didn't like other elder scrolls but love dark souls will I like this?

#21youshallbeasgodPosted 1/26/2013 4:43:09 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
Alienbob151 posted...
I love Dark Souls.

But, its graphics, while good, aren't nearly as good as Skyrim's. And, the combat systems are equal to me: Dark Souls really doesn't have any weight to your attacks either, and fighting the bosses is clunky. Plus the game is really actually quite easy. The controls are hard at first, and it does punish you for messing up, but the replay value is quite low because it's so easy just to rush through the game and kill everything really easy even at level 1.

And the hard bosses are just cheap (Four Kings), and force you to use gimmicks instead of actually testing skill.

I love Dark Souls for its character building and world, but not for its combat or its "difficulty". Skyrim and Dark Souls are quite equal to me.

This guy gets it. Except boss fights. I don't find it clunky at all.

Mhmm.

DS's combat is horribly overrated.

Hell I prefer Mount and Blade's combat style.

While I agree with the combat being overrated, it's not by any means, works well and reminds me of Bushido Blade. I do prefer the ragdolls and the way Skyrim handles combat, but only because I'm a sucker for things flying away after a Fireball... in Dark Souls all enemies have the same death animation (even bosses), that's no fun at all.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#22RebelElite791Posted 1/26/2013 4:45:46 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Alienbob151 posted...
I love Dark Souls.

But, its graphics, while good, aren't nearly as good as Skyrim's. And, the combat systems are equal to me: Dark Souls really doesn't have any weight to your attacks either, and fighting the bosses is clunky. Plus the game is really actually quite easy. The controls are hard at first, and it does punish you for messing up, but the replay value is quite low because it's so easy just to rush through the game and kill everything really easy even at level 1.

And the hard bosses are just cheap (Four Kings), and force you to use gimmicks instead of actually testing skill.

I love Dark Souls for its character building and world, but not for its combat or its "difficulty". Skyrim and Dark Souls are quite equal to me.

This guy gets it. Except boss fights. I don't find it clunky at all.

Mhmm.

DS's combat is horribly overrated.

Hell I prefer Mount and Blade's combat style.

While I agree with the combat being overrated, it's not by any means, works well and reminds me of Bushido Blade. I do prefer the ragdolls and the way Skyrim handles combat, but only because I'm a sucker for things flying away after a Fireball... in Dark Souls all enemies have the same death animation (even bosses), that's no fun at all.

Wait, you agree but it's not? Lol. Or did you forget a word?

It's fun combat, but I dont think it's the pinnacle of "omg best combat in any game ever" that the fanboys make it out ot be.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#23stekim40Posted 1/26/2013 4:45:48 PM
How can you not like Morrowind?

Morrowind is still the best ES game.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#24darkportal785Posted 1/26/2013 4:51:50 PM
How can you not like Morrowind?

Morrowind is still the best ES game.

Joke opinion.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts?
#25youshallbeasgodPosted 1/26/2013 4:53:23 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Wait, you agree but it's not? Lol. Or did you forget a word?

It's fun combat, but I dont think it's the pinnacle of "omg best combat in any game ever" that the fanboys make it out ot be.

No... I'm saying DkS is good, not "perfect" like some people think. It's not a bad game and you can see devs put a lot o effort on it. For example, Apple sells great products, there's no point in denying it. But do I give a s***t? Hell no

That's just my opinion of course. I'm saying Dark Souls is a good game, but it's also overrated. Like FF7.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#26andy12handyPosted 1/26/2013 6:17:35 PM(edited)
You might. If you liked Dark Souls for the atmosphere, you might like Skyrim for the exploration focus. Both of them have a pretty deep lore, but Skyrim's is a bit more obvious.

Overall, if you don't mind the mediocre combat, it's a great game.
(not saying that Dark Souls is better in anyway though, there are a ton of things about Dark Souls' combat system that I can complain about)
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#27-Damien-Posted 2/2/2013 11:21:35 AM
NO

you won't like Skyrim if you like Dark Souls

Skyrim is just any other scrolls games, the combat is pile of trash, it's very amateurish