Hjaalmarch Guard Armor

#1Kou-NurasakaPosted 1/25/2013 7:01:11 PM
I'm thinking of doing a Link build from LoZ, and Hjaalmarch armor would really looks amazing as his tunic. Does anybody know where a free copy exists?
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 1/25/2013 7:08:50 PM
Only on the backs of the guards.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Kou-Nurasaka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:19:01 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Only on the backs of the guards.

That's what I was afraid of.
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 1/25/2013 7:20:44 PM
Stealth "Fury" a guard, and let his compatriots kill him, to keep your hands--relatively--blood free.
---
#5PingPong5361Posted 1/26/2013 8:57:09 AM
Here's some ideas for things you could do to make him look more like Link:

Bosmer as your race obviously

Buy either the green clothes that Faendal wears or the green tunic/robe thingy that the couriers usually have on. Change into this outfit when you're not in battle. Unfortunately I don't know how you're going to replicate his hat, so either pretend he lost it or substitute it with a fine hat or the green hood.

As you said, Hjaalmarch or Markarth guard armor for in battle.

Boots and gauntlets can be Fur Boots, Leather Boots, Imperial Light Boots, Imperial Light Gauntlets, Fur Gauntlets, Fur Bracers, and Leather Gauntlets.

For weapons, use the generic looking normal swords (I'd use an Imperial Sword, looks most similar to Link's IMO). As for the Bow, use a Hunting Bow, Long Bow, or Imperial Bow.
---
Guess who brought a jet to a gunfight?
#6Kou-Nurasaka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:11:17 AM
PingPong5361 posted...
Here's some ideas for things you could do to make him look more like Link:

Bosmer as your race obviously

Buy either the green clothes that Faendal wears or the green tunic/robe thingy that the couriers usually have on. Change into this outfit when you're not in battle. Unfortunately I don't know how you're going to replicate his hat, so either pretend he lost it or substitute it with a fine hat or the green hood.

As you said, Hjaalmarch or Markarth guard armor for in battle.

Boots and gauntlets can be Fur Boots, Leather Boots, Imperial Light Boots, Imperial Light Gauntlets, Fur Gauntlets, Fur Bracers, and Leather Gauntlets.

For weapons, use the generic looking normal swords (I'd use an Imperial Sword, looks most similar to Link's IMO). As for the Bow, use a Hunting Bow, Long Bow, or Imperial Bow.

This is more or less what I plan on doing. I'm running on a PS3, so mods are out unfortunatly.

I'm planning on using low level equipment until later in the game, when I'll use higher level equipment such as a glass longsword to replicate the Master Sword. Other than being green, it looks very similar to the Master Sword.
#7Kou-Nurasaka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:34:53 PM
Stealth "Fury" a guard, and let his compatriots kill him, to keep your hands--relatively--blood free.

The only problem is I'd have to invest in Illusion perks to make it viable on guards, and that goes against the Link roleplay.
#8RampagingwalrusPosted 1/26/2013 7:37:44 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
The only problem is I'd have to invest in Illusion perks to make it viable on guards, and that goes against the Link roleplay.

Not if you do it early enough.
If I recall correctly, you can Fury (without perks) guards as long as you are a real low level.
---
#9Kou-Nurasaka(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:07:12 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...

Not if you do it early enough.
If I recall correctly, you can Fury (without perks) guards as long as you are a real low level.

Really? I tried it at level 2 and they were too strong for the spell.
#10CoR02Posted 1/26/2013 10:23:50 PM
If I'm reading this right, according to the UESP, the Hjallmarch guards start at level 20.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hjaalmarch_Guard

You'll need a few perks in the Illusion tree to make Fury work.

Otherwise, you could become thane of Hjallmarch, kill a guard, and then wipe it clean with your thane card. Or wait for a dragon and hope it kills the guard (which doesn't happen often at low levels).