Know what this game needs? (spoilers within)

#1drumble89Posted 1/24/2013 7:48:48 PM
More dialogue options.

Now, I'm not trying to turn it into a Bioware game or anything, but it seems so silly to only provide one dialogue option for a character that could hold an infinite amount of traits (assassin/thief/warrior/mage/hunter/cannibal etc).

Example: Boethiah's quest.

I befriended someone, led them to her altar, sacrificed them, slaughtered all her followers, went to a camp and assassinated everyone there.

Now I doing the 'Darklight Tower' quest. I see this female mage kill another mage in a fight. And my only dialogue options are: 'You killed that woman!' followed by 'Why did she need to die?' As if I'm judging her for killing one person, after I just killed dozens unjustly.
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 1/24/2013 7:50:08 PM
I concur.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3master_gamr1231Posted 1/24/2013 7:51:07 PM
Still better than games like GTA IV, where you can just begin a mission after blowing up everything and everyone in a five block radius with missiles and listen to Niko wax poetic about how he regrets his violent past.

Not that it's a bad game, but there's a real disconnect between gameplay and story.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#4SchesparnPosted 1/24/2013 7:51:23 PM
I think this is most people's objection to the Paarthurnax quest. Only one solution, and a rather distasteful one. No diplomacy.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#5Smackdowner1Posted 1/24/2013 8:30:26 PM
drumble89 posted...
More dialogue options.

Now, I'm not trying to turn it into a Bioware game or anything, but it seems so silly to only provide one dialogue option for a character that could hold an infinite amount of traits (assassin/thief/warrior/mage/hunter/cannibal etc).

I befriended someone, led them to her altar, sacrificed them, slaughtered all her followers, went to a camp and assassinated everyone there.

Now I doing the 'Darklight Tower' quest. I see this female mage kill another mage in a fight. And my only dialogue options are: 'You killed that woman!' followed by 'Why did she need to die?' As if I'm judging her for killing one person, after I just killed dozens unjustly.

The character doesn't speak, so you don't really know he's judging her. He could just be making an observation, and then wanting to know more.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#6RebelElite791Posted 1/24/2013 8:31:31 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
drumble89 posted...
More dialogue options.

The character doesn't speak, so you don't really know he's judging her. He could just be making an observation, and then wanting to know more.

Yeah, I dont think asking why someone needed to die is "judging" when you dont know the circumstances....
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#7AnytePosted 1/24/2013 8:40:35 PM
I miss having sarcastic jerk dialog options.
#8Kyuubi4269Posted 1/24/2013 8:45:27 PM
Anyte posted...
I miss having sarcastic jerk dialog options.

---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
#9drumble89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:50:22 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
drumble89 posted...
More dialogue options.

Yeah, I dont think asking why someone needed to die is "judging" when you dont know the circumstances....

Fair enough, not necessarily saying my character was judging, just that it gave that impression.
But it wouldn't be so hard to include 2 or 3 options for it:

Generic good response (How could you murder someone like that?!)
Generic response (You killed that woman!'
Generic tough response (You've got 10 seconds to explain yourself or you'll end up like her)

They kind of do it with the daedric quests anyway, you have the option to give responses that show your faith and loyalty to the prince, or a response that shows your arrogance and disregard for their stature.
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89