Revised and Expanded Strategy Guide for $11 Worth It?

#11obishawnPosted 1/25/2013 1:33:49 PM
The guide is good and $11 is a good deal.

I have all three guides (for collector's purposes). The guides do have some good area maps, which I find to be more useful than any of the maps online.

The websites, particularly UESP and this very board, does have the advantage of being live. Once the strategy guide is published, it is what it is. But with patches and updates and new glitches and new discoveries being made pretty frequently, better and more up-to-date info can be found online.
---
Winter is coming
#12TurboReaperPosted 1/25/2013 3:30:31 PM
I actually regret buying the guide when I got Skyrim. I mean, it's pretty and all, but outside of giving the location of each shout I found it pretty pointless.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#13pladium(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:37:55 AM
TurboReaper posted...
I actually regret buying the guide when I got Skyrim. I mean, it's pretty and all, but outside of giving the location of each shout I found it pretty pointless.

what made it so pointless?
---
Josh is Legend
#14am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 1/26/2013 12:57:25 AM
A friend of mine left his original Skyrim guide here. It's sitting on the table next to me and yet if I need to know anything.. it's off to UESP.

Like other posters have stated, it's not hard to navigate. If you just wanted to get through the game, click Skyrim on the left. Clicks Quests; Main Quests; Unbound. The top of every quest page lists any prerequisite quests and follow up quests. It doesn't get much easier than that.
#15PathlessBulletPosted 1/26/2013 1:00:53 AM
pladium posted...
TurboReaper posted...

Well, the game has hovering markers over everything of interest for one. I really don't see how you would need a guide for a game so accessible.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#16pladium(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:12:06 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
pladium posted...
TurboReaper posted...

Well, the game has hovering markers over everything of interest for one. I really don't see how you would need a guide for a game so accessible.

to me its moreso to get the most out of the game. like I said, I've already spent over 100 hours on the game, so its not like I don't know the ins and outs of exploring, but with something so big I'd hate to spend countless hours walking around in circles just trying to finish every single quest
---
Josh is Legend
#17PathlessBulletPosted 1/26/2013 1:38:21 AM
pladium posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
pladium posted...
TurboReaper posted...

to me its moreso to get the most out of the game. like I said, I've already spent over 100 hours on the game, so its not like I don't know the ins and outs of exploring, but with something so big I'd hate to spend countless hours walking around in circles just trying to finish every single quest

You know quest are procedurally generated right? They never end.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#18pladium(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:46:38 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
pladium posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
pladium posted...
TurboReaper posted...

You know quest are procedurally generated right? They never end.

no, I didn't and I don't quite understand that concept. But what I mean is missing out on talking to someone or completing a certain objective which would begin a quest
---
Josh is Legend
#19Hitman_67Posted 1/26/2013 2:00:14 AM
Ok i'll answer your question instead of being like these guys who shove website links in your face and just tell you to use the internet. I'm on the same boat with not wanting to look things up on the internet. Plus my phone sucks for those links and now i have a guide to help.

YES, it is worth it and you should get it. I reserved Skyrim and the Guide paying $30 for the guide and it worked perfectly. Added a nice poster and some artwork along with listing all information on anything. The updated version will help you out even more. So for $11 yes get it.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#20jrr18Posted 1/26/2013 2:54:49 AM(edited)
Too bad there isnít there a place you can get that info for free? You know something like a big databank with info on almost everything? Maybe you could assess thing from computers? Yep it's too bad nothing like this has been made and made strategy guides pointless I bet it would be a billion dollar invention. (sorry didn't read the part about not likeing online guides)
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101