How do you not shout Masks or Full Helmets off?

#11RikiazPosted 1/25/2013 12:25:51 PM
davelicious posted...
It's not the sound that is actually manifesting the magic response, it's the words and your understanding of them.

So the effects of the magic aren't emanating from your mouth as part of the sound waves, rather they are a catalyst to the incantation. If the sound waves themselves were carrying the effects, you wouldn't need form words to make it work.

---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#12lalallaalalPosted 1/25/2013 12:32:04 PM
Why can I go months without sleep?
#13RebelElite791Posted 1/25/2013 12:33:18 PM
How do dragons exist? How is the Aurbis really just the dream of an insane sleeping godhead? How fiction work?
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#1420ME2cmpnvetPosted 1/25/2013 12:45:53 PM
Gorilla Glue.

That S**** works wonders.
---
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
--Not Changing till Spring. It's cold outside.--
#15rx54Posted 1/25/2013 1:44:32 PM(edited)
Rikiaz posted...
davelicious posted...
It's not the sound that is actually manifesting the magic response, it's the words and your understanding of them.

So the effects of the magic aren't emanating from your mouth as part of the sound waves, rather they are a catalyst to the incantation. If the sound waves themselves were carrying the effects, you wouldn't need form words to make it work.

Then how come everyone insists on shouting the shouts when you could just say them?

The Greybeards are the only people who don't actually shout the shouts, but whisper them to avoid causing danger for others.
That implies that they could shout them instead of whispering and create danger, so somehow yelling words makes them more powerful while you said it's only your understanding of them, so with your theory this shouldn't be the case.

I think it's merely a developer oversight.

Don't mind me though, i'm a troll so logically that means nothing I can say will make logical sense on these boards... apparently.
1+1 = 2. See that's wrong, because a troll said it.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM60Sn8qxbM
#16MastadiPosted 1/25/2013 1:59:11 PM
rx54 posted...
Rikiaz posted...
davelicious posted...

Then how come everyone insists on shouting the shouts when you could just say them?

The Greybeards are the only people who don't actually shout the shouts, but whisper them to avoid causing danger for others.
That implies that they could shout them instead of whispering and create danger, so somehow yelling words makes them more powerful while you said it's only your understanding of them, so with your theory this shouldn't be the case.

The way I see it, the louder you 'speak', the more confident and willing you are to summon the Thu'um. With a whisper, you don't use as much willpower as with a shout, thus resulting in a weaker effect.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#17rx54Posted 1/25/2013 2:18:03 PM(edited)
Mastadi posted...
rx54 posted...
Rikiaz posted...
davelicious posted...

The way I see it, the louder you 'speak', the more confident and willing you are to summon the Thu'um. With a whisper, you don't use as much willpower as with a shout, thus resulting in a weaker effect.

I think that's a pretty unique way to get around saying it comes out of your mouth.
Even one of the shouts is called "Fire Breath"

More things:

- Fire Breath description: Inhale air, exhale flame, and behold the Thu'um as inferno.

- Frost Breath description: Your breath is winter, you Thu'um a blizzard.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM60Sn8qxbM
#18DRAGON07891230Posted 1/25/2013 2:28:40 PM
You're well over a year too late for this topic. These were circulating around pre release, go look in one of those topics.
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh!
#19RikiazPosted 1/25/2013 2:30:16 PM
rx54 posted...
Mastadi posted...
rx54 posted...
Rikiaz posted...
davelicious posted...

I think that's a pretty unique way to get around saying it comes out of your mouth.
Even one of the shouts is called "Fire Breath"

More things:

- Fire Breath description: Inhale air, exhale flame, and behold the Thu'um as inferno.

- Frost Breath description: Your breath is winter, you Thu'um a blizzard.

*MAGIC*
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#20DeathShinigami(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:38:27 PM
I mainly made this topic for lolz. I was hoping people wouldn't take it uber serious. Too late I guess.
---
9/22/12
The day a moderator referred to me as a kid and tried to get into an argument with me when I appealed a TOU violation.