didn't like other elder scrolls but love dark souls will I like this?

#1ozzyneverdiesPosted 1/26/2013 2:54:58 AM
I've been really wanting to get into the elder scrolls games since morrowind and I also played oblivion. I love the concept of the game and the idea of being in a massive free roam fantasy world. But the glitchy washed graphics and unsatisfying fighting (e.g. you hit them with a sword and it doesn't look like it hit them). I really enjoyed the dark souls game and what I'm hoping is this is an easier free roaming version of dark souls with a much larger world? I'm also hoping it wont take me 10 hours to get a rubbish sword like it did on the last game, I'd like it to be a bit more accessible for those of us who can only put 8 hours or so a week into video gaming.

The graphics do look a lot better on this than the last games from what I've seen and also the combat seems to be improved. So what do you think guys will I like it?

I appreciate any input!
---
gamertag:dakinator123
#2xDeadrebornxPosted 1/26/2013 2:56:58 AM
Did not bother to read what you posted.

U will
---
It was close...real close.
#3jrr18Posted 1/26/2013 3:02:17 AM
No it's impossible to like both skyrim and dark souls.
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4XydruPosted 1/26/2013 3:06:15 AM
It's a good leap ahead of past ES games in terms of game mechanics (including combat) and graphics.
The strong point of Skyrim though is the exploration and the different ways to play. It suffers in just about every other aspect, minus back story on the world (lore).
Combat is mediocre at best, vanilla quest line stories aren't the best, and there are glitches and bugs.
All that aside, it's pretty easy to get immersed in the game world and make your own character into what you want him/her to be. Lots of hours to be put in too. I spent almost 2 hours collecting ingredients for alchemy and doing one quest. For me, time well spent.

If all you care about is combat, then you should probably skip this game. If you want to explore and get immersed in the world, play it.
---
... and that was the second time I got crabs.
#5ozzyneverdies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:09:41 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I may have to wait til the next generation of console when the graphics and the ram or whatever on the console can make the elder scrolls the epic games they should be!
---
#6PathlessBulletPosted 1/26/2013 3:14:48 AM
ozzyneverdies posted...
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I may have to wait til the next generation of console when the graphics and the ram or whatever on the console can make the elder scrolls the epic games they should be!

What in the actual f-

Oh..... you got me. 4/10
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#7ozzyneverdies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:16:51 AM
I want dark souls graphics and responsive gameplay but in the massive elder scrolls world and I don't think the current generation of consoles can do that yet!
---
#8jrr18Posted 1/26/2013 3:18:36 AM
ozzyneverdies posted...
I want dark souls graphics and responsive gameplay but in the massive elder scrolls world and I don't think the current generation of consoles can do that yet!

Or the elder scrolls has elder scroll game play because it's TES and not dark souls. (The graphics a fine)
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#9RebelElite791Posted 1/26/2013 1:11:11 PM
What is up with all the Dark Souls trolls lately?

is this December 2011 again?

Where am I?
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#10Carruth81Posted 1/26/2013 1:21:41 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
What is up with all the Dark Souls trolls lately?

is this December 2011 again?

Where am I?

Ive been wondering about that as well. I love when they say they want Dark Souls graphics when Skyrims are just fine, and do better then 20 fps.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents