is, ya know, NOT REAL.
---
Am I the only one who sees Tony Stark for the villain he truly is?
#84Carruth81Posted 1/26/2013 2:48:50 PM
Ok first off the Dwemer dont NEED to come back. If you want steampunk TES (still technically a fantasy setting) then all Beth has to do is make some bright spark who figured out how to reverse-engineer Dwemer tech, thus, making it available.
Next, it is explained, IN THE FREAKING GAME, that all the events of the previous TES games have been a domino effect leading to the events of this game, Alduins return, possible early end of the world. They are stand-alone games but the theres a larger story being told here.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#85XanderRingePosted 1/26/2013 2:56:25 PM
Carruth81 posted...
Ok first off the Dwemer dont NEED to come back. If you want steampunk TES (still technically a fantasy setting) then all Beth has to do is make some bright spark who figured out how to reverse-engineer Dwemer tech, thus, making it available.
Next, it is explained, IN THE FREAKING GAME, that all the events of the previous TES games have been a domino effect leading to the events of this game, Alduins return, possible early end of the world. They are stand-alone games but the theres a larger story being told here.

"And what of this world?"

"I like this world."

The gist of the conversation between Paarthurnax and the Dragonborn after Paarthurnax says something about the end of this world making way for a new world. I love that part.

Good point, though, about the Dwemer Tech.
---
Am I the only one who sees Tony Stark for the villain he truly is?
#86PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:06:03 PM
A Falmer uprising would be pretty neat too.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#87Carruth81Posted 1/26/2013 4:09:02 PM
PharoahPelican posted...

Yeah but then wed have people comlaining about falmer killing off npcs instead of dragons or vamps.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#88PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:20:55 PM
Carruth81 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...

Yeah but then wed have people comlaining about falmer killing off npcs instead of dragons or vamps.

It's dangerous to be a Skyrim NPC.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#89SHADOW0106Posted 1/26/2013 10:37:41 PM
KoRiy5000 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
I'm also not that up on the lore of Elder Scrolls but how do Morrowind and Oblivion tie into Skyrim? I thought they were all independent, standalone titles where the stories made sense without playing the previous one.

the fortune teller in bloodmoon tells you the plot of oblivion

Can you post a you tube link?
---
Can my ego help you GT SHAD0W 4500
#90KoRiy5000Posted 1/26/2013 10:51:43 PM
SHADOW0106 posted...
KoRiy5000 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
I'm also not that up on the lore of Elder Scrolls but how do Morrowind and Oblivion tie into Skyrim? I thought they were all independent, standalone titles where the stories made sense without playing the previous one.

the fortune teller in bloodmoon tells you the plot of oblivion

Can you post a you tube link?

not youtube but:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Easter_Eggs

"The Prophecy of Oddfrid White-Lip

If you do The Sad Seer quest after you finished the Main Quest, Oddfrid White-Lip will predict your future. She will say (through her friend Geilir the Mumbling): When the dragon dies, the Empire dies. Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire? And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide?.

The meaning of these words has remained a mystery until the countdown of Oblivion, when the full prophecy of Oddfrid White-Lip appeared in a series of splash screens at the Official Elder Scrolls site (see www.elderscrolls.com/splash/index_08.htm...www.elderscrolls.com/splash/index_01.htm). The full prophecy says:

When the dragon dies, the Empire dies.
Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire?
And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide?
So long as the Blood of the Dragon Prince runs strong in her rulers, the glory of the Empire shall extend in unbroken years.
His heart's blood bleeds in darkness
For once the portals are opened, who shall shut them upon the rising tide?
For Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters of Oblivion.
Find him... and close shut the marble jaws of Oblivion.

The dragon refers to the Septim Emperors, in this case Uriel Septim, and the dragon's blood to his heir. The void is a synonym of Oblivion, and blood tide refers to the Daedric horde coming out of the portals. The next line remarks the need to find the Septim heir, as Dragon Prince is Tiber Septim, the Dragonborn, and her refers to the Empire. Finally, in the last line, him refers to the lost heir, telling what you need to do to close the gates.

And the last line, excluding the word 'marble', are the last words of Uriel Septim on the Oblivion Trailer, and the movie that plays when the game is left too long without loading a save file. They are, in fact, the very last words ever spoken by Uriel Septim."