The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Revised and Expanded Strategy Guide for $11 Worth It?

#1pladiumPosted 1/25/2013 11:41:14 AM
I've also posted this in the PS3 Board, but anyway.

I've had a preorder for the Hyrule Historia book for ages now, and I went to another book website that were also taking preorders and would also offer free shipping if I added something to my cart. I've been interested in the Skyrim guide for a while, and with a $5 dollar off coupon code and the free shipping, I'd only be paying about 11 dollars more than I'd have paid just for the HH from Amazong to get the Revised and Expanded edition of the guide. Would you say this is worth it?
---
Josh is Legend
#2WinkingBalotellPosted 1/25/2013 12:03:47 PM
I've never seen any guides, but I can't see them having anything that either of the wikis doesn't cover.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#3pladium(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:06:27 PM
my whole point in wanting one was because I hate navigating online guides. I've downloaded pdf eguides and put them on my tablet but they're so inconvenient to navigate through. I've played 100-120 hours of the game through multiple characters, so I havent beaten it, but I'm not new to the game.
---
Josh is Legend
#4SKYR1MPosted 1/25/2013 12:06:43 PM
Just look the things up on the Internet if you don't know what to do... That's what I do.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#5SKYR1MPosted 1/25/2013 12:08:04 PM
pladium posted...
my whole point in wanting one was because I hate navigating online guides. I've downloaded pdf eguides and put them on my tablet but they're so inconvenient to navigate through. I've played 100-120 hours of the game through multiple characters, so I havent beaten it, but I'm not new to the game.

Well then.... If Internet isn't good for you then I guess $11 is a good deal.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#6XydruPosted 1/25/2013 12:08:45 PM
I can't see it having anything actually useful.. As in, something you wouldn't figure out on your own by just playing..
---
CharDee MacDennis, the Game of Games
#720ME2cmpnvetPosted 1/25/2013 12:10:48 PM
How do people have problems using or navigating either wiki?

They have search bars
---
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
--Not Changing till Spring. It's cold outside.--
#8pladium(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:13:14 PM
20ME2cmpnvet posted...

They have search bars

its more so, the guide shows you everything, where as the wiki, you'd need to know what you were looking for, so I think it would be pretty easy to miss a side quest or something
---
Josh is Legend
#9masterdave81Posted 1/25/2013 12:18:08 PM
I own the guide and enjoy having it. It is true that the guide doesn't have anything that can't be found online, but my computer is in another room from where I play games, so having a physical book right there makes it easier for me to look up out of the way things I probably never would found on my own.
#10XydruPosted 1/25/2013 12:21:53 PM(edited)
pladium posted...
20ME2cmpnvet posted...

They have search bars

its more so, the guide shows you everything, where as the wiki, you'd need to know what you were looking for, so I think it would be pretty easy to miss a side quest or something

You don't need to know what you're looking for. It's all laid out for you
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

Just click the general topic of what you're looking for (quests items places skills magic etc) and you'll find it, or something interesting.

If you want the book though, just buy the thing.
---
CharDee MacDennis, the Game of Games