Help with Thieves Guild. "Spoilers maybe"

#1NJC745Posted 1/26/2013 12:21:50 PM
Hi all the last time i sought help on these boards it was a very positive experience so I was hoping if someone can help me with the Thieves Guild.

Currently I finished all the quest with only becoming Guild master remaining. I have done the special jobs in Markarth, Solitude and Windhelm (as well as the moon sugar for the caravans) but I cannot seem to get the special job for Whiterun.

I've completed way more than the 5 required small jobs for the city but for whatever reason it is simply not activating.

Does anyone have an explanation/fix for this?

P.S.
When completing the jobs for Delvin and Vex I would decline jobs if it is not offered in Whiterun and I also have Dawnguard installed. I don't know if either of these would affect the quest but I'm just throwing it out there.

Thank you in advance for any input.
---
ATL Falcons!!!!!
since 2004 =)
#2PapaRosario23Posted 1/26/2013 12:37:00 PM
Did you try shaking it?
---
Second Mars rover, Bicuriousity, also open to exploring Uranus
#3JJ2036Posted 1/26/2013 12:43:24 PM
Its random. I had similar experience with the windhelm jobs. Just do every job dont turn any of them away.
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#4Tyrant_eyePosted 1/26/2013 12:44:40 PM
I just kept quitting jobs until they gave me the one I wanted. In my case it was markarth, took me about 20 trys and I finally got it.
---
PSN: xDaedric-Lordx
#5ForgottenLegendPosted 1/26/2013 2:53:05 PM
I'd personally just keep completing the quests. They are simple and really easy money which can always come in handy.

Will come up eventually!
---
GT: GOLDU5T
#6Carruth81Posted 1/26/2013 2:59:55 PM
Wow Someone had a positive experience on here when asking for help? Easy to forget when getting into the arguments and tangents
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#7GBALoserPosted 1/26/2013 3:11:48 PM
You can also try saving before asking for a new job, then reloading until you get the city of choice.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#8SaddIebagsPosted 1/26/2013 3:17:27 PM
Random question: are you also doing Dark Brotherhood quests?

I wonder if it could screw up your dialog with Delvin...
---
http://i.imgur.com/QpnxU.gif http://i.imgur.com/JFtqU.gif
#9the_old_daysPosted 1/26/2013 6:46:28 PM(edited)
The only bummer about quitting jobs and asking for new ones is that it apparently depletes your total radiant job completion by one for each job you quit.

This doesn't matter if you're just trying to get the five jobs in Markarth, Solitude, Windhelm, and Whiterun; however, if you're trying to finish 125 jobs for all the cosmetic rewards that appear behind the guild master's desk, this will make it harder to keep count of jobs you've completed.

From UESP:

Jeweled Candlestick appears after 5 jobs.
Ornate Drinking Horn appears after 15 jobs.
Golden Ship Model appears after 25 jobs.
Golden Urn appears after 35 jobs.
Jeweled Goblet appears after 45 jobs.
Jeweled Pitcher appears after 55 jobs.
Jeweled Flagon appears after 75 jobs.
A safe appears next to the shelves after completing 125 jobs.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#10NJC745(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:55:58 PM
Thank you guys, I'll just keep at it then.

@SaddIebags Not at the moment, I finished them a while ago.

Thank you all for you input :D
---
ATL Falcons!!!!!
since 2004 =)