You know what would be an Awesome theme for a game set in Elsweyr?

#1NoxatroxPosted 1/26/2013 10:16:24 AM(edited)
The game would be set roughly 100 years before Skyrim takes place, in the years 4E 98 - 4E 100: a period of time that would later be known as the Void Nights. In case you aren't too familiar with the Elder Scroll's lore or simply don't care about it much, let me paint a picture of the setting for you.

It is the year 4E 98, and the Empire is a shadow of its former glory. Only a year after the Oblivion Crisis that shook all of Tamriel, Black Marsh and Elsweyr both secede from the Empire with no Emperor. Just four years after that in 4E 5, the Red Mountain located in Morrowind erupts destroying all of Vvardenfell and causing mass destruction to the rest of the province; and to make matters even worse, the Argonians invade southern Morrowind shortly after. Potentate Ocato, on the verge of successfully re-stabilizing the Empire is assassinated by an unknown group, and a Colovian warlord by the name of Titus Mede captures the Imperial City and is crowned the new emperor of the Empire of Tamriel. In 4E 22, a strange new group called the Thalmor seize total control of the Summerset Isle and just a few years later, overthrow the government of Valenwood and recreate the Aldmeri Dominion, severing all contact with the Empire. In all this chaos, the province of Elsweyr remained relatively untouched; and every night the great warrior cats would look to the skies and see their dual god moons Masser and Secunda smiling back at them. Then one night, the moons vanish and all of Elsweyr goes to hell. At the same time, a lone wanderer of unknown origins arrives into the sands of Elsweyr and while history might not remember it, the people of Elsweyr do.

Unlike the main characters of Morrowind and Skyrim who were like "the chosen ones" your character in this game would just be an ordinary adventurer. This means that at the begining of the game your character would be completely unknown to anyone, and any fame you receive later would be based off actual things you did. Like for example a person would look at you and be like"Oh hey, that's the guy who saved my village from a manticore!" or "That's the bastard who killed my brother-in-law!".

The game would begin in the year 4E 98 and revolve around the disappearance of the two moons. Since the moons were revered as gods by the Khajiit, it's pretty clear that they would be hysterical to find out what happened to them This would obviously lead to a floor of adventurers from other lands coming in for fame or fortune. Maybe another change from the recent Elder Scrolls games would that your character wouldn't just be a random prisoner. Through dialog choices, your character could forge his/her own backstory, like for example one could say that he's a banished Orc from his stronghold, or that she's an adventurer from Cyrodiil, or even say that they have amnesia and can't remember.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag- Coneman50
#2Noxatrox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:18:19 AM(edited)
Anyways I haven't really mapped out the story yet, but since the game spans two years (4E 98 - 4E 100) it's obvious that there would have to be a lot of content. Maybe around half way into the story, you'd find out the actual reason that the moons disappeared and then find out a way to restore them, as hard as that may be. Around this time you'd find out that the Thalmor are in Elsweyr. I haven't really come up with how your character interacts with them, maybe he/she ignores them or maybe even teams up with them. In any case, they wouldn't be near as hostile as they are in Skyrim and instead you might find them friendly and charismatic, saying that they want to bring back the moons to help Elsweyr.

Whatever the case, after two long years of adventuring through Elsweyr during its darkest hour, your character would forge many friendships but also many enemies. They would have saved lives but also ended lives. Whether it was for fame and fortune or simply the sense of adventure, your character now finally has all they needs to bring back the dual moons and restore peace to Elsweyr. The only way to properly end this adventure would to complete your task and become the greatest hero that the fourth era has seen so far. And as you do, you know that you will be hailed as the savior of Elsweyr for all time for your deeds, renown as the single person that changed the course of chaos, written in the scrolls as...

And then the Thalmor betray you and stab you in the back, perhaps literally, killing you. With you dead, they announce that it was they that restored the moons, the Khajiits credit them as their savior and Imperial influence in Elsweyr begins to wane dramatically. Within just fifteen years, Imperial influence in Elsweyr diminishes so greatly that a coup in 4E 115 dissolves the Elsweyr Confederacy and recreates the ancient kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine as client states of the Aldmeri Dominion. And what about your character? Well while history might not remember it, the people in Elsweyr that you made friends with, helped, saved the lives of, and adventured with do.

So tell me what you think this idea and how you feel about it. Do you like the twist ending or do you think that it's too sad? Maybe you could offer advice and help make the story. Oh and sorry if I contradicted with any established lore while writing this, just tell me if I have. Any praise or criticism welcome! :D
---
#3MrGazzoPosted 1/26/2013 10:34:38 AM
This could work, you know. Would be cool if it was the Thalmor's plan all along to make the moons disappear to gain the Khajiit's allegiance. We get to be the one who expose the Thalmor's lie or we could join the Thalmor instead
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#4Noxatrox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:08:24 PM
Hmm yea I guess, but exposing the Thalmor wouldn't really fit into the established lore. It could still work though?
---
#5zewhitguyPosted 1/27/2013 5:43:38 PM
I like your idea brah
---
Godzilla would destroy King Kong
#6Noxatrox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:57:34 AM
zewhitguy posted...
I like your idea brah

dthanks mang!
---
#7UrBritishFriendPosted 1/28/2013 10:35:57 AM
They could pull a FO3 where you die at the end. You get to the point where you're about to defeat the Thalmor plan and then they ambush you and you die. That way if you decide to fight them it still fits into the lore.