best thing for a two-handed warrior from the Aetherium Forge?

#1WelshDragon89Posted 1/26/2013 8:05:23 AM
Yeah, I would like the crown but if I have to sacrifice a helmet for it then I'm not sure. But then the staff and the shield won't be much use for me either...

I wouldn't be bothered but I'm doing a treasure hunter character where I get as much as I physically can from these three lists:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Artifacts
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unique_Items
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Specialty_Gear

And I'd like to get something that at least will be useful to me.
---
Scrawn
#2agentspoonPosted 1/26/2013 8:08:03 AM
The Crown.

Its the most unique of all three and after Dragonborn added in Dwemer Construct Followers the Staff is useless.

You can store any Standing Stone Power inside the Crown and gain that ability when you wear it.

The kicker is that everytime you equip the Crown you get the Power re-added to your character, so you can cast the once a day Stone Powers as much as you want.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#3auldfhartePosted 1/26/2013 8:08:06 AM
Honestly, I always go for the crown because it is most useful IMO
---
"There be no butter in hell!"-CCF
#4metroidman92Posted 1/26/2013 9:12:49 AM
agentspoon posted...
The Crown.

Its the most unique of all three and after Dragonborn added in Dwemer Construct Followers the Staff is useless.

You can store any Standing Stone Power inside the Crown and gain that ability when you wear it.

The kicker is that everytime you equip the Crown you get the Power re-added to your character, so you can cast the once a day Stone Powers as much as you want.

Holy balls, I didn't know that. That's awesome.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#5agentspoonPosted 1/26/2013 9:28:16 AM
agentspoon posted...
The Crown.

Holy balls, I didn't know that. That's awesome.

Yep, works with The Ritual Stone as well so you can raise an Undead Army. Literally an Army.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#6Mr_PopelPosted 1/26/2013 9:45:11 AM
The crown is always the correct answer ... pretty much for every char ... having two standing stone abilities just beats summoning dwemer followers (although those things are awesome) and/or turning enemies aetherical (why'd i want to do that anyways)
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#7WelshDragon89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:54:04 AM
yeah but crown

or helmet.

see
---
Scrawn
#8metroidman92Posted 1/26/2013 9:54:23 AM
Mr_Popel posted...
The crown is always the correct answer ... pretty much for every char ... having two standing stone abilities just beats summoning dwemer followers (although those things are awesome) and/or turning enemies aetherical (why'd i want to do that anyways)

Thing is is, if you're getting an armor bonus from having all light/heavy armor, you lose it with the crown. I guess you could just enchant to get it back, but still.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#9PingPong5361Posted 1/26/2013 11:05:06 AM
metroidman92 posted...
Mr_Popel posted...

Thing is is, if you're getting an armor bonus from having all light/heavy armor, you lose it with the crown. I guess you could just enchant to get it back, but still.

The benefits of two standing stone could far outweigh those of the armor bonus though. You could have, say, the lord stone and the lady stone for +50 Armor Bonus, +25% Magic Resistance, +25% health regen, and +25% stamin regen. Having these bonuses permanently can leave your enchantment slots open for other skills, or you can just have crazy insane levels of those same skills if you want.
---
Guess who brought a jet to a gunfight?
#10Smackdowner1Posted 1/26/2013 11:19:37 AM
Two questions for those who have the crown.

If you duplicate it, can you store a different stone in each one?
If you force a follower to use the crown with a stone that has a daily power, will they use it?
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013